Star Wars spin off coming to TV

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Orleander, Oct 17, 2007.

1. USS Enterprise-A Registered Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

its a dang annoying thing though.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

dEAR aLL,

i HOPE ALL IS WELL

I Have known about thsi show for a few years it is good that it now should soon be with us..

i cant wait, i think jar jar is quality and the Phantom menace was well good.. obviously you ahve to look at it as a plot setter to really understand its quality

And who said the lines were shit????????? there were some quality lines like:

darth sidious " Wipe them out.... All of them"
    basially all of Darth Sidious's plotting was great!!!

i dont know why you guys are so down, its going to be quality, rest assured!!!

~~~~~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Hmmm...

Bones: He's dead Jim.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tealcsabeast Registered Member

Lucas, dude.... I like your older stuff, i really do, but Dude...........:wallbang:

8. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I hope it will be years later. so we finally can see some new kickass stuff. and not some droids that are AFRAID ?????

It is time for a better and bigger Starwars

9. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Agreed. It's sad, but most of the best stuff in SW was written by someone other than Lucas. When he actually directly writes stuff it usually ends up being really lame.

Lucas' script for A New Hope has lines like "The Force is what gives a Jedi his powers." while the script for Empire Strikes Back (which Lucas didn't write) has lines like "The force is a jedi's ally...and a powerful ally it is."

By the way, did you know that in the original script for Return of the Jedi Endor isn't an ewok planet, but a wookie planet? Lucas changed them to ewoks because he though it made the film more "family friendly." But the part of the story where they're able to defeat the stormtroopers makes a hell of a lot more sense if you know that they were originally supposed to be wookies. Also, in the original script Lando was supposed to die destroying the death star, saving the Rebellion and atoning for his betrayal in the previous movie. That's why Han wasn't on the Falcon during the final battle, and why Han has his line about "I have a funny feeling that's the last time I'll see it" while watching the Falcon fly off at the end of the movie - originally it was the last time he saw it. But again, Lucas cut it because he thought it was too down-beat.

Also, many of the best lines in New Hope and Return (like when Han responds to Leigh's "I love you" with "I know") were ad libbed by the actors and only kept in because others were able to convince Lucas that they were better than what was in the script.

10. Char Dun Dun DUUUUNNNNN!!! Registered Senior Member

Well Lucas is really past his prime....

11. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

i was a kid when that came out and thought jarjar was funny, and really enjoyed that movie. "blatant attemtps to appeal to the kiddies" doesn't bother me. the third movie made up for the first and second imo.