St. Cindy Quits Anti-War Movement

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, May 28, 2007.

1. sandy Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Sandy, you realize the the "Rapture" isn't a widely held belief amongst Christians, right? Catholics, the Orthodox churches and most Protestants—most Christians worldwide—reject it.

In fact, it's not really until the 19th century, in America, that you see any undisputed following of people who believe in the Rapture, which suggests at least 1800 years of people "misinterpreting" the Bible (conservatives and liberal Christians alike) until John Darby came to embrace the notion and taught it to his congregation. (There is one vague reference to "the Rapture" amongst the works of early church leaders, but (i) it's not clear that the reference backs up Darby's expansive interpretation and (ii) Christianity did not incorporate that lone reference into doctrine prior to Darby.)

Even then, it was limited to a tiny subset of the fundamentalist movement influenced by Darby until the 1908 edition of William Blackstone's "Jesus is Coming" and the 1909 Scofield Reference Bible included commentary on it. At which point is exploded in popularity in America, but never really went very far outside the U.S., where the Scofield Reference Bible, and Jesus is Coming were not big sellers.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

You're cute when you're mad.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Wait, I can't make that statement because NO ONE here actually knows what you look like to begin with! :shrug:
    Crap off? Never heard that one before.
    You didn't merely say you 'look' like her, you said you were hotter than she was (typical Christian humility there). And when I said you think you are her, it was metaphorical. You do know what a metaphor is, don't you? You seem to know everything else (except for how to properly insert

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The Bible has been changed many times over history. Some of it was even totally excluded from the Bible for a while. Other scriptures that exist are also not included in the Bible, like the Dead Sea Scrolls....

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Man... you are so lovable. (no, not being sarcastic)

Look girl, you support stuff that Jesus would never have supported and doesn't support what he would have. I have yet to hear any of your concerns for the welfare of People. That's why I don't respect you.

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Maybe Cindy was not the best speaker. But she spoke in support of peace. Ever read Matthew 5? What does Jesus say about peacemakers in that chapter?

You don't respect peace. Nor do you support it. I don't see why you call yourself a christian.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Wrong. Study history.

I'm amazed YOU even know what a Bible is.

11. sandy Banned Banned

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

the rapture is never mentioned in the bible and bush does deserve articles of impeachment drawn up against him

13. sandy Banned Banned

14. superstring01 Moderator

Ah... pjdude, perhaps the "rapture" is never said (it's a coloquialism) but the essense of what the common interpretation for "rapture" is definately spelled out. I won't bother debating you on the impeachment thing-- that's a matter of oppinion and has been beaten to death.

And sandy, anybody can contribute to wikipedia. Many, many christians do. It is, after many studies, still found to be very accurate and, no matter how you look at it, it's still the easiest way to start any research on any topic because it most likely has SOMETHING written on said subject.

~String

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I would have supported Cindy if she hadn't drug her dead son into it.

16. Bells Staff Member

Her anti-war sentiment was because of her dead son.

17. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Yeah, apparantly she hated her dead son and what he believed and stood up for so much she had to make a spectacle of herself. She had to arrange protests at military funerals. She had to violate the dresscode for the State of the Union Address. She had to buddy up to an opressive dictator(Chavez) who is buying the elections and crushing any criticism.

Cindy was not a peacemaker in any sense of the term. She may have spoke of peace but her actions told a different story.

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Who cares about a fucking dress code? Her son died over a pointless cause. That's why she was upset. She wasn't a peacemaker. She was just fed up over a pointless loss of life.

19. sandy Banned Banned

Her son CHOSE to serve. I have read stories/interviews of friends of his saying he's probably mortified at what she's doing and would be rolling over in his grave (if that was possible).

Of course we feel sad for anyone who has lost someone they love. But her behavior is despicable.

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

no here behavior is acceptable people like you who attack her and other anti-war and pro-peace protesters are the one's who's behavior is despicable. what she is doing is a very american thing to do attacking is a unamerican thing to do

21. sandy Banned Banned

She said President Bush was "the biggest terrorist in the world and that he was "waging a nuclear war in Iraq."

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/Stewartrally.htm

Even her own family has disowned her. Her husband divorced the crackpot too.
    "We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.
    Sincerely,
    Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins."

She actually called the evil muslim terrorists "freedom fighters." That's right. The very ones that killed her son.

She embraces America's enemies (Michael Moore, Chavez...)

Even her own party disowned her. She's nuts.

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you say she is nuts yet you support ann coulter some who has adavocated the commiting of acts of terrorism and war crimes. who acts as if rabid i would think being nuts would be a quilifacation for you supporting them. there are freedom fighters in iraq and terrorists they are not one and the same bush can be considered a terrorist for exploiting the fear caused by 9/11 to undermine the constitution and you can make the case we had a nuclear war in iraq for we did use depleted uranium shells their which a slightly radioactive in addition to being toxic once used. moore is a great american why dissent few things are more american than that. you don't like the fact she is against bush and his well illegal war in iraq so you must belittle her grow up she may be missing a few marbles but that doesn't mean she does not have legitament complaints against bush and his adminastration.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

America's enemies? Michael Moore? Wow, we have sunk pretty low. It used to be guys like Hitler, now it's just a guy that makes documentary movies.