Spiritual Evolution

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by TruthSeeker, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

truthseeker,

And a few hundred years ago 98% of the world polulation believed the world was flat.

Truth has never been determined by a democratic vote and even less by mis-informed mass opinions.

Cris

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

chagur,

Sorry I forgot you are American. I’ve made that mistake before with one of my past American girlfriends. In my British usage ‘dummy’ is friendly sarcasm. I wouldn’t use the term with anyone I didn’t respect. Guess I should have added a smiley.

But your #16 was invalid hence my reason for adding one that was more appropriate. You need to pay attention.

Cris

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Mis-informed...
    Who is the mis-informed here...?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Good Luck...
    Nelson

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

What the hell are you talking about?

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

Good question Tyler.

I believe what Cris is saying is that "Sanity is not statistical"

Nelson:

Because our actions happen to be in the right. Somday, you may grow up and learn that not all of the world's problems can be blamed on the Big Mean Scary USA.

For the record, Cris has stated that he is British, not American. Over 200 years ago there was this little war......

The war in Afghanistan is about oil in the Middle East? What the bloody hell? Since when was Afghanistan in the Middle East?

You won't deny that my country was attacked, will you? You do realize that the man who attacked us is/was hiding in Afghanistan?

Chagur:

Since when was the USSR athiestic? Did they not practically worship Marx, Lenin and Communism?

Of course, even so, that proves merely ancedotal.

I do not appreciate having my ethics slurred without cause.

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

My 'What the....' comment was at t.s. for being so dumb.

And don't be silly Xev, of course all the worlds problems are because of you guys!!! Silly girl, don't you know Brazil can do no wrong? Like Branco??? A Nazi you say??? Nooooooo! And it's not like Branco helped bring Videla to power!!!

Getting back to reality......your comments on 'worshipping' of Marx/Lenin are both real and debateable. The people were TOLD to worship them. Whether or not they actually did is debateable. Would you say someone who has never read the Bible worships Christianity? Incidentally then, could someone who never read Lenin or Marx's writings be considered to be 'worshipping' them?

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler: Indeed, I think "What the....?" is a good question in this debate.

I am sure that somhow, some way, that is America's fault. *Sigh*

Hell, the collapse of the Roman Empire was probably our fault! (Although Nelson, you are a bit more culpable for that than us - right, obscure joke)

Of course, Tyler, whether they really worshipped Marx and Lenin is debatable....nothing is that clear.

The Soviets, during some periods, persecuted the Orthodox Church, but it was mostly left alone. To say that the history of the USSR is a history of an athiestic state is to swallow the stupid, stupid propaganda the American government put out during the Cold War.

Godless Commies indeed!

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Chagur,

Yup that could be seen as ambiguous but the ‘and’ was intended to be inclusive, i.e. there is no pause after ‘religious’.

For the record the phrase would be better reworded as –

….evolve through science and technology
    into enlightened beings free of religious and spiritual irrelevancies …

But you’re a bright guy, you knew what I intended, right?

Cris

14. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Truthseeker,

A summary of your answers -

Media: For the way you see the world, OF COURSE...
    Government: So why do you defend it...?
    Reasoning: No... it's your obsessive reasoning...
    Pulling your chain: I have no chains... you do...

You really didn’t explain yourself here and you’ve introduced further confusion.

The media is a massive arena with extensive wide-ranging content. Which part of that do you think represents me?

I don’t understand why you think I defend the government. I even only tolerate democracy because it is the best of a bad selection of options, and the hypocrisy of politicians is sickening. So I have no idea what you mean here. I even donate to the ACLU to help the fight against the current government’s extremes.

How can reasoning be obsessive? One either thinks rationally or irrationally. Are you suggesting that I should follow your lead and think irrationally sometimes? Or are you suggesting I should simply accept your puerile baseless assertions without question?

As for your chain: I don’t think you understood what I meant by that phrase. You have become very predictable in most of your responses and I know I can use a particular phrase to make you give a particular response. My hope is that you will at sometime recognize that you are being suckered and will expand your current very narrow view of everything.

Have fun
    Cris

15. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Hitler was a man who had lived among the poor of Germany and Austria for years.

He was also a man who sought to murder those he lived amongst."

Hitler didn't want to murder those he lived amongst. If you are refering to the poor and homeless, he wanted to force them to work. If you look back, my nation did the same thing (or tried to).

"To the fact that the world did not belong to him or those he saw fit to rule.
    To the fact that murder is wrong.
    To the fact that 'aryan' is not based on the bodily features"

Who does the world belong to? The people? Then is not the U.S. ignorant to the same fact? The States frequently interfers in problems in lands that it does not belong. Did Vietnam belong to the U.S.? No. But it saw Vietnam as a place it deserved to decide the fate of. That's just one example.
    To the fact that murder is wrong? That's a moral decision. And like every moral decision, it is personal. Hitler would have told you murder was wrong. But that killing a Jew or Commie was necessary as they were trying to kill him (which, for the commie part, was true).
    To his whole Darwinian theories? Yes, he was scientifically wrong. But how many other millions of people have been?

"But what was his purpose?
    To murder on the basis that he thought some people were better than others and therefore deserved to live."

And here's where you prove me right! The original statement you made was that Hitler did NOT kill discrimanatorily. Yet here you say he killed 'on the basis that he thought some people were better than others.' And if you want to get right down to it, Hitler's purpose was not to kill, but to raise up. He wanted Germans to be superior more than he wanted Jews/Commies/Gypsies dead. Yes, they're both connected, but his true passion was in lifting up Aryans and the Master Race.

"Hitler did not kill according to whims at all. He killed after theories he devised following years of both turmoil and thought.

Time is relative, when we look back at it now, it was a very breif moment in history."

Oh yeah? You've lived on the street as a bum for 6 years? With minimal food? No shelter? Surrounded by thousands because that's the state of your nation? You do that and then come back and tell me it's a short period of time.

murder - 'The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice'

kill - 'To put to death.'

Of course, Hitler made it quite lawful to kill those he did. Also, to murder someone is usually when you pick an individual.

"Everyone else was fine with him.

Are we talking about the same bloke?"

Yes??? Hitler only wanted to kill those who he felt where a threat to Aryan/German supremecy or were useless to the society. Gays were useless because they couldn't reproduce. Gypsies were a threat because they never contributed to society and held no pride in the nation. Commies, well, that's obvious. Jews were commies according to Hitler. And plus, they were not proud to be German, but proud to be Jewish. Want me to go on?

16. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler, meet Jan. Jan, Tyler.

Just wait for her (him?) to redifine the word 'Nazi'.....

Nelson:

Those who invalidate reason ought seriously to consider whether they argue against reason
    with or without reason; if with reason, then they establish the principle that they are laboring to
    dethrone: but if they argue without reason (which, in order to be consistent with themselves they
    must do), they are out of reach of rational conviction, nor do they deserve a rational argument.

-Ethan Allan.

I could not put it better.

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Cris,

No comments...
    I'm pretty much awake...

Love,
    Nelson

18. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

truthseeker,

Good, I'm glad I woke you up.

C

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I've been awake since some years ago...
    You did nothing but make me thing further and develop even more my ideas. Thanks.

Love,
    Nelson

20. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

truthseeker,

Uh oh, you mean I’ve screwed up and we’d all be better off if you’d stayed asleep, right?

Cris

21. Tyler Registered Senior Member

No no. He means we'd all be better off if we were Christian.

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Now im confused

I thought i just read that you are pagan truthseeker?

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler:

Umm, you boys would be gouging your eyes out every time a cute woman passed.

Literally.

I'd have to get married and submit to my husband (hmmm, one of 'those' sorts of relationships?

).

Count me out.