Spin off thread: satire versus insult

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Baron Max, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

No scott it's you who are missing the point: look at the italicised sentence.
    This is about what YOU want and you are trying to over ride the entire community to conform to your simplistic ideals.
    This is SciForums not scott3xForums.

The italicised words sum it it all up again: you don't care about anything except getting what YOU think is right.

And it's an asinine solution - the mods are volunteers and can't be expected to monitor everything; if the Sci population can sort itself out then life is easier all round.
    Or should we abrogate all responsibility to the mods?

This entire thread is about what YOU want - not what's best for SciForums, not about improving anything - it's a self-centred self-absorbed "I'm right and everybody should do it because I want it this way".
    You're a control freak: plain and simple we (and the mods) are NOT here to make life (in any way shape or form) easier for YOU personally.
    Shut up, fit in or go away.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scott3x Banned Banned

I haven't spoken much with either Asguard or Brian; they seem to operate in different forums then I usually do. But perhaps most important, everything I've said hasn't solely been for the benefit of the members; it's also been for the moderators.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

And what benefit has it been? Remember I shall likely check with each moderator to see if they received this benefit.

8. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Exactly: I stated that if I were to over-estimate your intelligence (as evidenced in your posts) then I'd accuse you of baiting or being deliberately obtuse, but since I haven't done so then...
    The sentence was intended to be read as a whole, (which is why I gave the clue of making it a single sentence).
    And you construe the fact that I have NOT done so as an insult?
    My, that would make preparing a list somewhat tricky wouldn't it?

So you're claiming that you're not as smart as you appear to be?
    Perhaps I should offer my apologies and say that maybe I have, after all, overestimated your intelligence. :shrug:
    At least the "obtuse" and "baiting" accusation hasn't been levelled at you by me.

Facile and incorrect assumption, based on zero evidence or a warped viewpoint.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, believe me, there has been some effort in this area, and as for "other areas"... let's just say that you have have far less idea on those than you have on this subject.

The truth?
    At least you seem to have a sense of humour as a redeeming feature.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

This thread seems to have turned into a character analysis of scott3x - somewhat off the original topic. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.