Speaking of the crazy things some religious folks do...

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Kittamaru, Jun 28, 2014.

1. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

this is not just a Christian thing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Jan Ardena,

You do realise how "Holier than Thou" you come across? (You should consider that being a Zealot isn't exactly the same direction as being pious or humble)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Why do you say I am a zealot, and come across as ''holier than thou''?

jan.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

NMSquirrel,

Sorry it wasn't aimed at you personally. Perhaps it would have been better understood if I had asked:
    ''Why [do you think] as a so called Christian, would [one] you be interested in mocking [ones] own religion?

No. But it's better than no religion (God based).

jan.

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Seriously?!? Don't let your beliefs blind you (or you'll have to change that avatar).

If you were truly a devote Christian, you'd know you can't save everyone, you can't tell them to do things that they don't want to do, doing so is actually directly against the very principles of your own religion (After all why do you think we have self-awareness and the rationale to make our own decisions in life? Is it not apart of our design thereby being some part of a grand design?). I guess you could perhaps treat such websites and threads like this as "trials" by your religions standards, how well do you think you've done? Do you think you've served your god well or trended towards hypocrisy as a false prophet?

9. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

see answer below

ok this is in error, it assumes that she believes exactly as you define religion to be, not as she believes , although odds are you are correct, as history has showed that she is more mainstream than I, but still to assume she believes as you would define it, instead of asking her for confirmation first, is in error.
    it is the same as saying "if God exist then he would <insert wish here>" .

most church goers are 'do as your told' they do not want to think for themselves, they are happy and content living with someone telling them what to do/believe, that way they feel they do not have to take responsibility for their actions(regardless of them having to be responsible for their actions) I have argued with Christians, same as I argue here, most end up getting offended and shutting me down, (big clue as to how much they understand, or how strong their faith is) but once in awhile I would end up with one that did know what he was talking about, their faith was 100 times stronger than the ones who get offended, I have learned much from them.

now when I see that 'do as you told' mentality, I get offended, (there is not much that offends me) their faith is not strong, if all it takes is some strategic questions for them to feel doubt about their faith, then they aint worth listening to.
    so I test them to see if they are worthy of listening to, if they default to 'because the bible says so' then they don't understand and nothing they say can help me understand.

and there is a difference between believing in God and believing in religion, the faithful (as described above) tend to be closer to God and have answers worthy of acceptance, the others are just religious drones.

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Yep that cracked me up, a homosexual and a pedophile! LOL

11. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Stryder,

Er...yeah!

Where did I express personal belief in the post you responded to?

Who said I am a devout Christian?
    Firstly, Kittamaru claims to be a Christian. So why is it holier than thou, or zealot behaviour to question him on his motives for posting a lying-ass thread, ridiculing his own professed religion? Is his religion, approximately 2000 years old, only responsible for the kind of idiocy he put forward? Your telling me there is nothing positive about it at all?

Why has this forum descended into Christian bashing and homosexuality? Is that what religion is nowadays? Isn't he supposed to be moderating it instead of adding to it (the bashing part)?

Stryder, Stryder, Stryder, WTF are you talking about?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It seems to me you're just insinuating I am a Christian, and I'm trying to save everybody on the forum. Please try and converse with me if you want to find out what I'm about. Don't rely on your memorised script because you'll definitely be mistaken.

jan.

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

NMSquirrel,

Is this a conversation to Stryder about me, or someone else? I'm not exactly sure.

jan.

13. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

"Why has this forum descended into homosexuality?"

Someone who says this is the 1 who has descended into something.

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

How so?

jan.

15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Jan,
    If you want to suggest that Kittamaru was being hypocritical or that the thread shouldn't of been posted in religion, then just click the report link, that's what it's there for. Otherwise it will diverge into... well you've seen.

To be honest though I get prissy about all religions, perhaps it's some personal belief that they are all here just to taunt me... who knows...

16. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

the first paragraph was about you, the rest not.
    but I tried to answer both questions with the same response. sorry if I confused it.