Spacetime is Infinite

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Reiku, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reiku Banned Banned

Time is also space.

It expands, probably, because when you stack all matter and energy to some finite point in the past, we have all matter stacked infinitely on top of each other. This is well known by phsyical theory.

But for something to be infinitely stacked on top of each other, that means that every bit of matter has a defined position and path, and that must violate the uncertainty principle, so the only thing left for matter to do, was to expand outwards.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

Oli i am not going to do this with you. I have explained you are wrong countless times now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Time = Space ??

You are dodging the question.

If I ask you whether or not trees grow as a function of time, do you say "time is space" ?
    It's not even an answer of any kind.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

Time is the fourth dimension of space. If a tree grows, it grown within a space, in a time also.

8. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Where did I mention anything to do with dark matter? I'm asking if there exists a 4+ dimensional compact space whose curvature is everywhere negative. Doesn't have to have anything to do with physics here, I'm asking a topological/differential geometry question. Because if such a shape exists, then it contradicts your claim immediately.
    No, due to relativity something can approach a finite speed, that of light.
    That's like a blind man saying to someone he thinks is blind "Don't worry, I've got 20/20 vision!"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Stop saying things like "This is well known by physical theory" when you mean to say "This is what I understand mainstream physical theory to be", because your post butchers the concepts you're trying to talk about.
    And how many times have we all shown you to be wrong. And yet you continue to post.
    Doesn't mean they are literally the same. If they were, there's be no change in the signs of the Minkowski diagonal metric in Cartesian coordinates. Ben and I have been over this with you many times, showing you to be wrong. And despite you telling Oli to shutup because you've shown him wrong, you continue doing the same, thus making you a hypocriste.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Just answer the question..

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

And as has been stated: your explanations are effectively worthless.
    You have NO supporting evidence.
    All you are going by is your interpretation, which has been shown, many times, to be faulty.

11. Reiku Banned Banned

Yes, they grow through time, as they do in space, for you cannot deal with one or another.

12. Reiku Banned Banned

I get it. You think the acceleration of the universe, and all conclusion brought about that the universe is Open, and that expansion is an infinite property, are all my interpretations.

Whatever.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

Alphanumeric, you like to call my intentions names. Is there anything i have said to be wrong, or not accepted by maintream (as i understand it?) If not, just nod your head at what i say, and stop bringing irrelevent topic to this board. It's been quite peaceful without your search and destroy attitude.

14. Reiku Banned Banned

''No, due to relativity something can approach a finite speed, that of light.''

As i understand it, the speed of light is the fastest speed a thing can move. Nothing really finite about it. Zero-speed would be finite.

''Where did I mention anything to do with dark matter? I'm asking if there exists a 4+ dimensional compact space whose curvature is everywhere negative.''

Not to my knowledge. I am not sure about the dimensions of the zero-point field, but i assume maybe if it has a 4-dimensional compact space, it would have a curvature that is negative in all area's of spacetime.

''That's like a blind man saying to someone he thinks is blind "Don't worry, I've got 20/20 vision!" ''

There's no such thing as 20/20 vision. I bet you didn't know that?

''Doesn't mean they are literally the same. If they were, there's be no change in the signs of the Minkowski diagonal metric in Cartesian coordinates. Ben and I have been over this with you many times, showing you to be wrong''

You're quite dangerous, for the truth, as hypocritical as you say i am. You do realize, that time is the fourth dimension of spacetime... that is all that is needed to know, and this is what is said in special relativity. I once even qouted Herman Minkowski saying this very fact. How much will it take? Do you think you are superior enough to say he is wrong?

15. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

An infinite speed would mean an infinite distance could be covered in a finite amount of time.
    That does not happen at light speed.

16. Reiku Banned Banned

''Gentlemen, the idea of space and time which i wish to develop before you grew from the soil of experimental physics...

... The provision of equations in which the special laws of relativity take on a new form in which the time coordinate plays exactly the same role as the three space coordinates.''

Herman Minkowski.

17. Reiku Banned Banned

True, that a photon experiences no time or even any distance in space. But from a second observer, it covers the most distance, in the least amount of time any object can make such a distance.

18. Reiku Banned Banned

But to say it isn't an infinite speed, would be to say that 0.9999999% of light speed, is rather an infinite speed, and that doesn't seem so infinite to me.

19. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I would say neither are infinite.

20. Reiku Banned Banned

What we are dealing with, is a photon which has an ultimate speed by the terminology of physics.

If we are dealing with a rest mass, then such a mass is approaching an infinite or ultimate speed limit, and if it did, it would gain more energy the universe contained, and therefore, an infinite mass.

21. Reiku Banned Banned

This assumes tachyons do not exist, which would then have a rightful place in a speed that would be infinite next to the speed of a photon.

22. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

You do realise there's a difference between 300,000km/s and infinite m/s? Do you even know what 'finite' means?
    Thanks for proving you don't know about zero point effects in quantum field theory, compact spaces or curvature.

Tell me, what's the curvature of a sphere?
    That's irrelevant to my point. Did you even get my point?
    I didn't say I was. But both Ben and I have explained to you that you fail to grasp his point.

If time and space are the same in space-time, why is the symmetry of space-time not SO(4)?

23. Reiku Banned Banned

''You do realise there's a difference between 300,000km/s and infinite m/s? Do you even know what 'finite' means?''

Do you know what an ultimate speed is, when considering a photon... relatively speaking, it has an infinite speed limit.

''Thanks for proving you don't know about zero point effects in quantum field theory, compact spaces or curvature.''

Oh please. You asked if there was anything with an infinite homogenously filling curvature of four dimensions existing as a negative energy. I am humouring you, by talking about zero-point field.

''That's irrelevant to my point. Did you even get my point?''

Obviously not. Throw me a bone, without being condescending, the only attitude you seem to take on.

''I didn't say I was. But both Ben and I have explained to you that you fail to grasp his point.''

i've not failed anything. Did you read the qoutation i gave, or are you going to ignore it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.