Sophies choice, an ethical dilemma

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Quantum Quack, Jul 20, 2004.

1. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

My point exactly.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Only remember this Quantum Quack, and I would like for everyone to hear me.
    Choosing a child for the soldier to kill is called MURDERER. The mother becomes not just an accomplice to murder, but a MURDER herself.

It is still futility, and therefore do not use "less self hate" as an excuse.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Truly Quantum Quack, save us the sob story. Boo hoo!

The love and respect for human life? You speak as if anyone has earned their right to live, or be on this earth! When anyone actually gets what they truly deserve then you can make such a case. Until then, humans are the very worst and therefore deserve the very worst. As fountainhead mentioned, you are basing this on picking the "lesser evil".

Don't delude yourself by saying you are "in control" of anything. That is called pride and that is what veils sight in the first place. Simply accept your fate, you have absolutely no control of the outcome whatsoever.

My Advice: Submit to the officers. They have authority over the family for good reason. Your confounding pride, as if the children or you deserved a better choice/situation, is bewildering. The children have no more merit to life than the officers. Simply be at peace and submit.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.