Something is going down...soon.

Fen

Registered Senior Member
Have you looked at the stock market? Terrorism? I used to think it's all going down in a hundred years maybe, now I wonder about next Christmas.

Nah no problem.

But then this is a day-traders dream. Tomorrow will be up and many will make some nice profits from the emotions of others.

If you are a long term investor than don't panic, stay with stocks that have solid fundamentals and ignore the panic-mongers.

If you are experienced at short selling then you should be quite wealthy by now.

Originally posted by Fen
Have you looked at the stock market? Terrorism? I used to think it's all going down in a hundred years maybe, now I wonder about next Christmas.

Stock market goes up on average 7% per year. I can go up 40% one year and down 30% next. If you are in for long term the time is on your side.

Also any given year, the probability of bonds out performing stocks is 40%. Diversification is the key.

Real estate is hot right now. I don't think there is a real estate bubble. If you have any money, think about buying land or put it in some kind of real estate fund.

This bear market is actually good the the long term health of the stock market in general. It teaches investors valuable lessons and exposes fraudulent accounting practices.

Low stock price is good the economy. High stock price is not.

Eventually the stock price will reflect the fundamentals of the economy. It will bounce back.

Back