Some logic for both sides...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lori_7, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Does a Zen master believe in Lori_7's god?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

than life is good

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

which one?

www.godchecker.com

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

inteligence huh?
    ok why for example,would god create men with nipples

how about all those other mistakes,

http://www.freewebs.com/oolon/SMOGGM.htm

8. Yorda Registered Senior Member

In reality, we are God, but being all-powerful got really boring after a while because we could instantly get everything we wanted and there was never any surprise because we knew everything. So we chose to forget our powers and take this thrilling experience called life. Sometimes we even choose to dream nightmares, because then the awakening (death) is even better: "Whew, it was all just a dream..."

9. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Mmmm...so what is the actual point of this forgetting?

I love where Sir Laurens Van Der Post, quotes one of the "people of the desert" (Bushman/San/Koi) as saying "There's a dream dreaming us, and we must get back to that dream, and the vision, the power, and the energies at the disposal of man's dreaming self will help us to win the battle."

As an aside he also said -

10. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

This is all fine and well, but in order to "abandon all ideas, conceptions and expectations", a person has to be either catatonic or enlightened.

11. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

I think so.

But does the Zen master believe worshipping Lori_7's god and making oneself dependable on Lori_7's god is the best option to choose in this Universe? I think not.

12. Myles Registered Senior Member

It has been presented that way and is so understood by all intelligent laymen, It's the ID crowd who either fail to understand or deliberately twist facts to mislead people like you.

Find me a single instance of a scientific paper on the subject that says otherwise !

What has become dogma and doctrine is the invention of some Christians who cannot handle the challenge to their beliefs

13. Myles Registered Senior Member

I have lain awake many a night and driven myself to distraction wondering whether Adam and Eve had navels.

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

intelligent design is the reluctance to use the word "God". so if people can't argue over creationism, they argue over semantics, which i'm pretty sure that's been shown in this thread. maybe if people would quit arguing, they would come together, and figure it all out. but people don't really want to figure it all out. all they really want, is to be right.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

And who made your God, why man of course!

16. Myles Registered Senior Member

People want to be right. Those who follow the scientific method hope to get as close as possible to whatever we can understand of the universe. They are aware that knowledge is provisional. If a theory can be shown to be wrong, they will drop or modify the old and go with the new. That is called progress.

Other people have a different approach. They find all their answers in a holy book which they claim is timeless and explains everything. They KNOW they are right. That is called stasis.

17. Saquist Banned Banned

Please stop lying.

18. Myles Registered Senior Member

I asked you to cite a scientific source which supports what you say, and the best you can do is to ask me to stop lying. What a convincing response. So how about that source ?

19. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

You gravely underestimate the importance of being right.

A person who has little or no interest in being right might as well give up on their life.

20. Saquist Banned Banned

Smithsonian Institution scientist Porter Kier is very dogmatic “they agree (scientist) that evolution is a fact and should be so labeled.” Not to mention Dawkins himself holds it as truth.

Apparently Kier and Dawkins don't fit under your mishappened classfication system.

21. draqon Banned Banned

who cares what others agree with and think of, the only thing that matters in this life is power. POWER to destroy and create.

22. Saquist Banned Banned

That's very dark, dragon.

23. draqon Banned Banned

the truth hurts.