Some atheists are just like religious fundamentalists

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Kellisness, Mar 10, 2011.

1. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

The use "preachy" is yet another word failure by Kellisness, again only betraying what Theists do in their straight out proclamations. Atheists provide actual information.

Theists unethically pronounce invisibles as theory, even fact, but all they are are notions. That is preaching, and it is dishonest, and they must do so so that the listeners will stay.

Nor can any Being be fundamental and first, anyway. They again halted at a 'word'.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Everybody is different. Wrapping stuff up in nice neat bows isn't going to enlighten anyone?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Though you did say "Some Atheists" so maybe my questions weight is a little off. . .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Of course, one could always fall back on hypocrisy...

8. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Kellishness doesn't debate or discuss, as has been shown in several threads, but can only make false generalizations and emotionalizations in lieu of having no specifics to counter with.

Anyone can see through this ploy, spotting it a mile off.

9. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

It's funny how when the words "preachy", "zealot" and "fundamentalist" crop up, so do dywydyr and sciwriter. Right on cue, too.

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

You mean because I directly quoted you? I used YOUR words and that somehow means something about me?
    Yes, strange that...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is a battle going on, and Christians are waging it. If we don't fight, we all lose. We lose the separation between church and state, and women lose the right to choice, to name two obvious front lines.

You cannot be more wrong. This is vitally important.

I know of only one former Christian who is now an atheist who might fit this description. But so what? All you are saying is that they once felt strongly about one thing, and now feel strongly about another. Wanting to influence the world is not inherently extreme. Democrats and Republicans do it on a daily basis.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Funny how passive aggressive you religious types can be.

13. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Yet another non answer.

14. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

The illuminati of today are not those of the past, for they have mutated, some even picking up on notions that others falsely ascribed to them. Back then they were but scientists. The church and its scripture is basically immutable, still according to the myths of old; that is, the idea of Jehovah told wiped out the numerous Gods of old and became the new—the one and only, too.

Religion may not be burning scientists at the stake anymore, but if one thinks they’ve released their reign over science, one must ask why half the schools in the U.S. Are not allowed to teach evolution, why the U.S. Christian coalition is the most influential lobby against scientific progress in the world…

As for the illuminati of old, the obliteration of Catholicism was their central covenant. The brotherhood held that the superstitious dogma spewed forth by the church was mankind’s greatest enemy. They feared that if religion continued to promote pious myth as absolute fact, scientific progress would halt, and mankind would be doomed to an ignorant future of senseless holy wars. And, I might add to the above, much like we see today.

So, Bush killed stem cell research and went to war against Iraq after consulting with a ‘Higher Father’; holy wars now being everywhere, as ever, since how could the other religions be so wrong!

Those trying to hold a monopoly on truth cannot help but to label the contrary as evil, and, thus, act accordingly. So, we do have to worry, still, when the church wants to be the sole interpreter of the ‘truth’.

15. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

Spidergoat, read what you've written. You've just said :

There's a battle going on
    [the other side] are waging it
    If we don't fight, we lose [and they win]
    Front lines
    Influencing the world

You sound ridiculous, it's like listening to Hitler. It's laughable, get over it, otherwise you'll spend the rest of your life being stressed. Most people don't give a flying fuck what views others have, they just get on with their own lives, and they don't see diversity as a battle or the world as a battleground. If a minority want to do battle with each other, good, let them kill each other. They have the choice of walking away and doing their own thing, as does everyone. You need to take a chill pill. And just so you know, I'm not religious. You are more religious than I'll ever be and you don't see it.

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

So are you going to answer the points raised or just carry on arm-waving, whining and preaching?
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2707157&postcount=24

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Christians are working every day to put creationism in our textbooks, erode the rights of women, and bend over for the corporate elite to pollute and wage class warfare on the poor and middle class. You can bury your head in the sand, but I will live in the reality-based world, thanks anyway.

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

he did. You evidently didn't:
    Where will your "diversity" be then?

19. gmilam Valued Senior Member

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm sure when the Allies started to attack Germany, Kellisness was like, "look at those Americans bombing stuff and killing people, they are no different from Nazis!".

21. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

Spoken like a true militant. Yeah, you go, little soldier! Don't forget to ask mummy to pack you off with a nice packed lunch for the great battle, and let me know how it goes.

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And still no rational response.
    Still a failure to add anything substantial.

What was it the OP said about resorting to ridicule?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Are you trying to make people angry so they fit your stereotype? I just think theism doesn't fit observed facts, call me crazy. I think the founding fathers were right in forming a secular nation, I think science is the best method yet discovered for finding out objective facts about the universe, and I think superstition has been responsible for some of the worst atrocities of mankind. Should I show you the video of people getting burned alive in Africa recently for witchcraft? And it wasn't any great bonfire, either, they started with a few sticks and shrubs. One man was fully conscious and forced to sit there while his legs were being slowly consumed by the intermittent flames. This is our future if we don't stand up for reason.