So... ...Did anybody catch the "Vlad & Tucker Show" ?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Killjoy, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

It's two hours of your life you'll never get back, and pretty surreal stuff.

Pooty must have taken an extra pep pill or two, 'cos he sure can rattle on !

Poor ol' Tucker seemed like he didn't quite know what questions to ask. You'd think a man would prepare a bit more for what was supposed to be an Earth-shattering interview chock full of revelations he felt he had a duty to deliver to the American public.

https://tuckercarlson.com/the-vladimir-putin-interview/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. geordief Valued Senior Member

Should have watched it but don't have the intestinal fortitude to watch either of those two characters for any longer than is absolutely necessary.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

There are stipulations that must be adhered to simply to acquire an interview. Journalists who are critics have been refused a cross-examination for years due to such. Even minus that, since Carlson also can't say, imply, and ask anything that would irritate Vlad's fan-base among the far-right in the West (who are also part of Tucker's own viewing audience), he was already a kind of inherent, select performer for the task.

Clarissa Ward, CNN’s chief international correspondent, remarked, adding that it was “clear from the very beginning” of the interview that Carlson did “not have control.”

[...] Putin’s own spokesperson, Dmitry Peskov, told reporters this week that Carlson was selected because he “has a position that is different from the rest” of Western media.
    _

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Tucker Carlson was not expecting a long history lesson---and was attempting to cut it short.
    and then
    He realized that Vladimir Vladimirovitch Putin was giving what he thought was appropriate background to current events.

And, yes, I watched the whole published thing.

Personally, I think that what we and nato are doing in Ukraine is criminal.

scorpius likes this.
  8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Do you think that what Russia is doing in Ukraine is criminal?

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Really? Which part of what we are 'doing' is criminal? I hope you respond, I am really curious to know.

10. CptBork Valued Senior Member

If you think that's bad, you should see what they're doing in Alaska.

11. sculptor Valued Senior Member

War is a criminal enterprise.
    The soldiers may be innocent but their leaders ain't.
    OK
    let me answer that with a question:
    If you give a weapon to someone you know is going to commit a murder with that weapon is going to kill someone
    are you legally or morally responsible for that death?

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

sculptor:
    Not according to international law.
    ??
    You're an accessory, or a co-conspirator, in that case. So, yes, you can be held legally responsible.
    ---

Anyhoo, you're saying that Russia's invasion of Ukraine is criminal. Is that correct?

13. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

Most people are brainwashed into hatin Reds,including Tucker. and ignorant to learn history of Rusia.
    Putin explained everything correctly,
    I used to hate Soviets when they took over parts of EU but then when Gorby fell for Reagans trap to open the border and instal so caled democracy it was end of CCCP.
    Rusia under Putin is diff story.
    Our sanctions on Rusia hurts US more then them bc they have China India and 150 friendly countries to trade sell goods to and life in Rusia is great they can get anything we can and at lower cost
    Dont believe me
    watch Traveling with Rusell or Expat american or Siberian freedom or 808 chanel or Eli from rusia
    In comparo
    See Nick Johnson chanel or Cash Jordan or America worst hoods to see what our msm never show

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It's a good thing you're not brainwashed. Then again, you're the guy who chose a MAGA hat for an avatar, so maybe that says something.

You know that Putin chose Tucker because Putin knew he could control the interview with Tucker, right?

I do agree that it is important to distinguish the Russian people from the Russian regime. Individual Russians are no more a group-think mind than are individual Americans. There are large differences in opinion among different individuals.
    Have you learned the history of Russia? Are there any important historical events you'd like to draw our attention to, in particular?
    Are you a Putin supporter?
    Trap? I thought you said you'd studied Russian history.
    Is Putin good for Russia, in your opinion? Is Putin good for the United States? The world?
    Where did you get that 150 number from?

And where did you get your information from about life in Russia being great? Did you check that that's true?
    Are those propaganda channels? What was it you said about brainwashing, again?
    It's a good thing free speech is allowed in America, or those channels might not be allowed (I assume). The situation in Russia is rather different. Are you aware?

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

Let me give you a different scenario.

You know a woman. Her boyfriend is abusing her. She fears for her life. You give her a gun to defend herself, knowing she may use it to do so. He comes over, threatens to kill her, and she shoots him dead.

Are you an accessory to murder?

16. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

How do You tell a diference between Truth and Lie ?

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

You compare it to reality.

For example, truths:

The Earth is a globe.
    Biden won the 2020 election.
    Vaccines work.
    The climate is warming due to our emission of AGW gases.
    A warmer climate results, on average, in more wildfires.
    Evolution produced modern day life on Earth, and continues to work.
    Some people are born intersex.
    Barack Obama was born in the US.

Some lies:

An insidious plot altered the outcome of the 2020 election.
    The Earth is flat.
    Vaccines don't work and in fact contain secret 5G trackers, and are killing thousands.
    Wildfires are started by secret Jewish space lasers.
    Climate change is a Chinese hoax.
    JFK Jr is alive and will run on the Trump ticket.

Science is a good tool to use here. For example, you can very easily run an experiment that proves that CO2 is a greenhouse gas. You can also run an experiment to see if CO2 levels are increasing year after year. You can orbit a satellite to see if more or less IR is being captured by the atmosphere. You can measure the average temperature from year to year. You can look at the carbon isotope ratio in atmospheric CO2 and see if the percentage of "old" carbon (i.e. carbon from buried fossil fuels) is increasing.

Then you get data that demonstrates the fundamentals of climate change - that the Earth is warming due to our AGW emissions.

FOX News would be a poor tool. FOX, for example, has argued in court that no one should trust what they say since it's clear that much of it is untrue. Specifically, the judge in the case agreed that "any reasonable viewer" should "arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism."

James R likes this.
  18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

scorpius:
    You signed up as a member of sciforums in 2005. You've had almost 20 years of access to this forum.

What have you learned in those 19 years, about how to tell the difference between truth and lies? Anything?

19. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I asked a question and you are going to make me guess your position by your question? OK.
    Based on your response it seems that you feel any violence towards another person is wrong. Even if you are attacked if you defend yourself that is morally wrong and a criminal act.
    I have to disagree with you, I don't think it is morally wrong to defend yourself or to help someone defend themselves from an attacker.

20. foghorn Valued Senior Member

To give some idea as to where Sculptor is coming from, since he seems to be keeping it a secret.
    Sculptor is saying Putin is not responsible for the decision he made to invade Ukraine, he's just a puppet of the west.

scorpius and sculptor like this.
  21. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

Youre disapointing me Jimbo,answerin question w question is losers strategy,,Lol
    no bigie tho,,To answer some qs while Im in the mood.
    Reagan promised Gorbachev not to expand NATO closer to their border and Gorby was dum NOT to get it in writing.
    US broke that promise,we also broke Minsk agreement,see Scott Ritter extra the former weapons inspector in Rusia at that time.
    We ie CIA deposed Ukrain prez and put zElinsky dictator in power who murdered many thousands rusian civilians robbed Ukrain and destroyed its economy.
    Its a typical CIA playbook,go into some country hire gangsters killers and overthrow the Gov and put psycho in power
    Then steal everything they have.
    Tried that in HK too but messin w China is suicidal.
    Story for another day.
    About that freedom,,did you know rusians can buy guns just like we do? However first you need to register at police to show youre not criminal,,then you go to doctors to get your head examined to see youre normal and not some psycho.
    Btw health care is free paid for by the Gov.
    Easy to do since Rusia is BIGEST country in the World and totaly Self Suficient In ALL natural resources.
    For example we buy tons of rusian Titanium without which our Aircraft manufactures would be Dead.
    One thing is ilegal in Rusia tho,,insulting police officers or military.
    Or tryin to overthrow the Gov.
    Or pushing the queer lgbt krp. Many rusian are religious includin the prez and they want normal man woman relationship family.
    Ive heard of a farmer here who got fed up with our schools promotin the gay sht so bad he sold his farm took wife and five kids and moved to Rusia,,Countryside acres is his chanel.

I think Rusia will remove Ukro regime and all will be peaceful.

22. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Do you have any evidence this is true?
    Sounds like a screwed up policy in a screwed up country.
    Good, I wish all the bigots could move to Russia where they would be welcomed.

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

. . . and today we have conservatives wishing they could go the utopia that is Russia, and hoping that Putin can overpower NATO.

Strange days indeed.