Sniffy is my hero.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mr. Hamtastic, Sep 24, 2008.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

geekzilla:

It is now come to my attention that you are in the perfect position to tell us all about the circumstances under which sniffy left the forum.

How about some honesty from you? Eh?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Hmm...
    Why would Geekzilla know, is he her sweetie or something? Then again, why would JamesR lie?
    If Sniffy left to protest unfair treatment, that would certainly be logical...
    Is Stryder considered to be a more impartial person here?
    Perhaps pulling in another moderator would help? or maybe not?
    Who knows what happens behind the scenes?

Will Marcia wake up from her coma?
    Will Brett marry sweet Elizabeth or that temptress Scarlett?

Did Colonel Mustard really do it with the lead pipe in the study?
    Tune in tomorrow for :The Days Of Our Lives, Sciforums version.
    Meanwhile, since root vegetables were mentioned, I want to know if JamesR will censor this carrot:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

I use Canadian peat moss, and very little now that the raised beds have been established. Based on the following, whether peat catches fire naturally or is harvested, there are impacts.

In 1997, it is estimated that peat and forest fires in Indonesia released between 0.81 and 2.57 Gt of carbon; equivalent to 13–40 percent of the amount released by global fossil fuel burning, and greater than the carbon uptake of the world's biosphere. These fires may be responsible for the acceleration in the increase in carbon dioxide levels since 1998.[22][23]
    If by greenfly you mean aphids, I have always found peppers to be especially attractive to them. Do you have ants in your garden? The ants actually carry aphids in to harvest their secretions. Ants are aphid herders, but I'm sure you likely know that, being a gardener.

Cabbages and broccoli do well, sprouts are grown by some and asparagus doesn't make our winters.

I grow mesclun mix and arugula (rocket) and we have a local supplier for potatoes, beets and cabbage who grows enough potatoes to supply the corporate stores most of the year.

We call these Deer Flies and they look like horseflies, only a smaller version. They are found closer to the waterways during late May through early June, though this year I encountered none, so they must also be put off by cool, damp weather, my guess.

I shall take the information regarding large elephants and geekzilla's foot size under advisement.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Hello Chimpkin,

I would think that carrots are above censure, for their form is determined by nature.

It is the subjective mind that applies labels of 'correctness', to carrots and to people.

To presume to judge a carrot for offensive form would be a bit 'over the top', IMO.

8. geekzilla Banned Banned

Oh ah, Jamesh such close scrutiny is making me feel uncomfortable.

The missionary in you is coming out JamesR.

Perfection is far too absolutist for geekzillas. Nonetheless I aspire to it as do most humans and for all we know the universe does too. I like to imagine those universal wheels slowly turning and just as perfection approaches, who knows maybe 14 billion years hence, the whole kit and kaboodle comes crashing in on itself.

Ah, "shit not again" says the blind goddess on her abacus. One, two, three...click, click, click

Isn't it self evidential, my dear Watson?

Never, ever drop your pants in the vicinity of a hamster.

Will that do?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

10. geekzilla Banned Banned

Tramples S.A.M repeatedly until she is quite flat.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

669966666669999996669999996669966669966669999666669966669966 669966666699999999699999999669966669966699669966669966669966 669966666669999999999999996669966669966996666996669966669966 669966666666699999999999966666699996666996666996669966669966 669966666666666999999996666666669966666996666996669966669966 669966666666666669999666666666669966666699669966669966669966 669966666666666666996666666666669966666669999666666999999666

<sexret massage>

12. geekzilla Banned Banned

Not all black and white to be sure but where would we be without our bogs? Sunk for sure.

If by aphids you mean greenfly then I have greenfly. I have ants in my garden but not in my pants. The peppers are on a windowsill. Garlic water sees them off but stinks the hovel up.

Doesn't it? Polytunnel them.

Ah mesclun. Fine for rabbits but leafs leave geekzillas rumbling.

Doesn't put them off in geekzilla land.

Thick skin, large feet and mutinous faeces are a terrifying combination!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  13. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Our shapes are also formed by nature, but certain bits of it, for some reason, are not to be looked at.

14. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Yes.......there is rather an irony in the product of nature (homo sapiens) presuming to determine what is 'natural'.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

geekzilla,

Ah, that's James Stewart, isn't it? Good film, too.

In my opinion, it is quite dishonest, and bad form besides, to pretend that you're investigating the demise of sniffy when you know full well the entire circumstances of her leaving, from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I would have hoped you'd operate on a somewhat higher level of ethics than this. Unfortunately, such doesn't appear to be the case - disappointing.

Anyway, I'm happy to leave this topic alone if you are. Let's move on, shall we?

16. Pinwheel Banned Banned

I fear this geekzilla will consume us all!!!!

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There is an interesting analogy to Rumpelstiltskin here, owing to the princess having used resources not available to the plebians and the elf's arguments succumbing to his loss of anonymity

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  18. geekzilla Banned Banned

I prefer this one:

That's the trouble with opinions isn't it? They sometimes land you in right the dung. Just as assumptions make for ass's.

I'm currently operating at your level but I can try to raise you up.

If you are so easily fooled by appearances you should not pretend to be involved in science.

Do I appear happy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yVJTg7BAKk&NR=1

19. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

This from the link posted by S.A.M., which is interesting enough to me that I think it should be posted in readable form, rather than just as a link. Your avatar suits you, S.A.M. and you dig up some very interesting things......

Interesting to examine WHY we have a different kind of power through anonymity, and why it should be lost through the revealing of our actual identity.

Has it been considered also, that because our species is fearful of the power that others have over us, that a person of power may seek anonymity in order to enjoy the relaxed reception of being just an average 'Joe', an escape from the burdens of power?

Anonymity serves a number of purposes, I would suggest.....

20. geekzilla Banned Banned

The 'ordinary members' of an internet forum do not have the power of annonymity. What they have is an illusion of one.

21. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Illusion can be a powerful thing, nonetheless.

I would suggest that forum members have anonymity amongst each other, unless they choose to reveal more about themselves.

22. geekzilla Banned Banned

Geekzilla is just trampling a path towards the truth. Not making any attempt to hide. What others do in response is up to them but I have some suggestions.

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

geekzilla,

My estimation of you just sank to a new low.

You pretend to be a neutral enquirer asking after sniffy, when all along you have inside information all about her. You dishonestly pretend that you're not fully informed of the circumstances in which she requested that she be banned, when you know very well all the circumstances directly.

And then when I catch you out in your lies you claim that I am operating on a low moral level compared to you?

Why don't you come clean and tell all the people here who you really are? Come on, let's start with a basic level of honesty from you.