Sms

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Mickmeister, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Has anyone here upgraded SMS 2003 to SCCM 2007? We are in the process of running analysis reports for the upgrade, as we have already purchased the license for SCCM. What experience did you have with the upgrade? Was it smooth? We are wanting to go to application virtualization and I realize that SCCM is a key to this. Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No. I have upgraded SMS to the garbage, along with my mobile phone of course.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

I think you are confusing SMS (System Management Server) with SMS (Short Message Service), which is associated with cell phones.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Oh lol.. sorry.
    I was already wondering..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

No worries. I get that quite often. The SMS I am talking about deploys software to hundreds of machines.

9. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I work for Verizon IT retail store support and we use SMS extensively. I think we're still on '03 though.

10. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

I like 2003, but from what I have read, the SCCM 2007 can easily facilitate application virtualization. Our main goal is to virtualize many of the applications so that when an update is needed, there is only one application to update. The virtual caches are then updated only with the bits that changed. Plus, I am still writing installation programs with SMS Installer 2.0, which, surprisingly, Microsoft never updated with 2003. I also see the virtualization being a huge plus in the area of application conflicts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.