Signs of the Last Hour

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Muslim, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

for your reference, the EVIDENCE HAS BEEN PROVIDED, SCROLL BACK SIR.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thersites Registered Senior Member

Just where in that interview does John Wheeler say the sun will rise in the west?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Flores Registered Senior Member

As a hydro-head, I can't help myself. Sea level may rise as a result of increased surface or ground water runoff. The rise of water surface elevations is a function of the hydraulic gradient, and since the oceans are huge and very flat, a large extra runoff would result in miniscule or no increase in the water surface elevation. Runoff is a function of many other variables including losses to evaporation, the runoff curve number that describes the land cover, the time of concentration, or the longest path for water travel, the contributing drainage area, ect...On top of all that, a huge meltdown may only happen in the event of dry conditions and heat, this makes the scenario of raised sea levels due to meltdowns a very small possibility.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Gee - Does Bill Gates get a mention too?.. Lol!

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I scrolled back, Proud_Muslim, but there was no evidence there.

Try again.

9. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

First James, WHERE IS MY THREAD ABOUT TURNING MUSLIM IN TEXAS ?? WHY YOU DELETED IT ???? IS IT TOO EMBARRASSING ????

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Are you for real James ? or are you fooling around ??? here is the answer:

Here it is again:

In its 2001 assessment of global warming, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) projected that global mean sea level is expected to rise between 9 and 88 centimetres by 2100, with a 'best estimate' of 50 centimetres.

Higher temperatures lead to higher sea levels

A warmer world will have a higher sea level because as the land and lower atmosphere of the world warm, heat is transferred into the oceans. When materials are heated they expand (thermal expansion). So the heat that is transferred causes sea water to expand, which then results in a rise in sea level.

In addition, water from land-based ice such as glaciers and ice sheets may enter the ocean, thus adding to the rise

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has been established by WMO and UNEP to assess scientific, technical and socio- economic information relevant for the understanding of climate change, its potential impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation. It is open to all Members of the UN and of WMO.

http://www.ipcc.ch/

ENJOY !

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Proud_Muslim:

I merged that thread with the other one of the same name which you started, to avoid unnecessary duplication. Nothing has been deleted.

I cannot see the words "NORTH POLE" in that text anywhere.

Here are the questions again:

1. Can you provide ONE source saying the sea level will rise if the ice at the NORTH POLE melts?
    2. Can you name ONE reputable space scientist who says the sun will rise in the west at some time in the future? (You will need to quote the source of the statement.)

11. Thersites Registered Senior Member

The ice at the North pole is not on land.

12. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

No he cant(at least not a serious source). Reason? The majority of the ice that people are worried about melting and raising sea levels in the world is at the SOUTH pole(sorry but he didnt seem to understand what you were getting at i thought i should point it out to him).

13. Thersites Registered Senior Member

This explains why Proud Muslim expects the sun to rise in the west: as far as he's concerned it's always risen in the west.

14. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

the sea level IS rising CURRENTLY very slowly due to the melting of ice in the polar regions. you should know James, stuff like this gets on the new every so often. scienitts say the melting is duen to a small increase in the earth temperature that could be becasue of global warming.

15. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

as for the sun rising in the west. it will suddenly happen and for one day only.

16. Ebony Registered Senior Member

The end comes whenever Humans destroy themselves. All the bombs are there, somebody has to use them.

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

actually the end comes when we are insane enough to use large and brightly coloured fonts in the deluded understanding that they will be read and inspire confidence in the author.

But,

These bombs and things like global warming etc pose a great challenge to the ingenuity and wisdom of humanity.

To have the power to destroy yourself is always present whether by suicide ( personal) or global suicide by bombing.

Successfully avoiding self extiguishment when it is so easy to do says a lot for the survival skills of humanity and can only strengthen our ability.

To strive for sanity.....is not easy.....

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Preacher X:

You are welcome to join the party and attempt to help Proud_Muslim answer the questions if you wish. Here they are again:

1. Can you provide ONE source saying the sea level will rise if the ice at the NORTH POLE melts?
    2. Can you name ONE reputable space scientist who says the sun will rise in the west at some time in the future? (You will need to quote the source of the statement.)

So far, you haven't answered either of these questions, and neither has PM.

Good luck.

19. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

why do you need a source for that. if i said that there are clouds in the sky would you want a source its obvious. now do you know who many trillions of cubic metres of water there are in the north pole. then add the south pole. if these melted it is pretty obvious that the worlds sea level will rise.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It may be obvious to you, Preacher X, but it is also wrong.

Try this experiment:

Get a glass and fill it to the brim with water. Now, put in an ice cube. When you do that, some water will initially overflow. Now, sit and watch your glass of water as the ice cube melts. Let me know if you see any more overflow as the ice melts. I say that the ice melting won't cause the water level to rise and overflow. The same is true for the North Pole sea ice.

Now, want to try again to find that evidence, or do you want to admit that you and Proud_Muslim were wrong?

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

PM
    As usual paranoia reigns supreme......melting the south pole may cause the seas to rise but maybe your fear of the north pole melting will heat the oceans up enough to turn them to vapour thus increasing cloud cover instead of raising sea levels.....your paranoir keeping any sanity from reaching this discussion.

Paranoia entrenched as religious end times or doomsday sooth.

End times may very well be beginning times......just that the books have it all backward.....

22. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

You guys are living in state of self denial, the evidence I provided was DAMMING, some posters suggested that the evidence was not serious enough !!!

(translation: does not suit their agenda !! )

23. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Really ??? are you one of those dumb americans who still believe the earth is flat ??

http://www.flat-earth.org/