Signs of the Last Hour

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Muslim, Apr 14, 2004.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ah. Ok then, PM, let's take a closer look.

In other words, the lecturer has no idea whether the last days are nearly here or not.

So general, it could be applied to almost anything.

Please name one building engineer who is also a shepherd.

Didn't you say Islam is the world's fastest-growing religion, PM? Surely that would mean that knowledge of Islam is growing, not shrinking.

There's no evidence that that is happening, except by the natural increase in the world's population.

We have a long way to go before things get to that stage, if they ever do.

That happened about 5 minutes after Mohammed lived.

No danger of that happening in the near future.

Again, only in proportion to the world's population increase.

This doesn't seem to be talking about perceptions, but about actual, measurable increases, which are not observed.

Surprise surprise. How many times has that happened throughout history?

There is no evidence that earthquakes in California, or anywhere else, have increased recently.

Probably happens to somebody every day. So what?

Fairly specific, which is good. No evidence that it has happened.

Gee, well not many people call their children Mohammed these days, do they?

Jesus doesn't seem to be around right now, as far as I can tell.

Fat chance of that happening in the near future.

Perhaps the writer didn't know that animals can't talk (yet).

Unlikely story, but seeing as Isa doesn't seem to be around yet, it isn't surprising this one isn't happening, is it?

Still waiting for that, too.

Possible, but not uncommon.

I would assign the chances of that a very low probability indeed. I guess the writers didn't know much about celestial mechanics.

Yeah yeah, God is great, blah blah blah. We've heard all this before.

Now, tell me what it is that you find convincing about this rubbish, Proud_Muslim. I am very interested to know.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Yeah.. this is rubbish.

NO MAN knows when. I can assure you of that with ALL full assurance.. not a scholar of scholars, not the most righteous of righteous men.... heck, not even Jesus knows. And you can quote me on that last part, till He comes of course

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

OMG please stop you are KILLING ME!!!

All this growing and shrinking is going to make it hard to find a decent outfit to wear on the last day that fits properly

Au contraire Jesus reborn THIS IS A FACT YOU CANNOT DENY IT!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Your Hypocrisy and ignorance busted.!!!! Not one Building Engineer but whole bunch of them :

"PHILLIP SHEPHERD ARCHITECTS, INC. provides comprehensive professional design services to a broad array of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design and planning. We have received national recognition for many of our design projects, where we specialize in mid-rise and high-rise apartments and condominiums, office buildings, retail centers, luxury hotels and financial institutions. Based in Dallas, Texas, our company was formed in 1992. Phillip Shepherd is registered in 5 states, and has completed projects in a broad geographical area, including Texas, California, Arizona, Louisiana, Florida, Melbourne Australia, Jeddah Saudi Arabia, and Beirut Lebanon. PHILLIP SHEPHERD ARCHITECTS, INC.’S expertise, diversity and strength of performance employs the team approach to projects…matching the client and project to each individual’s experience in planning, design and production."

http://www.jobs.net/pls/jobs/companyprofile?comid=Y0eNn

It is already proved that it is not rubbish!!!!

Next Question.

Are you also interested to know about jinns.??????

err..sorry for the interuption.. *switches off PM mode*

8. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

HOLY SHIT! P_M HAD SPOKEN THE TRUTH! THE SHEPHERDS ARE BECOMING ENGINEERS!!!

I Think I'd start praying again....

• Hail Holy Queen Mother of Mercy, Hail our life, our sweetness and our hope....SAVE US!!!

Our Father who art in heaven hollowed by thy name, they kingdom come thy will be done!

OM! OM! OM! OM!

Holy Buddha preserve our lives! Spare us from torment and give us everlasting life!

RA! RA! RA!

O Mighty Zeus Holy is thy name. nothing compares to thee as long as you save my ass.

LA LA LA LAH ALLAH! LA LA LA ALLAH!

9. Flores Registered Senior Member

Everneo, I must say, that was original...very funny

On a side note, shepards becoming engineers could be perhaps explained by the modern low enrollment rate in agriculture engineering school, which use to be the most popular school two centuries ago, and the high enrollment rate in civil engineering that we are observing this century. So may be potential shepards are converting to structural engineers.

10. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Arent you Vienna using another Nickname ?????

11. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

The author is inviting thought provoking discussion on these signs !!

''The slave will become the master." It is not General, it refers to specific race of people who were slaves and later will be masters ( perhaps the blacks, the whites are now in their way to extinct )

You are really so funny, you chose only one part of the sentence, here is the second part:

"Shepherds will compete in the construction of tall buildings." [The modern ex-nomads of Saudi Arabia are an excellent example of this.]

Do you read English ? here is the sentence again for you:

''Knowledge of Islam will be taken away while ignorance will increase''

Look at your and others ignorance of Islam !! very true prediction !

Are you for real ? 33,000 people die every year in the UK alone from drinking related diseases and drink driving.

Divorce rates and adultery is very common in the ''civilized enlightened'' western societies..these are FACTS.

I dont remember where I read it, but for every 100 boy that is born, 103 girls are born ! I dont have the proof with me now, but it is happening.

I dont understand what you mean !!!

But it will happen.

Not true, crime rates now are higher than 50 years ago , just ask your grandmother for some advice.

Time will be shortened so that a year will be like a month, a month like a day, a day like an hour." [This perception of the seemingly dwindling amount of time is very apparent, especially in First World countries.]

It seems to me about perceptions, very true...time passes so quickly here in the west, when I was in Syria, we did not feel like that, there, time passes so slowely, days are very long and nights are even longer.

May be this is refering to France and England !! but Allah knows best ( this is why the author said ALLAH KNOWS BEST ).

Earthquakes have increased recently:

Earthquakes of magnitude 6.5 or greater or ones that caused fatalities,
    injuries or substantial damage.

1980 there were 66 of the above.
    1981 there were 45 of the above.
    1982 there were 56 of the above. Notice few were bad with lives lost.
    1983 there were 71 of the above again with few serious enough to cause loss of lives.
    1984 there were 50 of the above but again some were major with magnitudes reaching 7 plus.
    1985 there were 67 of the above with a major quake of almost around 8 mag with At least 9,500 people were killed, about 30,000 were injured, more than 100,000 people were left homeless, and severe damage was caused in parts of Mexico City and in several states of central Mexico.
    1986 there were 60 of the above but with a few reaching 7 plus magnitude.
    1987 there were 71 of the above.
    1988 there were 56 of the above but with a few reaching the 7 plus mark again.
    1989 there were 58 of the above but with a few reaching the 7 mark or close again.

1990 there were 72 of the above with still many reaching 7 or close.
    1991 there were 62 of the above but with quite a few well into the 7 magnitudes.
    1992 there were 68 but says that October through December to be recomputed. Many 7.0 pluses.
    1993 there were record 83 so far and many were also late 6.0 to 7.0 plus magnitudes.
    1994 there were 75 but with more Notable North American Earthquakes than in the past.
    1995 there were 95 odd earthquakes, hard counting them all so might have been one or two out, but you’ll agree a record so far and many were well over the 7.0 plus magnitude.
    1996 there were 77 earthquakes of the 6 plus magnitude and in fact there were many 7.0 plus and an 8.1 as well IRIAN JAYA REGION, INDONESIA which killed at least 108 and injured 423 with over 5,000 homes destroyed and 58 people missing also.
    1997 there were a record 97 quakes of over 6.0 plus with one nearing the 8.0 mark.
    1998 there were 81 odd quakes with with odd few near or just in the 7.0 mark.
    1999 there were 83 quakes with quite a few reaching over the 7.0 plus towards 8 mark.

I will now calculate the averages for the 1980’s and then the 1990’s.

1980’s are 60 average a year there for at 600 in total.

1990’s are 79.3 average a year there for 793 odd quakes.

The increase therefore is obvious during the 1990’s the average quakes in the world of over 6.5 or greater were an increase on the 1980’s of 19 more each year.

In 2000 the number was 87 quakes that year and few late 7.0 pluses and odd 8.0 even.
    In 2001 there were only 72 quakes of over 6.5 magnitude but there was an over 8.0 plus that near the coast of Peru killed 74 people of which 26 were in the tsunami.
    In 2002 there were 85 quakes again of which some were well over the 7.0 mark.
    In 2003 there were 89 quakes my prediction of more and worse was correct, just..

In conclusion so far since 1980 anyway the increase in earthquakes has been significant.

http://www.earthquakenews.com/

http://www.4hurtingchristians.com/have_earthquakes_increased.html

It is an indication of the state of deperation the world has reached to, the rate of suicide nowadays is so high, never witnessed before in the history of mankind.

Al-Dajjal( anti christ ) will come, claiming to be God holding Heaven and Hell. His purpose is to deceive, and unbelievers will follow him. He is short, red-faced, blind in the right eye, and has hair which sticks up. He will go around the world, but will be unable to enter Madinah or Makkah." [There are numerous detailed ahadith on this man.]

Indeed, no evidence it has happened YET but it will happen.

Nearly every Muslim family on earth has the name Muhammad for one of their sons.

Jesus second coming is one of the MAJOR signs, the signs that will appear one after another in quick pase:

Here is one of the most beautiful Muslim sites ever established about the second coming of Jesus (Peace be upon him ):

http://www.jesuswillreturn.com

The People of the Book will revert to Islam, and wealth will be super-abundant.

Do you I need to post again these links about Islam being the fastest growing religion in the world ????

Oh really ????

TALKING BIRDS

Birds can learn to talk ... and to understand.
    by Irene M. Pepperberg, Ph.D., and Robyn J. Bright

http://www.alexfoundation.org/research/articles/birdsusa.html

Can animals talk? Sure. Can they understand? Maybe

http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/animaltalk.htm

Again, this is one of the MAJOR sings that is related to the coming of Jesus ( Pbuh ), when that will happen, I dont know, but I can tell you this about the people of Gog and Magog:

The prophet Muhammad (pbuh ) said in one of his hadiths:

The people of God and Magog are trying to dig a hole in the dam that is holding them every day, in the evening, their leader will say to them: Tomorrow we will continue ( without saying the word INSHA ALLAH ( ALLAH WILLING ) so the next morning they come and the hole they made the last day is blocked again ( the prophet told us to recite surat AL KAHF( chapter 18 of the Noble Quran every friday ) as reciting this chapter will increase the thickness of this dam:

http://www.ummah.net/what-is-islam/quran/noble/nobe018.htm

Until one day, their leader will remember to say, Tomorrow INSHA ALLAH we will continue and we will destroy the dam and they will.

Three places in the world will sink and be swallowed up by the earth. One in the west, one in the east, and one in the Saudi Arabian peninsula." [This may refer to a series of giant, epic earthquakes.]

Yes, already GLOBAL WARMING is threatning to drown many countries such as Holland and parts of England.

The ICE is melting in the Northern pole, so this prophecy is surely coming and maybe soon.

Fire will come from the area of Aden in Yemen, and sweep northwards." [There are claims that this already happened in some medevial event.'

I spoke with some Muslim Yemeni friends who told me that the area between Yemen and Saudi Arabia used to be filled with forests until a big major fire destroyed it !!! but the vegetation is coming back again, so maybe another fire will sweep throgh it !! Allah knows best.

Well Space Sceintists all agree that at one stage, the sun will raise from the west, I have to search for my evidence first ( I dont have it handy ).

LOL ! did you feel offended that unbelievers will be hit harder by it. Finally, a cold wind will come and kill all believers, leaving only unbelievers on the earth who will then witness the LAST HOUR !!!

I already proved to you ( the increase of erathquakes, the GLOBAL WARMING ) that these events will take place, it is up to you to be either a believer and die with the cold genetle wind or unbeliever to be hit hard and die horrible death !! the choice is yours to make !!

Dont be in a hurry, I dont think the major signs will come in our lifetime.

12. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Some of the buildings prove this.

13. Flores Registered Senior Member

What an absolute hog wash? You are giving James two choices that may very well never happen. First, the cold wind you describe (if it indeed happen, and I highly doubt it) will affect only the few people (One or two generations) that remain alive to witness the end times....Not everyone will die by cold wind or horrible death. Most people have already died or will die as everyone else dies and will not live to see the last hour....so what are you talking about generalizing and handing out death sentences to believers and unbelievers.....You are such a terrorist. Stop terrorizing people with false religion.

14. jinchilla Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

James R, I think there was some competition of sorts between Arab princes to display their wealth through elaborate buildings. If you generally consider Arabs as shepherds.

But, I'd like to point out Christians have been selling a similar fear (rapture) for generations.

15. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

What would worry me more would be if architects start becoming shepards in any numbers.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Did anyone mention the plague of locusts in Australia?
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/04/15/australia.locusts.reut/index.html

Apocalyptic prophecies are a pretty sure bet, considering how many times in the past the Earth suffered from major catastophies resulting in mass extinction. With nuclear weapons, WMD's, and human induced environmental damage, one can easily believe these are the end times. We just have to be careful we don't bring it about as a result of those same prophecies.

17. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

The pyramids of course why didnt we think of it, they were built by common people from all working backgrounds.
    Johnny rotten of course.
    Close, but im not sure Johnny rotten was blind in his right eye, and im not sure the sex pistols had a world tour.
    Wow thats already happening in most of europe, it must be true.
    Yep, fatalities in wars have been increasing throughout time.
    How convenient, its happening but i dont have the proof.
    And how do you account for the earth swallowing them up part? Earthquake in England perhaps?
    Point? If you word things well enough and have a small knowledge base you can predict things, tell you what i'll even have a go, there will be more than 50 earthquakes over 6.5, 2 large forest fires within the space of a month, 5 people will claim to be jesus/prophets, something significant will happen to do with our solar system, i could continue but i think i've proved my point, i made some predictions and im not even gonna specify a year so the odds are in my favour, I think its safe to say most people can do it.
    Although someones point about only god knows when doomsday is near works just as well....

18. atheroy Registered Senior Member

PM

In conclusion so far since 1980 anyway the increase in earthquakes has been significant.

Tectonic Plates moving means NOTHING!!!

Earthquakes are the result of convection currents below the earths crust moving tectonic plates. When the stress is enough to over come the friction the plate moves suddenly and you get an EARTHQUAKE. You think there is a reason your beliefs so closely resemble the idea of satan rising from hell from underneath us? From inside the earth? Your beliefs are so dated and ridiculous it makes me want to scream

[deleted]

There. I did. And I feel better.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2004
  19. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

It is not my fault you are so dumb that you dont know even what an earthquake is, let me educate you, you are so confused:

Definitions of earthquake from the Web:

shaking and vibration at the surface of the earth resulting from underground movement along a fault plane of from volcanic activity
    www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

a disturbance that is extremely disruptive; "selling the company caused an earthquake among the employees"
    www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

A sudden, transient motion or trembling of the earth's crust, resulting from the waves in the earth caused by faulting of the rocks or by volcanic activity.
    www.weather.com/glossary/e.html

A shaking of the earth caused by a sudden movement of rock beneath the Earth's surface. An earthquake occurs on a fault, which is a thin layer of crushed rock between two blocks of rock. A fault can range in length from a few centimeters to thousands of miles. The San Andreas fault in California is 650 miles long and ten miles deep in places. Stresses in the earth's outer layer push the sides of the fault together. Stress builds up and the rocks slip suddenly, releasing energy in waves that travel through the rock to cause the shaking that we feel during an earthquake. The National Earthquake Information Center locates about 12,000 to 14,000 earthquakes annually. That's about 35 a day. Based on long term historical records, about 18 major earthquakes (7.0 - 7.9 on the Richter scale) and one great earthquake (8.0 or above) are expected in any given year. FEMA Earthquakes Backgrounder Earthquake Engineering Research Institute

www.disasterrelief.org/Library/Dictionary/

Shaking of the earth caused by a sudden movement of rock beneath its surface.
    dax.geo.arizona.edu/saso/Education/Qanda/glossary.html

a sudden movement of the earth's crust caused by the release of stress accumulated along geologic faults or by volcanic activity - BACK>>
    natural-history.uoregon.edu/Pages/web/glossary.htm

Is a sudden motion or trembling in the Earth. The motion is caused by the quick release of slowly accumulated energy in the form of seismic waves. Most earthquakes are produced along faults, tectonic plate boundaries, or along the mid-oceanic ridges.
    www.geog.ouc.bc.ca/physgeog/physgeoglos/e.html

A shaking of the ground caused by a sudden release of energy that is stored in the rocks beneath the surface of the earth
    www.colorado.edu/geography/virtdept/module/GSL/gslglossary.html

Sudden motion in Earth caused by abrupt release of slowly accumulated strain.
    interactive2.usgs.gov/glossary/index.asp

The shaking of the ground caused by an abrupt shift of rock along a fault. Within seconds, an earthquake releases stress that has slowly accumulated within the rock, sometimes over hundreds of years.
    www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/hazard/stratoguide/glossary.html

Ground shaking and radiated seismic energy caused most commonly by sudden slip on a fault, volcanic or magmatic activity, or other sudden stress changes in the Earth. An earthquake of magnitude 8 or larger is termed a great earthquake. Earthquake hazard. Any physical phenomenon associated with an earthquake that may produce adverse effects on human activities. This includes surface faulting, ground shaking, landslides, liquefaction, tectonic deformation, tsunami, and seiche and their effects on land use, manmade structures, and socioeconomic systems. A commonly used restricted definition of earthquake hazard is the probability of occurrence of a specified level of ground shaking in a specified period of time. Earthquake risk. The expected (or probable) life loss, injury, or building damage that will happen, given the probability that some earthquake hazard occurs. Earthquake risk and earthquake hazard are occasionally used interchangeably.
    mbmgquake.mtech.edu/seismic_glossery.html

A sudden motion or trembling in the Earth caused by the abrupt release of slowly accumulated strain (by faulting or by volcanic activity).
    www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/sea/pubs/93-30/glossary.html

A movement within the Earth's crust or mantle, caused by the sudden rupture or repositioning of underground rocks as they release stress.
    college.hmco.com/geology/resources/geologylink/glossary/e.html

The sudden motion or trembling of the ground produced by abrupt displacement of rock masses, usually within the upper 10 to 20 miles of the earth's surface (FEMA definition).
    www.ben.edu/semp/htmlpages/glossarye1.html

Sudden break within the upper layers of the earth, sometimes breaking the surface, resulting in the vibration of the ground, which where strong enough will cause the collapse of buildings and destruction of life and property.
    www.cred.be/emdat/glossary.htm

A naturally occurring shaking motion of the Earth's surface. Earthquakes are caused when stress, building up within rocks of the Earth's crust, is released in a sudden jolt.
    www.em.gov.bc.ca/Mining/Geolsurv/Surficial/quake/eqgloss.htm

Sudden motion in Earth caused by abrupt release of slowly accumulated strain. Shaking of the Earth caused by a sudden movement of rock beneath its surface.

www.geocities.com/seiswash/terms_and_definitions.htm

a shaking or trembling of the ground that is volcanic or tectonic in origin
    whyfiles.larc.nasa.gov/text/kids/Problem_Board/problems/quake/glossary.html

Movement of the rocks caused by release of stresses built up within the crust.
    www.go4uni.ac.uk/tasters/jigsaw/gloss.htm

n. a shaking of crustal plates felt on the earth's surface, created by elastic waves moving through the crust, resulting from frictional along active faults.
    www.nps.gov/brca/Geodetect/index pages & glossary & chest/glossary/Glossary.htm

Shaking of the Earth caused by a sudden movement of rock beneath its surface.
    home.earthlink.net/~louisecawthon/quakewebsite/glossaryquake.html

A type of earth movement that occurs when plates or faults within the earth move. Homeowners policies specifically define earth movement and earthquake, and the definition may vary from one carrier's policy to another. Earth movement is excluded on unendorsed homeowners policies.
    www.nationalunderwriter.com/educationservices/HomeOwners_Demo/HO_Glossary/GlossaryFS2.html

A series of elastic waves propagated in Earth, initiated where stress along a fault exceeds the elastic limit of the rock so that sudden movement occurs along the fault.
    imnh.isu.edu/digitalatlas/glossary/letter.asp

violent tremor of the earth’s crust which originates naturally and below the surface.
    www.unesco.org/csi/pub/papers/glimpse11.htm

a shaking or trembling of the crust of the earth, caused by underground volcanic forces or by breaking and shifting of rock beneath the surface
    library.thinkquest.org/21988/dictionary.htm

A series of elastic waves in the crust of the Earth caused by abrupt movement easing strains built up along geologic faults or by volcanic action and resulting in movement of the Earth's surface.
    www.ymp.gov/documents/feis_2/glossary.htm

Rare phenomenon involving movements of the earth's crust that may be violent enough to cause damage to property or dwellings.
    www.whitleyfinancial.com/en/glossary

ENJOY DUDE !!!

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Proud_Muslim:

Where does it say it is not general? As I said, it could apply to anything.

The part in square brackets is the author's interpretation. I liked everneo's explanation better, and it fits equally as well. This whole thing is so vague it's useless.

How could my knowledge of Islam be "taken away", if I never had it in the first place?

And your evidence that this is a statistically significant increase once you take the increase in population into account is...?

Adultery is common everywhere. So what?

I accept that. But we have a <b>very</b> long way to get to a 50 to 1 ratio, given that we currently have a 1.03 to 1 ratio, according to your figures, don't we?

I mean that there have always been plenty of prophets around, both before and after Mohammed. If somebody predicts a prophet will come along, should I be surprised? Of course not. They are a dime a dozen.

No they aren't. We can argue this if you want to, but given your previously-established poor grasp of statistics, I wouldn't advise it.

You missed the point again. The part in square brackets is an author's interpretation. Of course, you're quite happy to go along with that, because it suits your own prejudices. What I have told you is that the author's interpretation is unjustified.

Wrong again:

I challenge you to find reliable statistics on that.

Yes, and pigs will fly through the air carrying vacuum cleaners adorned with bright yellow flowers, too. It hasn't happened yet, but it WILL happen!

Exactly. (Can you spell "irony"?)

No. I've already dealt with that misleading information. Besides, even if it were true, there would be no evidence that the growth is due to conversions of Jews and Christians.

Ice melting at the North pole will not change the sea level at all.
    And do you disagree with the author's prediction of earthquakes here? I'm sure you don't, because that would mean thinking for yourself.

Fire destroys areas of the Australian bush every year. Fires are common. Predictions of fire are no amazing thing. If I predict a fire will happen in Yemen (or anywhere else), it won't be long before it happens.

It's strange that you never have evidence handy for anything in my particular areas of expertise, isn't it? Let me tell you from a position of some knowledge that space scientists <b>do not</b> all agree that the sun will ever rise in the west at any stage in the Earth's existence. In fact, I challenge you to find even one reputable space scientist who says that will ever happen.

In fact, if you can show that this one will happen, I'll convert to Islam on the spot, and believe everything you say from then onwards.

Well, I needn't worry, because it won't happen any time soon, will it?

If you'd given me any reason to believe what you say is true, then perhaps I would become a "believer". Sadly, you haven't, so I guess it's the horrible death option for me.

Backing off a little, aren't you? I thought you said the LAST HOUR was close at hand.

When will it be, then? 100 years from now? 1000? 1 million?

21. atheroy Registered Senior Member

PM

You are a retard. All of those descriptions are basically saying what I said but in less detail. Pat yourself on the back for making yourself look like a fool. I didn't even need to do it for you.

The main point I was trying to make was that earthquakes have no meaning; they just occur. They in absolutely no way have anything to do with the last days of earth in any religious belief.

22. Paula Registered Senior Member

PM
    Christianity also has an end times prophecy which involves Gog and Magog but they are nations following Satan. This only occurs after the anti-Christ comes and tries to pass himself off as Christ, is captured by an angel and thrown into a prison for a thousand years during which time the Earth will know peace. When Satan escapes he enlists the nations Gog and Magog to fight the people of Earth. This is when Jesus returns to save the Earth.

I am undecided as to how much of this may refer to the symbolic destruction of our own world, or the spread of atheism or what have you, (I accept the Bible's larger message but I do not take most of it's stories literally) but it indicates to me that Islam is just a re-packaged version of Christianity.

In any event, the anti-Christ has to come and be imprisoned for a thousand years before the final judgment so since no one is actually going to live the entire thousand years it really is difficult to say when these things will begin, have they already begun and where are we with them?

23. atheroy Registered Senior Member

You think atheism is destructive? As well, who would believe in that clap trap? All christians apparently. I'm sorry for being a dick but it all sounds way too much like a really, really bad movie or fairy tale or video game.