Sick story of animal cruelty...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Bells, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

You must be joking.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I stepped on my dog's tail once, should I die for that?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. q0101 Registered Senior Member

Animal cruelty laws are ridiculous. I think people should have the right to do whatever they want to do with their animals. Torture them, kill them, eat them, fuck them. I really don’t care. However, I do believe that some dog owners should be fined or imprisoned if their dog attacks or kills a human. The prosecutors would have to make the judge or jury believe that the dog’s aggressive behavior is the result of experiencing years of physical and mental abuse at the hands of the owner.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mountainhare Banned Banned

Bell's:

You're not alone. The cruelty which has been inflicted on this dog really upsets me as well. It boggles the mind to think how anyone could do this to a small puppy.

lamerpold:
    you are aware that dog fighting is illegal in Australia? So that's not a valid excuse for cutting a dogs ears off.

can you support this conjecture with evidence?

What are you, some sort of idiot? Do you think the guy next door, with no medical degree, should be able to excise cancer with out even providing general anaesthetic to his patient?

Perhaps you support that African father who cut off his daughters clitoris with a pair of scissors, without anaesthetic.

8. Bells Staff Member

The dog was an American Staffordshire Terrier and the bastard who mutilated him did it so that it would look tough.

Dog fighting and mutilating animals in such a fashion are illegal in Australia. It would not have mattered if it were a pit bull or other 'fighting' breed of dog. It is inhumane and down right cruel and sick. Hence why it is illegal.

Not in Australia.

The practice has been outlawed. As the legislation states, only a vet can dock a tail and only if it is in the dog's interest or health to do so. Cosmetic purposes do not qualify as being in the dog's best interest. And if you visit dog shows in Australia, more and more of these dogs are being shown in their natural and normal state, as in with ears and tail fully intact. I guess breeders here are starting to move on from the disgusting and horrendous notion of slicing into dogs ears and tails so they look a certain way.

:bugeye:

Are you being deliberately facetious?

Even if the dog's ears had been cancerous, it is still animal cruelty to hack into it with a pair of scissors in the back yard without any form of pain relief or anaesthetic. If your dog has a cancer somewhere, would you take to it with a knife or pair of scissors or would you take it to a vet?

And the dog's ears had not been cancerous. The peon who owned him had decided that this little puppy needed to look tough.

Why in the hell would I want to buy a doberman that had been "trimmed", furthering the stupid notion that the dogs don't look perfect as they are with their tails and ears intact? Oh and to remind you again, mutilating animals in such a fashion for cosmetic purposes is illegal in Australia. One is more likely to get more for a doberman with ears and tails intact than to get one that has been "trimmed" because the practice is so frowned upon in this country.

9. Roman Banned Banned

You guys ever hear of the 'bloody eagle'?

It's where you crack the dog open, along its back (make sure you tie it down good!), then lift its lungs out. The lungs wriggle and flap about, much like an eagle, as the creature struggles for breath.

10. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

The question is, do you have the gall to such a disgusting thing rather than just talk about it?

It's as stupid as a dead baby joke.

11. Roman Banned Banned

Yeah.
    Do you?

12. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

No, not unless I were at gunpoint.

I don't torture things for fun. That is psychopathic behaviour.

13. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Now if this was some sort of animal that wasn't quite as cute and cuddly would you be as outraged.

hell, would it even make the news.

Believe me I am not advocating this. I have a puppy myself and can't imagine why someone would do anythign close to this.

Just for the sake or arguement, lets say it was an anteater. Long nose, weird tounge. Not really cute. Would you be as appalled?

14. Bells Staff Member

Yes. Why?

There is no excuse for cruelty and the mutilation of animals.

15. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

I just get a tad bit irritated when animal rights people get appalled over puppy and kitty and bunny cruelty.

but they turn a blind eye to they hell cows go through during the slaughter process in order to make meat or pigs. Elephants are the most overlooked ones. the get poached for ivory but Elephants are highly intelligent and can feel sadness over the loss of a parent or child.

But on PETA posters and the like, you never see elephants, cows, pigs, or any other animal. It's always the cute ones because they get more attention

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

he failed.
    dog (or ANY animal) fighting is illegal here too.
    i assume that docking is legal, don't know though.
    i'll agree the picture you posted WAS over the top.
    to each his own i guess.
    i'm not into show dogs anyway.
    just give me my heins 57 flop-eared mutt and i'll be happy.
    no, it's called withholding judgement till i have all the facts.
    maybe. i can see you ain't no farm girl.
    would you do an emergency trach?
    like i said he failed.

like i said, i'm not into show dogs so i don't know.

but i can say this, i've ringed my fair share of pigs.

17. Bells Staff Member

No I am not. My husband however spent the better part of his childhood on a farm and even he was appalled. As was my father, who also grew up on a small farm.

On my pet? No, because I would not know where to cut. On a human? Have done so in the past yes. On my father actually a long long time ago. I recall my mother fainted and thankfully I actually did it correctly but at that time, nothing else could have been done and I had a paramedic talking to me the whole time on the phone.

However such acts are done in emergencies and would be considered as being essential to the animal's survival. This is no where near the same as a life saving trach. I doubt anyone could argue that hacking away at a puppies ears was somehow lifesaving at that particular instant. Even if the ears had been cancerous, there are vets who can do the procedure and provide the dog with pain relief. This guy however decided to cut the dog's ears off for cosmetic purposes and for dog fighting.

Here is another story of animal cruelty and human cruelty..

What is wrong with people?

How sick can some people actually be? What kind of pleasure can someone get out of maiming or torturing and then killing an animal?

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

fuck if i know. reminds me of an elephant joke , but i regress.

19. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

There is difference.

Most people derive pleasure from eating the animal, and getting strong from its meat. Not from the cruelty that is done to it.

If I had the choice, I would certainly hunt the animal myself or buy meat that was pasture raised and slaughtered humanely... but even 'organic' isn't a high standard.

Didn't this guy have other options available? Why did he choose the most cruel one?

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Why? Please explain why people ought to have that right, in your view.

And do you think the same should apply to their children, for example?

21. q0101 Registered Senior Member

We had this discussion before in the ethics section. I don’t care about the suffering of other life forms on this planet, because it usually does not affect me in a negative way. I already described one of the few scenarios in which animal cruelty could affect a person in negative way. (An abused dog attacking a person) I guess that I just have the instincts of a carnivore. You’re a vegetarian and I’m an omnivore. A cute animal face just doesn’t invoke the same emotional reaction in me as it does in you. I am not incapable of caring about the suffering of domesticated animals, but I choose not to. I’m the kind of guy that would treat his own animals with exceptional care, but I would also walk into a Chinese or Korean restaurant and order some roasted dog or cat.

I’ll repeat my universal rule for you again. “Do onto other life forms as would like them to do onto you, unless they have little or no chance of harming you.” I don’t have the same ethical and moral beliefs that most people have. I don’t believe that there is any difference between torture and murder of domesticated puppy, and the torture and murder of a fly or worm. We are all carbon based life forms, and things live and die every second.

22. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

That's a bit coincidental don't u think?! How many people in the world have performed amateur trachaectomy and yet leopold asks that of (probably) the one person on Sciforums who has!

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

q0101:

Yes, you already admitted you only care about yourself.

No. You have the instincts of a sociopath.

My advocacy of vegetarianism isn't on the grounds of "cuteness".

Or, more accurately:

"Do what you like, as long as it makes you happy and you can get away with it."

You've avoided my question twice now.

Do you think there's any difference between the torture and murder of a puppy compared to the torture and murder of a human child?