Should we use data of Nazi's human experiences?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Syzygys, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm, what if some other groups felt the same way about using rats and mice and other animals in scientific research? Would you just tell THOSE people to fuck off ....and allow the research to continue?

I know it's an odd concept to grasp, but other people feel differently about things than you do. So how can you hold to your own ideals and ethics, yet tell others to fuck off when they present theirs?

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes. It's my opinion. I'm not a dictator, such matters should be subject to the will of the nation, perhaps people should vote on it.
    You can't please everyone. I would consider their appeals, but rats and mice are not people. I admit my view is biased toward people. I eat animals, so considering their rights is not a priority, although I am against any cruel treatment of them, and inflicting excessive pain upon them should be avoided.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

As Anonymous has already said, the issue is moot.
    A done deal.

Anyway.
    Did you know that the nazis also performed the Forbidden Experiment? That is, they raised children in sterile environments away from most social stimulation?
    Unfortunately, they didn't mean to. That is, they thought they were actually raising a race of ubermen, not vegetables.
    And, they didn't go all the way.

Now, if they had performed the experiment of raising wild humans, then that data would be immensely valuable today.
    More than most could possibly conceive.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

So you'll refuse a heart transplant and/or a skin graft?
    Really?

Interesting.
    So you think that it's ok for people to volunteer for suicidal research? And that the researchers would be moral in conducting experimentation on these volunteers? Research such as germ warfare? Amputation? Vivisection? Sewing twins together back to back?

As to money.
    Mengele didn't receive royalties for how his research was used to further medical practice.

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

if the data that makes it possible came from manges unethical experimentation of the unknowing innocent, yes i would.
    if they knew what they was doing, yes.
    yes.
    even you yourself gives mangles credit, not even mentioning the victims.
    possibly because you have no idea who the victim was.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  9. leopold Valued Senior Member

have any links to this research?

10. Roman Banned Banned

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

although it's interesting it doesn't say or have anything about german research.

12. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Mr. Anonymous:

All the more reason to fight back. It ought to have been known that the only way out was death at this point. What is life then worth?

Again: Tis "better to fight on our feet than live on our knees".

Kill your own women and children if need be. Better that they die by your hand than be left to the Nazis.

I respect every Jew who was shot in combat with the Nazis.

I would kill her myself if need be.

A person who has no foresight as to see the obvious? What did they think when they were boarding trains?

Was it not the Jew's greatest king, Solomon, who said: There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven...a time to die...a time to kill?

There are times when pain must be accepted. So be it.

The result of endemic cowardice. This is what happens when you don't fight back. They could have died as heroes and martyrs. Instead, they chose to die worse than the pigs they refuse to eat.

If there is a Hell, it is filled with every Jew who didn't fight against what they knew to be monsterous evil committed against them.

Spidergoat:

The armed resistances you mentioned are very inspiring. Those were some damn heroic Jews.

13. Prince James.

You're obviously a very brave man when it comes to other peoples lives, James. Saddest thing of all though, is that I'm perfectly prepared to actually believe you.

14. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

While that is debatable, I myself have always wondered why there was apparently so little mass resistance to what was going on?

Maybe a good argument for having an armed population that can resist the government...

15. You're basically well fed and live in a society which recognises your fundamental right to be considered human - why would you understand it?

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It's pretty easy to say things like that in hindsight. But please remember that the Jews didn't really know all that awaited them at the hands of the Nazis. It's difficult for even the bravest of us to choose death, when we still have hope for the future.

Rumors, guesses, fearfull murmurings, etc is NOT proof of anything ...and certainly not enough to choose to fight with armed guards all around you.

Many, if not most, of the Jews in the early days, at least, didn't really know what was going to happen to them. Again, Prince James, you're using hindsight to your advantage ....the German Jews didn't have that advantage.

Prince James, I have to agree with your basic sentiments, but I think you're not being all that fair to the Jews. They didn't know all that you know now, they only had vague ideas at best, rumors and such as sources of info. Please try to understand that.

Baron Max

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Who was left to tell their story?

18. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I don't expect to. I just wonder how the rest of us would react under similar circumstances. It's likely a largely cultural thing too. I imagine whole societies can be beaten down mentally to the point where resistance is a distant thought.

19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

What are you suggesting?

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

As I said, the Forbidden Experiment carried out by the Germans was more accidental than intentional. And it didn't go all the way. More's the pity.

I forget the name of the program...
    Shit.
    I've tried to scan my memory banks as well as google past conversations, but I can't dig up the name of the program.

I know someone who might remember. I'll get back to you after hearing back.

It was, in a nutshell, a program where the Nazis raised orphans in an environment which they thought would create the uber race. The children were not given love and affection. Competition was their daily fare. Raised by the SS.
    But, I can't remember the stinking name!!!!

Argh.

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

22. You'd die still not believing it was actually happening. That's actually how everyone goes in the end.

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Guantanamo?
    What?
    Oh, nice place. The terrorists have spacious accomodations and are treated quite nicely.
    Really.
    Uncle George assures us. And der fuhrer would never lie. The reichstagg really was burned down by those awful jews!!

(Yes. Yes. Hyperbole. Sue me. Still, a disgusting travesty and making inroads.)