Should we get more Moderators?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 19, 2004.

?

Should we get more Moderators?

1. Yes, we need at lest 1 dedicated moderator for each sub-forum.

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Yes, we need more moderators for specific sub-forums.

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  3. No.

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No, we need less!

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jinchilla Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

Maybe the mod should not visit/post in the sub they mod unless dictated by duty, maybe....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

People this is not a nomination thread this is just to see if the people want more mods, not who.

jinchilla,

Maybe you mean the mods don't often moderate sub-forums that they are assigned to, or in fact many mods are limited and can only mod sub-forums they are assigned to.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I think he was suggesting Mod's not posting content within the forums so as not to create a biased opinion, belief or understanding of a subject.

however in certain respects the reason for a Mod being a mod, should be the ability to refrain from personal views clouding their judgement over how someones post is handled.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

That’s absurd! A mod can post as long as they remain objective and fair, if they have the be bias on a subject likely to end in flames then they should not speak up until is closing time.

8. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Didja' notice that I don't post in WE&P at all anymore? Just asking for a debate leads to flame because it turns into "Why are you mod," or "You're so stupid," and it can just be really annoying.

-- The Grand Dragon Gizzard

9. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

I nominate myself for the Pseudoscience and/or Parasychology boards.

10. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Do you read?

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

CounslerCoffee,

Just tell them to shut up or you will smack them up side the head

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No seriously I will consider what you said then.

12. Zarkov Banned Banned

There should be moderators to moderate the moderators, IMO

13. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

... way too complicated.

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Zarkov - yes, but who will moderate the moderators moderating the moderators? And who will moderate them? Ad infinitum. Maybe you are thinking of a sort of "checks and balances" system we have set up in the US.

15. Zarkov Banned Banned

IMO, the only fair moderator is an "intelligent" computer..... does not exist at the moment, but this is the only way to get any reasonable input treated in an unbiased manner. ( a true scientist would suffice, but these real humans are very rare )

If world government was mandated this way, we could remove war from all agendas.

At present in this forum, as in all others, certain people rule the roost, and they have a vested interest to maintain this position (usually by foul means, which they are allowed to do with impunity)
    They are the arbitrators of right and wrong thoughts... in this SCIENCE forum, they know more...... HA HA HA, what a joke this whole charade is.

Open discussion is stifled, oh it is 'off topic' is the moderator excuse..... failing to understand that nothing in reality really has a topic... all science (the study of reality) is an integrated whole and by starting in one corner one should be able to examine the weave as the threads are pulled.

Ex-spurts are the bain of science... peer review... suppresses free thinking, and even though a poster may not have his thoughts 100% clear, even 1% clear leads to discussion which will soon clear up some problems, leading to maybe 5% clear. This unfolding is the process of science IMO. And we all have this unique opportunity through this media, to communicate around the world, if we are freely allowed.

This forum is treated as an encyclopedia... it is all written... "stick to the page and NO, we are not interested in your minds understanding", is a well voiced mantra here and there.

But HO HUM, understandings come from minds FREELY bouncing off each other......

Sorry, all I can see in places like this is EGO.... these are not places of science.

I recommend all posters voice their opposition to control by "know betters",
    ( I do not approve of agressive or rude or demeaning behaviour... just censurship of rational thought )

16. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I volunteer for wherever needed...I have lost twice already and my scorecard is feeling empty now...it needs 3 failures to be happy again.

17. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Don't be so optimistic.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

But Zarkov, you have your own forum. You have no reason to complain. You're the king of your own (unvisited) domain.

19. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

It's an ideal world, after all.

20. Zarkov Banned Banned

>> But Zarkov, you have your own forum. You have no reason to complain. You're the king of your own (unvisited) domain.

Typical sophist.... because I have my own house, (fascist says) I can not visit anyone else !!!!!!!

my point is proved beyond doubt..... some people really do not understand FREEDOM and FRATERNITY, they show no RESPECT.

Now how is a freedom loving person going to be able to exist in a fascist state ? ????????

21. Zarkov Banned Banned

Classic example of fascist power taken from Physics and Math stream, gravitational constant thread....

>>> James R
    Just this guy, you know? (4,370 posts)

Today, 03:05 PM
    report | reply
    David: Pay no attention to Zarkov. He has his own half-baked "theory" of gravity, which has been proved incorrect and useless.

Zarkov
    Registered User (457 posts)

Today, 04:08 PM
    edit | reply
    >> "theory" of gravity, which has been proved incorrect and useless.

If only James R, there is only positive results, mmmmh, but beyond your understanding, sigh. Not one error has been highlighted....

James R
    Just this guy, you know? (4,370 posts)

Today, 04:17 PM
    report | reply
    Zarkov, your post is off-topic. Take it somewhere else.<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You wish to tolerate this ???????????

22. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Zarkov,
    I'm not going to suggest I've read your posts or what they are on, or why JamesR has responded, however I will usher a guess, such comments are usually applied to people that some of us have differences of opinion based upon how many times a subject can be proven to be different than that persons understanding of the subject and how that person doesn't re-examine how they perceive their subject matter.

In instances of that you either have someone that hasn't computed those factors properly for what ever reason, or you have someone that tends to be a troll who argues black is white, when it's white.

Perhaps JamesR has mistaken you for a Troll, none the less if you have an "Alternative theory" and it contradicts the current universal understanding of the fact, your obviously going to get comments going against the grain, unless of course you post in a different forum that allows those contradictions to exist and doesn't get you being strung up as a heretic to their(meaning the current forums) belief system.

23. Zarkov Banned Banned

>> you have an "Alternative theory" and it contradicts the current universal understanding of the fact,

On the contrary, Quantum Electrodynamics backs up my whole paper. James thinks my analysis is trivial, however it is more correct than any current established theory. For example I have asked for a theoretical proof of why the Moon orbits the Earth.... there is none, my analysis explains this and what is and what could be. Gravity is a push reaction.

>> doesn't get you being strung up as a heretic to their(meaning the current forums) belief system.

Now I am not stalking James R, in all cases he is on my case, because I am against relativity. My call OK.