Should the US continue it's support of Israel?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ashura, Feb 10, 2008.

?

Should the US continue it's support of the Israel?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Of course, but they wouldn't have gotten that act together without the tons of aid they received......I give all the credit to America whenever an "Israeli discovery" is made.

Yes, friends help each other out. Israel doesn't help you, it just uses you.
    There's not even a real reason why to be friends with Israel. They have entirely different beliefs, goals, etc

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Again, please, this is not about whether or not the land of Israel should be returned to anyone, or if it belongs to any group. It's about a justification of future US aid to Israel.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Eh, yes they do. Can Syria "claim" America? No, because we have no ties to it and you obviously have more claim than us.

Similarily WHY SHOULD THE FUCKING NATIVES be pushed off for FOREIGNERS?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Until of course Israel gets fed up with them waging war and wipes them all out. Then the entire Palestinian struggle was for absoltely nothing... just a prolonged suicide.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

And if Israel does that.....that doesn't change anything. Then Israel will not only be an occupier, but also have committed genocide.

The Israelis dont' have the right to make that kind of decision. They are the aggresor, unless Hitler had the right to "get fed up and wipe out the Jews"?

9. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

That's what I was getting at in my initial post. The surrounding nations don't want the inhabitants of Gaza, or the West Bank in their country. They remember what sort of people inhabited the area before annexation, and believe me, those people were put there for a reason.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Even the Israelis know better than that.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/953182.html

Plus, the US would find it hard to justify any such action and Israel would lose support among the Jews and forever taint the Holocaust.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Didn't happen that way. Most of the Jews in Israel around that time CAME FROM the MIDDLE EAST (some 700,000 according to Wikipedia). Just like the Arabs that now call themselves Palestinians.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is that like all the people who did not want the Jews in their countries even after the Holocaust?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Perhaps you've discovered a reason for the Holocaust too?

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Middle East not Palestine

I'm talking only about Arabs/Palestinians who have some historic ties to Palestine.

Slavs and White Jews don't.......so why the fuck are they moving there?

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You do know that genetic studies on the Palestinians have shown them to be genetically similar to the Lebanese and Jews rather than the Arabs?

Why do you persist in this fiction?

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Genes have nothing to do with the situation, please try not to be racist please.

16. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

um YES THEY DO

So I can just go to America and say it belongs to Syria? OH BOY GREAT!

17. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Fortunately the rest of the world gives credit to the discoverer.

I've already demonstrated some tangible ways that Israel does help the US. We're friends because we like them. I am an atheist and I have many christian friends for example. Clearly we have stark differences, yet here we are... friends for life.

'Rights' don't objectively exist I am sorry to say. They are subjective declarations that only have validity when a body of objective power agrees and is willing to enforce them.

As long as revenge is part of a mind-set, you have given control of yourself to others. You become other peoples business.

18. Roman Banned Banned

Because the Egyptians don't really like the Arabs, and the Arabs don't really like the Persians, and the Persians don't really like the Turks....

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In this case, they do, since they show that natives converted to Judaism or Christianity or Islam.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Except there was no Palestine nation. There was an Ottoman Empire until it was defeated in WWII, leaving Palestine a stateless land.

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

There wouldn't be Hamas, Fatah-al Islam, and possibly Hesbollah would've been dismantled (or at least less aggresive) after the Lebanese Civil War

Also Persians, Egyptians, and Arabs seem to be getting along just fine

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

True, but the people LIVING on the land still had claim to that land, because it was their HOMES even if not officially.

Unless the natives never owned the land of America because the British had no record of it?.....

Palestine: 1187-1948

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its like India. There was no Kerala, but the people knew that they belonged to the Indian subcontinent and had a unique culture.

The concept of teh nation state is a recent one taht has arisen post colonialism. It does not in any way change how people see themselves. Just look at Africa for an example. Artificially drawn lines on a map do not overcome identity.

Hell, there was no Israel for 2000 years except in the minds of Jews.