Should the US continue it's support of Israel?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ashura, Feb 10, 2008.

?

Should the US continue it's support of the Israel?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

come on guys, im sure you can see the paradox.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i don't know but i feel the world would have been better off if jersulam that god forsaken city would have been burnt to the ground during the crusades

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't say never, because unlike your examples, they have never accepted it or moved out or given up. After all, they survived the Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Arabs, Persians and Ottomans. Not the kind of people who give up.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I realise that this is probably wishful thinking on your part, but if you think the ME is just going the way of Africa, let me just say,

You have got to be kidding!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And btw,
    Do you even know what is the price of gas in Iran? :crazy:

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Yeah Egyptians - right, then you probably meant Jews not "Palestinians".

Just out of curiosity which of the cities in Israel were founded by Palestinians?

Haa "Come One, Come All - See the ME .... A Paradigm of the Progression ..... Eighth Wonder of the Modern World"
    LOL
    The ME will have to face climate change - that alone will probably push the place over the edge.
    Add to this a booming population growth
    Little arable land
    Century old disputes
    all of this spells disaster - for even the most unified of countries.
    I suspect that the ME will continue along as they have for the last 1000 years except now they can kill one another much more readily.
    They will continue to teach their children their intolerant monotheistic beleif - you know, where their religion is the only true beleif.

*gather around the camel poop fire children"
    Once upon a time ,in a far off land, Mohammad road a winger fairy horse in the sky - right on into Heaven and peeked around. At this time "We" all lived on top of this gigantic magical wondrous ice cream cone - with sprinkles. It was the size of the ME! There on top, a Golden cherry sat. That's why we call this time the "Golden Age". During this time "We" taught the backwards Europeans how to read and write, we taught them ballet, we gave them the Opera, taught them how to paint, how to sculpt, how to do Calculus, how to build their huge castles - you know what? We even invented zero

This time last year they were running low: Iran to ration gasoline, drivers race to the pumps

More economic mismanagement. Probably all the free oil will be gone in less than two generations.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Interesting response Michael.

Apparently you don't read very well.

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Well I'm busy

I'm trying to help tutor the only indigenous Australia in the MedSchool here.

Anyway, think of this. There is this entire civilization of people, lets say the entire middle east and parts of Africa and south east Asia. They all believe strongly (fervently) in Xenu the intergalactic Over Lord. They spend a most of their efforts devoted towards Xenu's worship.
    Xenu is the center of their daily life.
    Their History is all based around thinking about Xenu. They have been killing one another over what Xenu wants since the day Ron Hubbard died. Don't even think about bad-mouthing Ron, they'll kill you. They base their governments on Xenu. Eat what Xenu wants them to eat. Poop the way Xenu wants them to poop (always walk out of the toilet left foot first Ronny-boy once said). Study Ron's every word. Every dead. Everything.

Now, do I wish they keep going down the tubes like Africa? No, I don't. But I'm fairly confident that making Xenu and the Prophet Ron the center of their very civilization that yes they will continue their decent. I don't know for sure, but I'm fairly confident.

We'll wait and see.

Michael

PS: A small amount of Xenuism may actually be beneficial. I don't personally believe in Xenu but I accept some people need it at times.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Michael, if the Palestinians went into some sort of all-out assault, as well as an uprising among Arab Israeli citizens AND the help of Saudi, Iran, Egypt, and Syria.......yes, they can get their land back. It would cost many lives, but it can be done. And it's the right thing to do.

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm sure if the Greeks, Americans and Europeans went on an all out assault they could get back Istanbul - is that's the right thing to do?

13. chuuush Registered Senior Member

Palestine will be taken back sooner or later. I'm confident of that, you know why? Because (hopefully) I will personnaly take part in that war.

14. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

I voted 'yes', since it isn't clear what the question meant by 'support'. I oppose aggression by both the US and Israel, but to the extent those two countries can change their policies to peacefully co-exist with the rest of the world and vice-versa, they should support each other.

15. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Where comest thou bloodlust? There is land all over this benighted rock upon which you and your family can peacefully live. Why risk your own life and those of others in order to reside on one parcel over another? Utter madness.

16. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

To lump a group of people together as 'they' or 'them', and then ascribe certain qualities or attributes they possessed over a period of thousands of years, is dangerously simplistic rubbish. Tread carefully: you may be a racist.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So you're saying those who created Israel were racists?

18. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

They were, but that nugget wasn't contained in any of my points. Reading comprehension: 0.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Considering genetic analysis shows that the Palestinians have been there at least as long as the oldest inhabitants all it shows is continuity. Palestinians are Arabised descendants of original inhabitants, just like Israelis are mostly transplanted Europeans who are descendants of those who left the land a few thousand years ago.

Reading comprehension: -100

20. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Genetic analysis shows ethnic groups are different in ways besides culture, and have special rights based upon those differences? You are a racist.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No genetic analysis shows one group left and one group did not. On the basis of which I said, the group that did not leave before is unlikely to leave now, since apparently they are selected for people who do not leave.

22. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

That is one of the most unscientific statements I have witnessed on Sciforums, which is saying quite a lot.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is it?

http://www.al-awda.org/