Sex for pleasure

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by G. F. Schleebenhorst, Jul 1, 2006.

1. sderenzi Banned Banned

Well apart from being stricken with the inability to get laid, what you guys say is beyond the point.

Looked at from a modern scientific point of view sex is just designed to allow the best to breed into more of the best, hopefully ending with the best of the best.

Because I'm not the best, not even close, I live at home, am a 25 year old virgin, I basically am never getting screwed. However if you look at it from this point of view ehh who cares. So one guys not getting laid, woman need men that have money and can make babies.

In fact just a little while ago I had someone mention to me I was not making enough so I couldn't get with her, but that she was willing to be friends. How nice right? Sexy, hot, fine, married with 2 kids and still won't sleep with me LOL. She kinda made fun actually, near the time I was leaving. It was something I'd not really have liked, but she did it. I think more it was to let me know she's never, on the planet, going to bang me. I appreciate that I really do, it just is the way nature works.

I do however feel I've gone somewhat beyond nature in my thinking, sometimes I feel like I'm not of this world, perhaps so different from everyone that I will never get any sex. I do have antidepressants!

Sex is fun, it's good, but the ultimate purpose is to breed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. perplexity Banned Banned

Looked at from my poiint of view the best thing about actually doing it is to then be rid of the need for the modern scientific point of view of it.

--- Ron.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

I am almost in the same boat as you. I realised yesterday I hardly even think about getting sex....the other day I just realised it's been more than 5 years since I was with a chick and even longer since I had a girlfriend, and I really don't care. I see everyone having break up troubles and people getting divorces and all this other nonsense, and I can't help but think life is so much easier without all that shit to worry about.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. perplexity Banned Banned

What you come away with depends on what you take to a situation.

Sweet wine is not made from sour grapes.

--- Ron.

8. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

I agree here, actually. Most people seem to think it's worth it though.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It depends on what you need from a relationship and how honest you can be about it. If you just need sex, that's harder if one of the two gets emotionally involved.

In my case, I feel honesty is very important, right from the beginning; I also believe that going into a relationship merely for sex does not create a good basis for a relationship ( I'm old fashioned, I guess). Friendship is important to me, alongwith the spark, plus stuff in common to talk about and do together and also a basic morality about what's right and wrong.

If you can get this, well then it needs work and love and laughter to sustain it. It needs understanding and compromise to make it work. Finally, believe me, its all worth it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Woah ... I think that depends on the situation. Unsafe massive orgy sex with AIDS carrying crack addicts wouldn't qualify as 'good' in my book.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

G. F. Schleebenhorst,

What's your point? I presented you with a reductio ad absurdum. You are not going to accept it?

12. perplexity Banned Banned

It depresses me, all this get get get get get.

It is also possible to give, to improve the good in general.

--- Ron.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well of course, but its hard to give if you're not getting; both have to invest equally (well almost) in the relationship

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

15. perplexity Banned Banned

I don't like it, the terminology, "getting laid" and "having sex".

Works better when I let it have me.

--- Ron.

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I learnt to live with that. I find it kinda funny now, though I still find those expressions kinda vulgar...

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

So you do not like selfishness? It could be argued that people give so they can feel good about themselves, thus thinking about themselves. I think wes morris argued this point, and I agree with him.

Seems all actions, as selfless as some might seem, are done to meet one's own needs or wants. So one is still "getting" more than than is given. An even trade is not worthwhile.

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I've somehow oversickened the need for romantic relationships and sex.
    I was all into girls when most others were playing in the sandbox (literally), even teachers complained about me, and I quit and had enough of relationships at about 18.

Now I have no emotional need for another human being whasoever. I think my studies and practice of buddhism is the reason. I like the freedom and being out of the game.

19. perplexity Banned Banned

Sex is not an even trade.

--- Ron.

20. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Well for one, I was not thinking about sex when I replied as my reply was in terms of the game "give and recieve" for any such game. It's a nonzero-sum game. And two, tell me why sex is not an even trade. Who receives more? Who gives more?

And what I mean by a "trade" is what you (or anyone else) GIVE balanced against what you RECEIVE. What you receive does not have to come from the giver.

21. perplexity Banned Banned

I felt like that a few years ago, and more recently for that matter, but my wife was not so pleased with it.

--- Ron.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Didn't you read my post; I don't mean it in terms of just sex; the whole relationship is important to me. Sex is best with someone who loves and understands you and that is made up of a million things. Not just the things you say and do when both are at the best, more, I think the interactions between them when either is at their worst ( or even both, which is really difficult). Its more about the little day to day things than the grand occasions and the support you are willing not only to give but also to accept ( a lot of people have issues even accepting support).

So when I say "get" or "give" I mean all these things; its a lot of work and most people nowadays are disinclined to put in the effort.

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I totally agree with that sam. These guys are a bunch of troglodytes.