Seriously considering...

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Thoreau, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Its not you. Koreans are so rude, yeah I have met a few nice ones but all and all I find them rude. Won't even ride on their bloody airlines. Have yet to meet anyone who's lived there or been there that didn't complain about it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

:roflmao: Shit lucy....you got a good sense of humor!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Whats to integrate? They are monks. And they are refugees, no need to integrate per se. They've built a Dharamsala, which is a kind of hub of Tibetan Buddhism and will probably be the last one standing. But they treat the Indians in the surrounding villages like a lower caste.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure that's an answer.

When the elevator's broke and you have to get down, you gotta do it any way you can, even if it's only with a shovel. I know things suck right now, but do you think perhaps it's because you're lonely? I just think you should try the options around you before you do something so major. Try making more friends, meeting new people, taking a class, etc.

8. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Truth. I've met ONE nice Korean person. She was an anomaly of dozens.

9. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Funny, I've never had a problem with Koreans. Of course, I make a valiant effort at speaking their language and observing their customs and culture too. They seemed like stuck up snobs, but they really aren't. They are just seriously formal people. Even their language is super structured on formalities.

I lived in France for awhile, compared to the French... Koreans are very nice people.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I've never had a problem with Koreans either. My best friend in the US is Korean and I find Koreans more helpful and sincere than the Chinese when it comes to work and teamwork.

11. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I would take the formality of the Japanese over the rough and uncivilized Koreans any day, the fussy French and yes I prefer Chinese. I really dislike S. Koreans. Meet way too many of them and have yet to meet anyone who has lived with them to say anything wonderful about it. Speaking the language isn't the issue liebling.

Its funny in Cambodia the Khmers who are very relaxed really have a problem with the Vietnamese but there isn't an expat they dislike more than the Koreans. Good clean food though, actually the best compliment I would pay them is that they are very very clean.

12. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Oddly enough, my mother loves Koreans after living in Korea and feels sort of like Liebs and SAM. My brother feels the same after having a Korean nanny. It's sort of a bizarre phenomenon: He can still sing several little Korean nursery songs, phonetically.

It seems they're very open about being close to "adopted" family. My brother managed to track down his old nanny and her husband and kids, and she was warm and receptive.

My experience is that they're just very moody people, but I've never been so close.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

One word comes to mind....KIMCHI!

14. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I like kimchi.

Dried squids are better.

15. tuberculatious Banned Banned

That's not nice of them.

16. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

i think that's a great idea..

change is never bad as long as it's reversable..

if it's better; woot woot..

if it's worse..you'll feel better when you return to the old you..

17. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

You have earned my award of Most Logical Member. That was truly the smartest, yet simplest, thing I've heard in a while around here.