Sciforums Quotes Thread

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Exhumed, Mar 18, 2008.

1. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Nikcelodoen being all hard and witty. Or limp and witty. In his usual crude, simplistic way, of course.

The exchange halted when Nikcldenoeo remembered that he works for the French, and lapsed into appropriate silence.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Quote by Electric Fetus:

Post is somewhere here...http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=80074

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

"Homosexuality is a pain in my ass."

-Baron Max

8. Reiku Banned Banned

That brightened up my day Lol

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

File under W for "Huh?"

I must admit, it would probably be loads of fun to smoke Draqon into the ground.

:m:

10. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Go West Young Jew

Some fierce arguing/swearing and then:

11. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Making Love

Sciforum's very own sexpert:

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This is going to require some explanation

Can I include one from the Encyclopedia?

Oh, hell, I'm going to, anyway:

Now, some of you might wonder what makes this such a spectacular quote.

Well, in the first place, apparently Canada is part of the United States. The Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series in 1992, becoming the first Canadian team to take the title. The following season, the Jays became the first team in fifteen years to win back-to-back Series titles.

Also, it's worth noting that our departed friend posted the line in March, 2007. This came several months after the National Foundation for American Policy issued a report on foreign-born baseball players in the Major League. According to the press release, "New Report Finds Foreign-Born Baseball Players Making Key Impact on Game; Proportion Highest in Major League History":

Season Stats: Seven of the nine best batting averages in the American League in 2006 were foreign-born, as were the home run leader and two top RBI hitters. In the National League, two of the top three batting averages were by foreign-born hitters; same with home runs. A foreign-born pitcher led the majors in strikeouts and ERA; two foreign-born pitchers tied for most wins during the regular season.

All Star Game: 31% of the players selected for the 2006 All Star Game were foreign-born; 44% of the starters for the game (7 of 16°) were foreign-born.

Rosters: 23% of major league players on active rosters in 2006 were foreign-born, the highest proportion in league history. That proportion does not include the 40 foreign-born players on the disabled list at the end of August.

Rosters (count): Dominican Republic (81), Venezuela (45), Mexico (10), Canada (10), Japan (8), Panama (6), Cuba (4), South Korea (3), Colombia (2), Taiwan (2).

• The recent lack of H-2B visas (used for tech industry workers) has prevented hundreds of foreign-born players from playing in the minor leagues. (The minors are a route to the major leagues; players are regularly "called up" to fill roster openings.)​

Also: the St. Louis Cardinals won the 2006 World Series; their roster included at least eight foreign-born players throughout the season including Albert Pujols, who led the majors in slugging percentage while hitting 49 home runs and 137 RBIs to place second in both categories. He placed second in voting for National League MVP; he won the award the prior season, edging out Andruw Jones, who was born in the Netherlands Antilles. (Jones, for the record, has made the All Star Game five times and won ten Gold Glove awards for his defensive play. He also broke Mickey Mantle's record as the youngest player to hit a home run in the World Series ... on Mantle's birthday.)

The 2007 World Series champions, the Boston Red Sox, brought nine foreign-born players on their starting roster.

At any rate, that's what makes the quote hilarious. Major League Baseball would suck without our foreign players.

Notes:

National Foundation for American Policy. "New Report Finds Foreign-Born Baseball Players Making Key Impact on Game; Proportion Highest in Major League History". October 20, 2006. http://www.nfap.com/researchactivities/studies/baseballstudy102006.pdf

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

source: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?p=1885109#post1885109

14. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Well, I was convinced:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

-GeoffP

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

17. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Spud. As usual.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Lately there are quite a few that have given me a chuckle.

19. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

How did Lou even remember I was Indian? :\

20. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

LOL....

21. Tnerb Banned Banned

I do not believe Baron Max would ever say something like that:

Please anyone who can confirm is my best friend.

22. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

23. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Quote by 15ofthe19: 'If all you're going to do is flame, at least flame with napalm.'