Sciforums novel that never ends.

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Sep 7, 2007.

?

Wich genre shall we be writting?

1. Sci-Fi

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. Horror

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Fantasy

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Thriller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Action/Adventure

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. Childrens fairytail book

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. Crime & Investigation

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  8. Factual

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Mass Philosophy (could get very stupid and confusing)

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  10. Romance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Modern War story

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  12. old/Ancient War story

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  13. Holy story

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. mythology

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Write out a few pages in an ongoing story that never ends. i ask the mods to make this a sticky post please.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i will start off writing the novel soon, we each take it in turn to write atleast 2 pages each. first we will have a vote, to see wich genre of novel we will be writting. remember this is going to be a book that never ever ends, aslong as sciforums (and humans) are alive. not even oli could read it all.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Nor would he want to. As it's rubbish.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Nothing is rubbish. All is part of the ongoing change which leads to that which we seek. And if he does not wish to read it, than so shall the words read themselves to him.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

only if you write most of its pages.

peace.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

main characters?, plot line to start with?. who goes second and third etc? what else should we hold a vote for before starting?

peacew.

9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

10. draqon Banned Banned

sci-fi theme...

I will be a character of chaos...I shall appear and stir things in a plot.

11. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Childrens fairytail book

Is an explanation really necessary ?

12. Roman Banned Banned

Where's the option for bad erotica?

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I see a murder coming many actually lol

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Only if it has actual SciForums members in it.

I think a murder mystery beat would be best, with spurious or invert or tiassa or someone being lampooned as the "private dick" who wanders from interview to interview, meets some dames, gets roughed up, and catches the bad guy.

15. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Tonight was the same as any other night - the weather was dark, the mood was dark and the dames were... - well you get the picture.
    Sciforums was its usual self, a cesspit of seething emotion and petty jealousies, overseen by one or two big bosses.
    The small fry kept quiet and stayed out of the way if they knew what was good for them.
    Some didn't, but that's life (and death) in the big forum.

This should have a case like any other, but one or two things about it just didn't add up: and Absane was offline, my calculator had a flat battery and I couldn't remember my times table.
    I needed help, big time.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I took another swig of Baccardi and stared at the problem on the table in front of me.

"2 + 2 = _ "

My head rang like a Chinese gong. What the hell did that mean? It was abstract, like the contemplation of riding a seatless bicycle, or of what a man might say after you dunked him in boiling water.

I stood up. I couldn't make sense of this Indo-Arabic numerical gibberish. I needed someone who knew mathematics like a ten-dollar whore's backside. That left only a few people. Invert_nexus, so far as anyone knew, had disappeared after staring too deeply into his own navel. Tiassa was busy teaching "Modern art and the degeneracy of Southern Americans" at Berkeley. Bells was carving out her own private kingdom of ball-kicking Amazons somewhere Down Under, wherever that was.

I put on my hat and grabbed my overcoat from the coatstand, knocking some priceless pictures of the chupacabra, the secret 9/11 cabal meetings, and a leaning man hunched over a bra magazine into the fire. I swore, but not for long. I had a couple of leads. I was out the door and on the street. The rain pattered down as I hopped into the car.

I decided to hit the first one first; a loner, they called him, a rebel. He'd been something big here, once, but had fallen from grace faster than a senator tapping toes in a Chicago loo. He'd struck out on his own and did a greasy side-argumentation business out of a personal server stuck together with glue and dried sewage and bits of TDI's used chewing gum. But there was a remote chance he'd have the answers I sought, before I had to resort to...other sources. Those were roads I didn't want to go down; not yet.

Because somewhere in the darkness, a man named "monkey" was waiting.

17. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

cool oli...I like the detective storyline....can we say cool '40s stuff like "dame","broad" and "geez Louie...don't get so sore" ?

18. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Already done: keep it in style.

19. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

oops...missed that sorry. I might have to write a little when I get home from work...don't think the boss would like it if I did it here

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You wanna take the meeting with the mysterious playboy "monkey", Oli? I've got something for after.

21. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I thought there was going to be more than just us two writing:
    I'll give it ten minutes and then have a go.

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Outside my apartment it was much the same as it had been inside, only bigger.
    With larger rats, most of whom had bigger teeth and nastier dispositions: two of them were looking to boost my jalopy: I showed them my teeth and they high-tailed it.

The car was called "Delilah" after my ex - they were both bitches but at least this one only let me down occasionally, without taking all my money and my best pal. Ex-best pal. Like my ex she moved faster if she knew she was going to see guys with money and charm: the "Monkey" had both in spades.

It was easy to find "Monkey": like the sayings had it, follow the money and cherchez la femme.
    Money and broads hung round the Monkey like stale sweat round a locker room.
    At least his booze was good.

I pulled up outside his block (in true style he owned the whole building), and there were a half dozen of his gorillas hanging round chewing the fat and looking tough.
    I let myself in, they knew better than to mess with me.

Inside his latest floozy was draped over his arm, covered in adoring looks and not much else.

"Delilah didn't stay around then?" I asked by way of a hi.

The floozy pouted and flounced off, checking to make sure I got a good look at her ass as she left.
    "Hey, if it ain't the loser! How ya doin' buddy?" Monkey knew me better than he knew himself, and he'd had a lifetime with himself.

He knew why I was there, and I was in no mood to play things his way tonight.
    I came to the point straight away: "How much for a name?".
    His gaze took in my overcoat (battered and worn), my shoes (the same) and then looked into my eyes.
    "Okay, for you, fifty".
    I showed him my Colt and balled a fist. "A forty-five plus the five in this hand is fifty" I snarled, "you got a lower price?"

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  23. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

effin' awesome...you sure your name isn't Sam Spade, Oli? Makes me want to put on a fedora and hang a toothpick out of my mouth.