Sciforums is so cool!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Pollux V, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I'm recommending it to all my friends. I'm serious guys, this place rocks, I've spent upwards of an hour reading through everything. it was a great idea. Kudos to members like Bowser, kmguru, banshee, chagur, wet1, Success_Machine, bebelina, and especially backslash777 for turning the forums into such a fun place to hang out. This place is just incredible, and I just love coming here. I only wish I'd found it sooner. The people I named on the list I've compiled have posted in many if not all of the things I've read, and they're the ones that really turn the forums into what they are. I only wished I'd found it sooner.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I think we all pretty much feel that way. It's a great community, with members from all over the world. What an eye opener!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I agree

I agree. This is an awesome place. I used to think I was a really screwed up kid 'cause I loved thinkin bout all this psuedoscience and advanced physics along with every other forum on this site. Believe me I'm not a normal 15 year old but this place does make me feel relatively normal. This place rocks!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Elbaz,

You are not a "screwed up kid". You choose to have something else on your mind besides the football game, latest fad, or where can we go to get into something we shouldn't.

That you find it here is not bad. Most people look all their lives for things and after it is found it is throwed away as not being new enough. Learning is a life long process whether it from mistakes or from books and school. Staying around here will give a learning of a kind. Both in people and in ideas.

The rest of the world is "screwed up"!

8. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Sciforums rock

Shrike, I agree with you. This place rocks

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I ve been to other forums, but this one is okay. Maybe because of people coming here from all over the world.
    You can learn a lot too, about things you don't know but want to know.
    There are forums, about exoscience for instance, I am very interested in, but I do not know enough of the matter.
    So I go there and read a lot about it.

Yeah, I too do really like the sciforums.....

9. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Yep, we have our moments. I don't know why I spend so much time here. I'm bored, I guess.

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I originally came here cause I lost a bet-JOKING I just come here because I find it 'entertaining,' and i like being part of a community where what I say can really attract attention and easily make a difference. It's easier to do that in a smaller community (anyone know how many members we have?) because in those there are less people, therefore it's likely that what you say will be noticed.
    It's also really fun to joke around with 777 and watch one of his pointed eyebrows raise and wait for him to say something like: "A clever play on words." I'm sorry folks, I have a really fun time here voicing my opinion where it can't be drowned out by other peoples voices.
    Don't we all think he's a green blooded vulcan?

11. HOWARDSTERN HOWARDSTERN has logged out.... Registered Senior Member

WHAT ABOUT ME????

WHAT AM I? CHOPPED LIVER!!!!!!!

12. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the support Wet1. and I agree with your perspective--the rest of the world is screwed up. EG. when I was in grade 1 or 2 I cant remember which but I discovered integers and asked the teacher if I could use them in math class instead of traditional plus minus. She gave a funny look to me and said no. That was the first time I thought that I or the rest of the world was screwed up cause I thought she was dumb enough to not understand the concept. True I am into sports and things but this community has filled a void in me. so I say it again with a salute --This place rocks!

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

It may have been that the rest of the class wasn't ready and the teacher wasn't prepared to go in that direction. For myself I found school extremely tiring. Waiting for Joe Blow to catch up was a waste of good time and there were so many of them! Needless to say, my school grades suffered from the lack of my attention. Later I found that at work where I am required to maintain certain certifications and be renewed on them periodically, there was a different thought of how the pace should proceed. It comes hard, fast, hot, and heavy. I thrive in such enviorments and it becomes progressively easier to absorb.

As far as HOWARD, chopped liver???????? Did you get a pet?

14. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Yes, like csiforums!

The siforums are important in my life, because I finally found a forum where people understand. And if they don't, they let you know. So you can learn from the answers you get and maybe you yourself can learn somebody else some important stuff.
    So another person maybe sees 'things' in perspective then, what was confusing for a person doesn't have to be confusing anymore if someone can explain what he/she is looking for

These are the first forums I found where you can be yourself and it is allright.
    Even if sometimes people have a little misunderstanding with eachother. You can always talk it out with the person<s> you have a misunderstanding with. By PM, or just on the forums

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

??????

I don't know why there are stripes through the end of my last posting.
    I am sure I did everything as it belongs, maybe an error on the p.c. or so

16. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I thought you were going overboard with html or something

17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

My guess is that you inadvertently used the html strike tag after <i>"person<b>(s)</b>."</i>

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Yes, I think I really did something very wrong. It didn't happen after that one.
    Typical a p.c., they don't like me. They even try to tease me when I am posting on my favorite forums

Maybe a man found out the first p.c., then we know why it always goes ballistic on me. Typical male, haha.
    Make the p.c.'s at a way women don't understand it.

Well, I do not care for one minute......I struggle on......

19. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Banshee,

You inserted, by accident, an HTML tag into your text. Everyone's browser is now reading that tag and formatting your trailing text.

It's a typo and not collusion among males.

20. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

Yes, Mr. Stern

21. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Do not understand

Bowser, what do you mean by anyone is now reading that tag and is formatting my trailing text??

That they all can see what a dummy I can be?? I really don't understand, sorry. But that everyone can read it, I can't care less

Sometimes people make mistakes, even little ones, haha.
    That's what I like about the forums here. The people are always friendly......

Talk to you later my friends.....

22. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

<i>
    Bowser, <s>what do you mean by</s> anyone <s>is</s> now reading that tag <s>and</s> is formatting my trailing text??

<s>That they</s> all can see <s>what a dummy I can be?? I really don't understand, sorry. But that everyone can read</s> it, <s>I can't care less</s>

<s>Sometimes people make mistakes, even little ones, haha.
    That's what I like about the forums here. The people are always friendly...... </s>

Talk to you later my friends.....</i>

I was trying to explain what went wrong with your post.

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Yes, HOWARDSTERN, you are chopped liver.