Sciforums Fleet

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Thor, May 19, 2004.

1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Dude, listen to that music while you are typing!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I will when I get the chance.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Everyone in the room took a breather, it was a lot of work, managing the entire operation from this room. Some turned up the cooling in their armor, while others including Shogun and Cera decided to take their upper body plates off. A useless gesture really, taking off their armor, but it is the human instead of them making that decision. Shogun sat down in his black custom-fitted, sealed protective BDU. He grabbed his canteen and dumped the cold water on his head. He didn't need to use his Geass this time, it isn't that critical, well it is but not as complex and the situation wasn't critical. He ran his hand through his hair and then wiped his forehead. He felt his eyes wander at Cera's beautiful feminine body, and tried to not make it obvious. He tried to distract himself, he grabbed his other canteen and handed it to Cecilia, who was clearly uncomfortable in her fancy dress, she should have wore her BDUs instead, but she probably figured since she represented a major power in this operation...she took it and drank it all, he smiled and said,

"Hey, don't drink it all at once, you'll get the hiccups,"

She then said quietly,

"You have no clue how uncomfortable dresses get, even though I wore them all my life,"

He smiled and returned,

"Glad I am male then,"

She then moved closer and whispered,

"How do you think she looks in her protective suit?"

Oh crap, he thought, he made it too obvious.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Ready to start the fight when you are. You could try that tactic of yours, surround the ship and then launch the attack, would make sense because that is your character's preference.

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Well, not really surround. My character likes to try to make sure they have as much advantage as possible before attacking, well a battle of masters is decided before the first blow is struck

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. It wasn't surrounding really...it was a main charge, aided by a right flank sickle cut, with the left flank and rear supporting fire. Well, it is just one scenario, because my guys the complete advantage and total control, plus the traps already set up, and want to test them. Usually, my guy's strategy is to go for the king ( if you read my previous posts ) and go for a quick battle. Flanks usually help a lot, when possible.

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Flanking an enemy is often a luxury. You only do it when your positive that your at a standoff where you and your enemy are relatively evenly matched. If your stronger then the enemy then your center line will plow through the enemy before the flanks can pull up (because they have a longer distance to go), and that can spell all types of trouble.

But if your center line is weaker then the enemy then while your trying to flank the enemy will charge into the center line, plow through it, and eliminate the enemies strong units before the flanks can get back to the fight.

I prefer an army operating as a very large entity when possible.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Shogun then switched the topic, he tried to be subtle,

"Umm, why did you wear a dress anyways? I could have provided you with more comfortable clothing, or you probably brought some yourself,"

Cecilia smiled and said,

"You are intelligent enough to figure it out," she then said, "Now, don't change the topic, I see you stealing glances at her, at least you are not drooling,"

He cleared his throat and in an attempted to remain perfectly cold ,detached, and analytical he said,

"She seems to be taking care of her body extremely well, and she is born with a beautiful figure,"

"There's gotta be more, spill it out, come on!"

He was saved by a transmission from the bridge,

"Sir, we have destroyed all evidence of our activity, nothing, nothing at all, but what am I to do with this debris?"

"Destroy it like amateurs, skillfully remove that evidence that we, ESSCPA Special Operations, were here but destroy it like amateurs,"

"Sir, understood sir!"

11. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

No evidence? That seems kinda unrealistic.

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Umm, the forces are balanced in overall strength, in that the units are carefully chose for each role. The numbers are even, and the battle have been purposely designed to last long, flanks are purely for support and emergency contingency. I know what you mean, I study this stuff ( after all I where I wan to go in life is Military Science and become Staff Officer ). Prime example, Battle of Marathon.

Not necessarily, usually use units that can for a lack of a better term "slug it out,"

The Battle of Marathon is a great example for what we are discussing here.

I can see why, you are right in that too divided is not good. However, through my study of military theory, military science, of the great commanders, rulers, game theory, strategic studies etc. A force with the teamwork of an entity, but are capable of acting as separate forces is prime. However, concentrate as 1 is asking for disaster, no preparation, no setup, no contingency plan, no wide-field command and control, etc. You might have prep, a bit of command and control and setup, but contingency is usually the key. Also "All Wars is based upon deception,", hard to do effectively with one unit, unless the enemy is a complete idiot. And you always want to divide the enemy SKILLFULLY not spreading you army like thin butter.

Here is something, a nugget

When ten times the enemy's strength, surround him;
    Five times, attack him;
    *alternatively, alarm him from font, surprise from rear, create uproar in east, and strike in west;
    Equal then engage;
    Weaker then prepare contingency so you are able to withdraw;

And if everything else is unequal, be able to elude the enemy.

NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY WORD FOR WORD,

it is a summary of a few good points in the Art of War.

There are other aspects, I won't bore you with or type right now, but these are the very very basic.
    Double, then divide him;

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Indistinguishable evidence = no accurate perception which comes to the same conclusion as no evidence

14. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Well the holians know its not the resistance, so who else would it be? Just the process of deduction could lead them to you guys is what I mean.

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I mean no evidence of that it is us. They can make deductions, where my guys are only one option of many. Even a patrol disappearing is enough evidence alone to know something is up...too late

They will be paralyzed before they can do anything

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

He then said,

"I will personally oversee-"

Cecilia then shouted,

"No, he won't be joining you, please leave a message after-"

She took his commlink, he should have used his wrist comm instead...He tried to grab it from her, it was difficult to say the least. He then decided, that they are twins, so all of the normal formalities and rules are off limits. He then picked her up and didn't put her down. That got them a lot of attention, people stopped and stared...and Cera just stared for a second, frozen, then broke into a stomach-aching laughter

She then took the opportunity to kick him, he didn't let go, he barely flinched, then she kicked again, this time quickly and randomly. He let go, high heels hurt, a lot. He dropped her, she landed on her feet and then ran, she was actually pretty quick, despite being in high heels and a dress. Shogun laughed and then went after her, tackling her from the back and onto the floor. He then got his commlink from here. People came outside to watch, they were just laying there laughing.

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

"Hey Kent, I'm gonna take a breather." I said

"You alright?" he asked

"Yah, just wanna take a breath." I replied

"alright."

I closed the visual I had of his face that we used like a web cam.

I pulled of my left glove with my teeth and marvelled, at the risk of narcissism, at the silver lines where the blue and red of my veins and arteries had once been.

I focused hard on my index finger, the silver lines running up it started to turn into a soft golden hue and then my finger started becoming faded from reality. I stuck the finger into one of the panels and it slid right through with no friction.

"Hey Sutori, you ready?" Kent asked

"Yah, just gimme a sec." I said

I pulled my finger out of the panel and relaxed, the veins changed back to that static silver they were before.

I put my glove back on and set back to work.

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

He got up, offered his hand, he then pulled it back just as their finger tips touched. He then pretended to walk away, Cecilia then shouted,

"Come back! Help me out or something!"

Shogun chuckled and returned to help, it must have been tough to get up in that attire, sure looked like it to him.

They then got back and sat down in the conference room. Most of those present were confused, so was Shogun.

She then whispered something,

"I know you love her,"

He froze on the spot, and blushed inside,

"It is obvious, trust me,"

She then continued,

"You need to tell her that she looks great, girls like to hear that kind of stuff, especially from a man like you, trust me on it, trust me,"

He then looked at her and then said smiling,

"Since when I have started taking advice from my little sister,"

She then said,

"Hey! I told you this before, 5 minutes doesn't count!"

"Whatever you say, lil sis,"

He then said loudly to everyone present,

"Everyone I got a proposal,"

Everyone froze and paid attention,

"I propose that Cera be promoted to Rear Admiral, lower half," he paused and then continued to explain, "She has proven her worth, more then her worth, her services have been extraordinary, her command and responsibility is heavy, too heavy for a person without a rank,"

He cleared his throat and then said,

"For that and for purposes of morale and formalities, I propose she be given the rank of Rear Admiral, lower half, all those in favor say 'I'"

He said I first, then the rest one by one, finally Cera herself.

"Thank you gentlemen, it will be a pleasure to work with you all formally as your peer," she stood and said, and then sat down.

He then said,

"This council is adjourned, please return to your individual posts for the upcoming battle,"

19. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

So are you finally coming? I figured that what would work is if as it turns out I had accidently set off some sort of tracking probe of yours and you guys picked up the signal.

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Nah, wasn't ours. We are coming because we play for keeps

We are attacking the Holians. You guys can stand by, receive suddenly receive intel about weird Holian movements or something.

21. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

wait a sec, I thought you guys were gonna come and attack us? I've been waiting around in this field of debris for the past several days waiting for you.

Dude, where would we receive intel from? Its not like we have some sort of space fleet nearby nor many other ships, and I doubt the holians would be so polite as to let us know their own fleet movements.

I thought what was going to happen was that you were to attack my character's ship because you thought it was holian. We have a battle, I manage to disable your engines. Big Holian armada shows up to kill you for wrecking their ships and me for being part of the resistance. I escape, they capture you. They mind wipe you, and then we continue on with the story.

22. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

When they walked outside the door, Shogun then said to Cera,

"Just so you know..." he then closed his eyes, opened them and then said, "you look great in that suit,"

"Were you staring at me?"

"No...I mean...yes..." Shogun blushed, physically this time...

"Is the reason it look great, is it because it is custom form-fitted?" she smiled slyly

"No...because you have very beautiful, and have a wonderful figure,"

There, first time he ever said it out loud, the first time. Well there is a first time for everything. He brought her closer and then kissed her forehead, when he moved in for the lips. She softly put her finger on his and said,

"Wait till after the battle, I heard it is good luck,"

They didn't believe in luck, nonetheless, it is one of the unspoken rules of society.

"Sure, we can wait,"

They then went to the bridge, and took their seats.

"Is everything ready for Oscar-Mike?"

"Yes, sir, all ships ready,"

He then said,

"Hit it Ensign,"

"Yes sir!"

23. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

We were supposed to attack the Holian HQ first. I have been trying to explain that to you the entire time...

Then you are to stumble upon their massive wreckage, we find you, and Shogun decides to go back with Cera, then just as we fighting, the Holian armada supposed to come and relieve the base comes. That gives a good reason why the Holians where there.

Well don't you guys have like a Senator on your side or something?