Sciforums Fleet

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Thor, May 19, 2004.

1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Shogun then asked,

"Did you know him?"

"Yeah, he was a regular visitor of your father's palace,"

"Is that so," he said brushing her hair with his fingers, he then said, "Do you know his daughter then?"

"I seen her a few times, but no, I don't know her,"

"Do you think they are reliable and loyal?"

She thought about it for a while then said,

"Yeah, to your family at least, loyal to the grave,"

Shogun then said,

"She will be under your command, she is psychic, not just that but one of the most powerful," he then added, "keep an eye on her won't you? Not out of suspicion but to keep her safe,"

"I understand,"

"Oh, and by the way on a side note, investigate her father's death, you don't necessarily have to do it personally, but it will be great if you can,"

She turned her head around facing him, only a few times have he been this close to her. He can't find any imperfections with his eyes, and she smells good too. She looked at him with her golden orbs and then said,

"Will do," she then smiled slyly and added, "falling for her aren't you?"

He then replied,

"No, you know that full well," he then added, "is it because you are?"

They had a chuckle, he then kissed her on the neck, they were about to lock lips when the door opened, he forgot to lock it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

We really need to tie our two storylines together, its getting a tad monotenous after three months of solo work.

In game:

"That's it, take it slow." Adder said

"Adder, let go of me I can walk see?" I said

I threw the crutches down and walked towards the end of the hall, but everything started spinning and I put a hand against the wall and fell against it, leaning to keep myself up.

"Sutori!" Adder said rushing over

the spinning stopped immediately and it was alright.

"Jesus, I was just kidding." I said

"Bullshit." He said

I stood up and did jumping jacks, "see?"

"The doctor said you should give the artificial spine some time to adjust." Cade said

"Speaking of which, I've gotta check that bad boy out." I said

I started jogging down the hallway to the nearest bathroom.

"Youre not supposed to be running!" he yelled

I rounded the corner and nearly ran into a crowd of people.

"Hey su" Mic said happily

He was like fourteen years old, and in the full, pseudo military get up they had created for the rebellion, including the helmet. And a rail rifle.

"Mic, holy crap I thought for sure you would've been smashed to bits when that artillery flattened the building." I laughed out

"That's why I wear one of these, and remember to duck." he said smiling

Then he caught a glance of Adder rounding the corner "something I heard he forgot to do." he said angrily pointing at him.

"Whaddya say pip squeak?!?" Adder retorted

"Hey guys, come on, at least wait till I can actually eat popcorn before fighting."

Adder made the "I'm watching you" hand signal to Mic, and Mic replied with a peeled down eyelid.

"Anyways, we've decided to give you this as a gift." Mic said

He handed me the rail rifle, which had to have been an extra six inches longer then normal, but it was a hell of a lot thinner and sleaker, not to mention light for something thats supposed to be almost solid iron.

"Damn this thing is light." I said holding it.

"Yah, Sarge made it for you in the lower foundries." Mic said

"Bull, he wouldn't give me lunch when I asked him to share, even when I saved his ass." I said laughing

"Seriously." Mic said

"So what's the occasion?" I asked

"You haven't heard? While you were snoozing we fucking won this thing!" Mic said

"Holy shit" I yelled I was laughing now.

"Yah, this is a gift from, well everyone, we couldn't have done it without you." he said

"Oh please, I was asleep for the most interesting parts." I said, he laughed

"What's this on the side?" I asked

"Oh, one of the elders etched it in and poured gold into the etchings, its supposed to mean something like 'A stranger walks with us." he said

"Who's the stranger?" I asked

"You."

Oh yeah, and here's something from one of the workers personally to you. He drew out a straight pointed dagger that was triangular in shape, at the widest was two centimeters and concluded in a tip. And if you looked at a cross section it had the shape of a four sided diamond (geometric, not actual diamond).

"Thanks" I said

"Yah, lemme show you how this thing works." He said

I gave him the rifle and later he showed me how to mount the dagger as a bayonet, how to adjust the scope which was the old fashioned turn and focus sort, nothing electrical. As it turns out they replaced the iron rails with a certain kind of a blue diamond rail system that apparently was self sharpening so it wouldn't wear out very quickly.

I shot it a few times, the thing was a real master piece.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, that is why I am posting more and more often.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Lieutenant Shin Taira was standing there, Shogun cursed under his breath. It was really annoying how he disrupted that perfect moment, but he knew that he didn't know, and that it must have been important. Still, it didn't stop him from being annoyed at him. Shogun and Cera stood at attention, it is ironic because Shin is their subordinate. Shogun then said,

"What is it Lieutenant?"

Shin just pretended he didn't see anything and continued,

"Sir, we just arrived at our checkpoint sir, first ones here,"

Shogun then said,

"Good, nonetheless we have to wait for the others to arrive,"

"Aye sir, understood, sir,"

Shin was actually pleased deep down, that means he won't have to compete with Shogun for Misaka. Shin then shook the thought, no Misaka isn't interested in the Admiral, he told himself, and that he got nothing to worry about.

Cecilia then said once they exited,

"Ah, just in time, I have agreed to restore Misaka- sorry, no Marianne's rightful rank as Baroness, since her brother is MIA, she will be the temporary head of the House of Schulz,"

"Great, did you already do it?"

Cera elbowed him lightly and said quietly,

"A baron or baroness need to be ordained by at least two members of the Imperial Family, and have a noble the level of count or above as witness, scribe, and sit as magistrate"

Shogun then said,

"Great, now all we are missing is a count, where are we going to get one? Do we have one in the strike force?"

Cera then laughed and said,

"Good thing I am a Margravine, problem solved,"

"What?!"

"Yeah, I am a noble, should you be surprised?"

"Not really once I think about it," Shogun though, she does act with grace and carry herself like a royal princess or a queen. It is just not something he expected, mostly because she never told him.

"Thats right,"

"You never told me,"

"Thats because I don't go around with the words "High ranking noble here" tattooed on my forehead, and you never bothered to ask,"

"Whatever, lets just get on with it shall we?"

Cecilia came prepared so they were able to begin, Marianne was ordered to kneel. Cecilia gave her the oath and sworn her in. Shogun knelt down on one knee, took the sword from Cecilia and did a special sword salute that he was taught to by Cera, she taught him all he knew about social etiquette and business related to royalty. He knelt back down, bowed his head, he then presented the sword over his head to Cecilia. She took it, did another salute, one that he didn't know. She then handed it to Misaka, who received it over her head.

"Rise, Lady Marianne Schulz, Baroness of Anemoi,"

"Thank you, your highness,"

Cera finished writing the legal document on a datapad, it was fast, well there was a template for it. She signed it, passed it to Cecilia who signed it, he then signed it. It is pretty easy to forge a signature, but there are other much more secure precautions, signatures are just for formalities and decoration. Misaka then signed it last - with her real name that is. There were tears in her eyes, Shogun didn't understand why.

8. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I put the rail rifle on a display stand in my room that I had hurridly made out of some wire hangars.

"Perfect" I said

The engines roared as the Solitude took off from the planetary surface. I was going to miss this place, but it feels good to be able to actually use my mobile suit again. It would not bother me at all if I never had to fire that rail rifle ever again, I don't like being a front lines infantryman, I don't want to become cannon fodder.

I admired my work for a short while and then headed to the bridge.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

To him it is just a merit rank that received pay and a few honor, military, political and social privileges and status. It is a merit rank, but also hereditary, but the inherited rank, without self-earned merit lost a lot of respect and privileges. He didn't understand what was so emotional about earning nobility. If it is a emotional response, shouldn't it be joy?

He went and comforted her nevertheless, because he was a gentlemen and a prince. He held her to him and ran his hand through her hair, Cera didn't show any disapproval in the least, which was good, she understood it was merely comforting her. She bawled her eyes out on him. Shogun then waited for her to stop and then patted her on the small of her back. After all, Cera was the one that taught him how. She had a few small sobs. Shogun then said,

"Cera, Cecilia and I are needed at the bridge, you all are welcome to stay here, just don't break anything,"

"Yes sir, understood,"

They then left his quarters. Cera then said,

"So, you broke it huh?"

"What?"

"The vase, the one I made and you thought was beautiful so I gave it to you, now I only see pieces on the floor," she paused and then said, "Did you go on a rampage again? Or a tornado came through there?"

Shogun was nervous about that, she was one of the few people, if not the only person he feared.

"Uhh....yeah, it was flying towards me, you rather me getting a bloody head?"

"Poor vase" she said then smiled, "I'm just messing with you, no matter, but there is one consequence..." Shogun thought of all the possibilities, he dreaded this moment..."you will make one for me, no help at all,"

It wasn't as bad as he thought it would be, nonetheless he can't make a vase to save his own life.

10. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Hey shogun, how long until your character's storyline and mine will intersect? Just so I know when I should have my guy finish what he's doing in time.

11. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I'm gonna pm it to you.

12. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

"Were coming up on some debris, it appears to be from holian ships."

"take us out of warp, full stop." captain rosenthal ordered

The ship lurched and ground to a halt in the middle of a graveyard. Twisted metal and binded cables. Eviscerated ships and decapitated mobile suits.

"Shit" I said

"Start a sensor sweep, Kent, Sutori, go out and see what you can find, Adder and Cade will stay by the ship in case whatever did this comes back." the captain said

"Roger" we all replied.

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

He disguised it by saying,

"Whatever, no problem,"

They then entered the bridge, while on duty it is strictly business. He may be lax during off-duty hours, but while on-duty, it is a completely different story.

"Admiral on the bridge!"

He then ordered,

"Assemble the War Cabinet here, I want everyone physically present, tell them to come by shuttle,"

"Yes sir, understood sir,"

He then said to the executive officer, Lieutenant Faust,

"You have the bridge lieutenant,"

"Sir yes sir,"

He turned around swiftly and then left, with Minamoto, Cecilia and Cera heading for the shuttle hanger.

The shuttles one by one quickly arrived, they greeted each other formally and then headed for the War Cabinet conference room when all of their members arrived.

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Everyone else entered first and stood by their chair, Shogun entered last with Cecilia,

"I present to you, Princess Cecilia vi Yamato, commander of the Vichi strike force attached to us for this operation,"

Everyone bowed their heads in respect.

"She will represent the Vichi forces in this operation,"

Cecilia sat down first, then Shogun, followed by everyone else.

"Operation Hydra, phase I will be commencing soon,"

Then his commlink flashed,

"What is it?"

"Sir, the Vichi forces have arrived,"

"Tell them to stand-by for orders,"

He then turned to the cabinet and said,

"In fact it is commencing now,"

He pressed a button and ordered,

"Send the mission briefing to the imperial fleet, tell them to make hast and brief their men en route, I want them Oscar-Mike immediate,"

"Aye sir,"

He gave the general order to execute the mission plan, all the holoprojectors and screens flared up in the conference room.

Shogun then said,

"Princess, the operation outline is on the screen in front of you,"

"Thank you, Admiral Yamato," she replied, she knew while on-duty, especially in a combat zone, it is strictly business, and Shogun represented the ESSCPA Special Operations Forces now, as is to be addressed by his rank. She went through the outline. Phase I consisted of ambushing Holian patrols that are headed for the main objective, with the aid of the traps already set. They are to capture them as intact as possible, while dealing superficial damage. They will be used as baits and distraction during their assault on their main objective. It is risky and cunning plan, it required every piece in place.

"I will give command of this operation to the Chief Commander of Covert Operations Forces, if any of you have objections state so now, it will be noted,"

No objections from anyone, which was good.

"Chief Commander of Covert Operations, you now have command,"

"Understood Admiral,"

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

"This isn't so much of a meeting, we are turning this into our central ops room, we will oversee and command the forces from here," Cera said,

"As you are aware, the SRT Amaterasu will be engaging combat, prepare for shock, extreme maneuvers and to brace for impact when needed," Captain Minamoto added, after all he is the skipper of the Amaterasu, but Shogun is the ranking officer,

Shogun then added,

"The adjustments and the orders we give will be forwarded to adjutants who will relay it to the fleet," he pressed a button, even more screens and holoprojectors flared up, "We are able to oversee almost everything, almost every last detail and command at all echelons from here, but I will prefer if you let the officers in place do their jobs instead of interfering in every last detail,"

Cera then nodded at them and said,

"Thank you, Captain Minamoto and Admiral Yamato," she then typed something on the keyboard, her typing speed matched those of Shoguns, he was genuinely surprised, "the TO of this battle is forwarded to your main screens, please only command the forces you are in charge of, but if it is an emergency, you may interfere with other forces,"

"Yes, ma'am," the chorus returned, which included Shogun, even if he is the C-in-C, she was the commander of this operation.

16. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OOC: The flashback is from page 97.

"Hey sutori, we just got news from the capital. They're rebuilding a new base." Kim said over the radio

"Really? Where?" I asked

I was busy sifting through rubble.

"In the mountains, theyre some of the higher ones up, get this, they're gonna use some speeders through tunnels for transport, ingenius right?" she said

My head started throbbing, like a lightning bolt had struck it. I had what I think in hindsight was a flashback.
    Just as I had been flung back into...whatever that was I was flung back. I was sweating and had the chills.

"Tori!" "what's wrong?" Kent exclaimed

"Nothing, uhm, here check out that other ship over there." I said panting.

"what was that?" I thought to myself.

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

oh yeah, shogun, did you ever finish crysis warhead?

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I forgot to reinstall it lol, I wiped my comp, never got around to it. Thanks for reminding.

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The room was noisy to say the least, and the flood of information it would give any normal person a nervous breakdown and a seizure.

"Contact at contact point Alpha-Alpha-1"

That was the first contact, good, so far so good. Then they one by one quickly engaged the enemy at all the established contact points. Somewhere in all the mayhem, he heard a name, it was too familiar. The named belonged to the commander of a Vichi Blackbird company.

He then said to Cecilia,

"Your highness, is Major Dominique Huston, the same Major Huston that was-"

"Yes, it is, they force he is commanding was the Neo Super Soldier, they joined us to seek political protection,"

"Thank you, your highness,"

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys

Military commander in chiefs of the future...can sing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

From Starship Troopers 3 ( Sky Marshal Omar Anoke )

P.S. Look up some of the propaganda from Starship Troopers ( the movie ), it is actually hilarious. The book and movie and totally different.....

21. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OOC: I'm still at the site where the battle was.

"Alrighty then, here's sortie number twelve." I said

Kent and I had accomplished several missions, this was one of the more important right now.

"Alright, I placed a marker on the command ship from the holians." Kent said

Right after he said that a yellow blip appeared on my sensors.

"There it is" I said sighing relief.

At least now we wouldn't have to waste days finding it again.

"Alright, you know the drill, we go inside, download everything off the main terminal and get out." Kent said

"Roger that" I replied.

22. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I saw the original, apparently it had one some sort of award for the most on screen deaths.

23. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't be surprised...