Schrödinger's Cat

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by kwhilborn, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

He is incapable of learning, you should just put him on your ignore list. Scrodiger's Cat is interesting, but based on Donnie Darko science. Don't make too much of it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And another crank shows up.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Yes! That would be too much to hope for.. lol

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kwhilborn Banned Banned

TY Pincho. I figured this guy probably is a famous troll already and has a few "friends"

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

"Figured"? You've already claimed it.
    Pincho (maybe you haven't read any of his threads) is mentally deficient when it comes to science.
    As for your remark about "friends" - just one more ridiculous assumption without substantion in your long list.

9. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Yeah! Thanks again Pincho.. Cheers!

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

@ kwhilborn: any explantion as to why this ended up in Pseudoscience?
    Here's my take: because that's what you're promoting.

11. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

12. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Yes! We all know how this ended up in pseudoscience.

First of all I think if people actually understood some of the implications we see in interpretations of quantum mechanics it almost requires leaps of faith.

I honestly do not believe you understand The Schrodinger Cat Thought Experiment. It was proposed by Schrodinger to point out the absurdity of the viewpoint that it would be impossible for 2 cats to exist simultaneously as waveforms. Einstein also supported this view.

But that is NOT the thought experiment we are meant to consider. You can say what you like but you cannot change the facts.

Some people do think the cat existed as a wavefunction, or other thought experiments based on Schrodingers cat such as "Wigners friend" would not even be considered. People would just laugh off Scrodingers cat and be done with it.

NOW AS TO WHY THIS THREAD WAS MOVED.

Firstly; it was moved because you have the weirdest name in sciforums. I am a very good speller, but without vowels in your name it is not the easiest name to remember. I believe I gave up trying to spell it right.

Secondly You went whining to a moderator about name spelling I imagine, and the moderator switched it here. I am guessing since you seem to live here and I come every few months when i need ideas clarified, that you know the moderator.

You Keep trying to pass off your conclusion (and Schrodingers, and Einsteins) as the experiment.

There is a difference between what we are meant to consider and the conclusion you achieve. You keep stamping your feet with the experiments conclusion, and you just do not like to admit when you are wrong.

I have received several messages from people about you, and that I should just ignore you, but you want to hurt peoples education by being so wrong.

Your viewpoint is not the only valid one, and it is certainly not how this thought experiment was intended.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I.e. the cat is NOT a wave form. At any point. Contrary to your claim.

I see. A poster's name is a fcator in where a thread gets moved to.

Wrong. And wrong. You deliberatley mis-spelt it. As you admitted.

As with os many things you imagine that's incorrect.

The experiment sjhows the absurdity of the claim.

Wrong. As shown.

Really? Several messages? Not just one other crank (Pincho) posting?

On the contrary, I'm pointing out that your claims are false.

I'm not giving "my" viewpoint, I'm telling you what Schroedinger stated.

14. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Wrong! You Just don't grasp it. Good luck.

15. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

No, Dywyddyr is right, you stated you were deliberately spelling it wrongly, however it also appears you may have subsequently edited the post.

In so far as not being able to be bothered remembering how to spell his name, some of the things you were typing were longer than his name in the first place.

More over, you could have simply abbreviated his name to D. or Dy. (or similar).

Getting another posters name right does not require a huge effort, it is a simple matter of copying and pasting, and as for it containing no vowels, and being unpronouncable...

Cymraeg on Omniglot

Diŭiđir.

16. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Yes, Dwidityre is right, you did it on purpose.

17. kwhilborn Banned Banned

:wallbang: I am sad now!