Schools&Bullying

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by duendy, Nov 4, 2005.

1. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Take this statement at face value: The best thing that you can do right now is to treat me as a real human being with a normal amount of credibility. I haven't lied to you. I've challenged your viewpoint, and as you well know, that doesn't mean I'm wrong. If you want to talk, we can talk. Just please don't lay into anyone like that again.

You are aware of the different forms of conditioning, right? I'm not real good at the technicalese, but I know about experiments using dogs, rats, pigeons, and other animals that show that conditioned responses can be installed in animals. There are also experiments that show that it can be done to humans, and that this conditioning is often intractable. It doesn't help to suffer physical maladies that seem congruent with the conditioning. It also doesn't help to know that the humans you have to work with are often the same ones who caused the damage, and that they are basically not trustworthy. I've learned firsthand more about learned helplessness and phobias forced on a person than I ever wanted to know. Also, I've learned about the depths of vicious stupidity. Thankfully, EmptyForceOfChi, you seem to be without that particular property, although you had me worried for a while there.

I've got to tell you something about me and children, too. I've had to babysit before and I've dealt out punishments that involved very little vindictiveness and an absolute minimum of force. By this I mean that I would swat hard enough to sting, just a little, and very few times. Superior force only has to be shown. It does not have to be indulged in. Bullying is indulgence and overindulgence. So is child abuse. If a person must indulge, let it be in pleasant things like cakes and cookies and good books, or pizza, for crying out loud. I have also helped people rehabilitate their lives after they had run out of options and given up.

How to put you in my shoes? I don't remember winning a fight until I was 11 years old, and that was a bit of a cheat. I don't count the time I ambushed one little boy who had been hitting me a lot. I have no idea why he started on me, except that maybe I was the only one whose ass he could kick. So I took him by surprise and hurt him pretty badly. He was the only dipstick I got off my back in my first six years of school, and it helped a little. Come to think of it, there was the one whose head I managed to dash against the wall when I was about eight years old. The opportunity came about by accident, I didn't even know that I was going to take it, but it was the only chance that I ever had to do anything to him after the torture that he had put me through. I can't even remember if he had done anything to me that school year, but he put me through an entire year of extreme pain on the playground before that, and I have no idea why. When there are half a dozen together, come out of nowhere, and shove you around a circle, then one of them kicks you in the gut, the one whose head I eventually broke, there is absolutely no possibility of defending yourself. It may not have been every single day, but it was several times a week. Do you actually believe that I had a chance of standing up against the authority figures? If I so much as said a word, they slapped me with all their strength. If I actually did anything they found worse things to do to me.

I can't talk any more right now or I am going to take this entire computer apart and smash the pieces.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

wow ok thats me done your insulting more than your actually making valid points,

and i said go to theropy i didnt say im goign to be your personal shrink, your not bieng reasonable here so i dont see how i can further debate with this type of mind state your in,

you also need a functional way to vent your anger i suggest you find a good outlet, anger clouds your true vision,

peace

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

OK, it looks like my first assessment was right. I don't need to talk to you anymore.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

ok i wont post a reply because your computer is goign to be smashed so when i know you didnt smash it i will take time writing a reply to you, and thanks for replying with sense and not pure anger,

smashing your computer will solve nothing, dont do that, and it kinda soudned like when you defended yourself the bully stopped bullying you, because most bullies are cowards and only pick on weak people right? so if you show them your not weak they wotn pick on you, im going by the victims theories here, if they only pick on the weak in your opinions, then if your strong why would they pick on you?

become strong,

peace

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i wasnt replying to you witht hat post that was tot he angry girl nysse or something,

peace you missunderstood

9. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

Don't lecture me, please.

I'm not angry, I am annoyed, but not angry.
    Plus I use swear words alot.

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you still dont back your argument will sound evidenve or any structured points whatsoever, and you reply with insults, rudeness, and ignorance at times, you are so stuck in your own personal mentality that you cant even consider somebody elses point of view, that is a sign on ignorance, and simplicity working off raw emotion instead of reason and logic,

i have nothing against you personally, why do you come off with clear agression, you cant say you wasnt reacting out of anger, everyone reading your replys can clearly see, who is calm and who is emotionally answering from lack of mental discipline,

and you have a bad attitude im not supprised that you get spanked, if my child acted with that manner and tone with me, i would punish them aswell, you are clearly a young person with alot to learn, or an old person who is stubborn and stuck int here ways,

peace

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

no, she is just pissed off that you are spuhin ypur cocksure view that people deserve what they get from others who are aggressive, and offensive

you dude live by the myth of social darwinism. itisa particulalry evil myth. and was strongly reponsible for the genocide of Nazism!....trhe idea that certain pople are 'weak' and need exterminating so that the 'ubermensch'/'superman' can proliferate. it is a VILE VILE EVIL VILE myth which in its 'micro' form is school bullying, etc... yeah?

it is also the myth being played out on te world stage. you know--big fuck bully aerica goes and batters 'weak' Iraq why? why...cause it CAN. cause Iraq was naughty and was 'weak'....dig?

so YOURargument for'Iraq' is....'dont be so fukin week. next time be waiting wit a nuclear bomb' right?....that is your myth. not ours.

ps. see you '100%' agreed with uberschumck baronX in your othe 'strong vs weak' thread....wel that says it all. he is the eptitome of the social darwinist myth. he'd see all the poor dragged to the friggin gas camps that old bugger would!

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i dont agree on the war, but if you want to get down to it pure and simply,

if saddam wanted to do everything he did, then he must be prepared to have war,

i dont get what your saying here, you say saddam didnt deserve anything? wasnt saddam a bully aswell? and he got what he deserved,

look im saying my opinions, if you dont agree with them fair enough, but dont tell me im plain wrong, show me evidence that im wrong,

peace,

13. duendy Registered Senior Member

.....................................(*----

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

let me ask you a question,

are you saying self defence is wrong and people shouldent defend themselves physically?, your opinion is as it stands, as is mine but if i beat someone down because they punched me, are you saying im out of line? and wrong?.

peace,

15. duendy Registered Senior Member

no i a not saying that. i would ENCOUARAGE women, ifthey are able, to know how to defend themselves. there are simple thigs like stamping on the males or females foot arch, and of COURSE the most vulnerable male place--the bolloks....BUT not all women are able. maybe due to arthritus, whatever. sos..what are THEY to do? stay at home. get a gun...etc?

what i am rathe saying is...that your argument taken to its extreme actually justifies an escalating violent culture. which is being seen now in SCHOOLS. chidren are like sponges. their behaviour REFLECTS the cultural myth---in tis case , of social darwinism and violence. even the teaching METHODS are social darwinist-influenced!...so violence isn't just gettin your bones broken

look t the Statews. see how itis completely acceptable by many to own a gun, and use it if....
    see how that model is beginning here in UK, as gangsters more and more are shooting people. and the 'war against terrorism' is takin away ciivil liberities and we are seeing armed police everywhere

yes you can defend yourself IF you can. but try doing so if you are accosted by three thugs, especially carring knives, or guns....?

recently heard of tis black dude who was part of a hip hop act called 'Solid Crew'.....he was jealous of tis other bloke who was dating his ex. he attacked the 'rival' and rival won fight. so tis wannab gangst goes, gets a gun, and eventually kills the man

what we neeed to do is NOT create a myth which justifies a violent society. put your energies into that.then yo can see thru the hype

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

defending yourself against bullies is not just violence, its defence,

your own police force uses this tactic, its called fighting back ever heard of it?.

and what you discribed int he first sentance was self defence moves taught in gong fu training, so your saying martiala rts is good, because you just described some gong fu techniques that are simple to learn.

peace.

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPd

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

so are you saying learning how to defend yourself, and then defending yourself with force is a bad thing?,

peace

19. duendy Registered Senior Member

i just said, that if a person want s to defend themselves--tho NOT with knife or gun or any objewct of violence then that's up to them. theres also ways to act, way you walk, etc that can deflect being attacked....BUT MUC more importantly i not to just go along with your myth, which has brought us to this. understand. it is to SEE THROUGH THE MYTH and spread the word

a big part of th myth is school its self! the very institution breeds violence, as do many other institutions. but school is the major indoctrinating factory for the social darwinist myth of 'only the strong will survive'

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

if somebody attacks you in school and you cant run away and he is using a weopon, and you manage to dissarm him and you have his weapon, but he pulls out anouther weapon, would you use the weapon in him in self defence,? or risk him slashing you first possibly killing you?

peace

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, Duendy wouldn't defend himself with violence! He'd bow his head and say, "SEE THROUGH THE MYTH and spread the word." And after the guy cut his throat, he'd use his own blood to write those magic words on the floor ..."SEE THROUGH THE MYTH and spread the word"!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And, of course, in Duendy's mythical world .....we'd then all live happily everafter in peace and harmony. ....LOL!

Baron Max

22. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

What do you mean evidence? I see this shit every day, that’s enough evidence for me.

You are the one calling people that don’t, or can’t, defend themselves “superpasive pussies”, Empty.
    You are the one being ignorant; thinking unless someone possesses a medical condition, or disability, that there is no excuse for them to be weak.

Ha! I’m stuck in my own personal mentality? As opposed to you?
    And I have considered your point of view, Empty, I just don’t agree with it.

Yes, how exceedingly fucking stupid of me, of course it’s my fault I get “spanked”, if that is what you want to call it, I obviously bring it upon myself.
    You have no goddamn idea what you are talking about here, Empty, so just keep your opinions and bullshit justifications to yourself on this one, yeah?

23. duendy Registered Senior Member

probably a waste of time even attempting to get through to you...ut for others

yes...who knows what a person will do when attacked. we all have instinct to survive. howeve some people become paralyzed, and theres nutin u can do if 2-3 etc rthugs are kicking your unconscious body as its lying on the floor

what i am saying is that--yeah we can go on and on and on about te ways we can defend ourselves, but that is a superficial way of seeing the problem of escalating violencei society

this tread is bout schools and bullying. it'd be like just tellin te kids 'yeah, this is te real world. schools gonna/or IS like death row, so you may as well learn how to kill, bring weapons ' etc etc

i am saying no. learn about the myth of all this. Empty's myth is social darwinism. tat tis culture of violence is inevitable...so te only thing we can do is learn martical arts, and blame the victims of bullying for not goin to his classes.....that attitude is extremely short sighted and superficial. an is refelcted in world at large
    where we now have superbully USA bullying its way round the world wit its nuclear potential, and depleted uranium tipped weapons etc...........

i dont want your world Empty and bmax. it is as ugly as sin. i can see right thru your sad myth