Schizophrenia: Where do the voices come from?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by fruityfigtree, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I do think that you would objectively need to demonstrate that people can receive your thoughts and recite them back word for word before anyone would even consider "disproving" you. A demonstration using a simple video camera, yourself, and random strangers walking down the street would more than suffice. Obviously, you would never be able to do it and due to the nature of the delusions that schizoprenia causes, it doesn't matter what anyone tells you or if reality contradicts you right to your face. You will believe in the delusion until your mind is clear (if ever).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fruityfigtree Grace strengthens the will Registered Senior Member

My brain seems to be highly imaginative as well. Once I was off my medication and I had other hallucinations (besides auditory hallucinations). I was feeling like I was being attacked by people who were astrally projecting into my room. I started killing them by imagining I could emit balls of flame from my hands. Then I imagined a protective force field around me and I saw it as something like a hammer was trying to break through it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Okay.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

You aren't crazy. We imagine the same things. Ever heard of synchronicity?

Try whistling at the boy when you see him. Hear his thought, tap your foot. Watch him react. Pick up his thought, make tap, and watch reaction. Practice your rhythm. Every time you pick up a thought of another whistle at it.

Who are your attackers?

8. fruityfigtree Grace strengthens the will Registered Senior Member

Nope

lol

don't know, just people. but i had a sense that the president of my country was amongst them....hahahaha (that's crazy)

9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Where are you from?

10. fruityfigtree Grace strengthens the will Registered Senior Member

South Africa

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

12. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Meanwhile...somewhere in South Africa...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20121114/Exposure-to-uranium-may-increase-lupus-rates.aspx

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1962250

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013