Schizophrenia or something mystical?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by ryanjg, May 30, 2004.

1. ryanjg Registered Member

I had a very interesting experience:

About a week ago, late at night (or early in the morning if you prefer), I was reading some Nietzche. As is normal for me when reading Nietzche, it didn't take more than 2 pages before I put the book down in deep contemplation, writing down some of my thoughts on paper. I was at the point of pulling my hair out, realizing the futility of my battle against the Will to Conclude, when I suddenly came upon a "sensation" within my own mind.

I submitted to the sensation, not judging it, not liking it or disliking it. I'm not sure what the mental sensation was, but eventually after holding on to it for long enough, I experienced a mental event that was very alien and frightening. At first, it seemed as though my thought and perception of that thought were actually in order, not being decieved, or something like that. It felt like I became my thought, in a way...I felt very intense and very malicious sensations and emotions, that didn't seem to be made by me. At that point, I sensed things within my own mind and, later, outside of mind in the world that seemed exterior to myself, even though later I concluded that I must have fabricated them myself. Everything seemed malicious. Reality itself seemed like a dense grid of spikes trying to bind me, threatening to extinguish me.

I turned on the TV, and I became very frightened when I got to channels where the person was talking into the camera, it felt as though they were somehow advancing on me in some way, threatening me. If I believed in any of that kind of ghost hocus pocus, I would have thought I was being visited by a premonition, because I sensed "presences" that I now think were probably all just in my head.

Last night, I had another interesting experience where my mind seemed to be autonomously toying with dimensional perceptions as I watched passively....but this post is getting a bit long I can elaborate on that later. I was just wondering if anyone knew enough to relate this experience to schizophrenia and/or eastern mysticism...it felt like both.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exsto_human Transitional Registered Senior Member

You'll scoff at this for sure, and I don't care if you do, but it sounds kind of like you were channeling a negative entity.

Did you experience any time lapse?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ryanjg Registered Member

Nope, no time lapse...I was very alert during the experience.

What do you mean exactly by negative energy?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exsto_human Transitional Registered Senior Member

entity. But never mind, I don't feel like argueing with anyone.