Save Sciforums

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Avatar, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Roman Banned Banned

I'd throw in a hundred dollars, if there was a mechanism that allowed me to contribute.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

Roman, all you have to do is click the "donate now »" link and have your credit card ready

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

Well, that's the problem, isn't it!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

I don't have any plastic, just cash and a checking account.

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Porfiry,

Check your pm's.

Roman,

A checking account generally indicates a debit card. A debit card is plastic. Even if you don't have a debit card, your account has routing numbers and these routing numbers are the preferred method of transaction with paypal apparently. They're the numbers at the bottom of the check with the funny symbols around them. Paypal tells you how to find them. Pretty easy. Once you do that, they deposit a couple of miniscule amounts into your account. You have to contact your bank to find out what deposits were received (or wait for your statement...) and when you verify the account this way, your paypal account is verified and you're good to go.

Easy, peasy, japaneasy.

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

you mean to tell me that all i have to do is go to the bank and tell them i want to donate to the cause?

remember i have no bank account or paypal account

10. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I have been meaning to donate for ages but kept putting it off. Come on people, I didn't donate much but it will all help. Stop putting it off and donate, this place is worth a great deal.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

An American without a bank account or credit card?

How do you pay for your internet connection then? Or utilities?

12. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Money orders? Cash on the barrel?

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

ever hear of cash?

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The only thing I heard in the US since I got here, that I am nothing because I don't have a credit history. The only way to have a credit history is to have credit cards, debts etc.

So I am just curious how you managed to go through life being a 'nobody'.

15. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Well, if you believe you are a nobody just because you don't have a credit history, then I have some ocean-front property for sale cheap in Arizona. Interested?

Also, I stopped paying my credit cards off in 1997. $15,000 or so. Said fuck 'em. So, for seven years, I had a horrible credit report. Now, I too have no credit history. However, I did get a credit card, through my bank, about a year ago. I've never used it however. Which is what I wish more people would learn to do. You sure as hell don't "need" them to live in this society. Yet.

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

you don't need a credit card to buy groceries, pay your utilities, or to buy anything. and to be perfectly honest i could care less what anybody thinks about me, the only person i have to please is myself.

a credit card is just another way for the government to keep tabs on you
    drivers licenses are the same thing, and to a lesser extent social security cards
    i rather like being a nobody

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I noticed I had to pay deposits for everything (because i had no credit history). And if I gave my passport as an ID many people got lost. They had never seen a foreign passport. hehe...

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Oh yeah...and Bell South never wanted to even go into business with me if I didn't call a special company first that checked my credit history.

I politely said I wouldn't bother, because I don't have a history. They insisted I call the credit history checking company first. I said goodbye.

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

my isp accepts money orders. i don't need a credit card to pay my internet bill

20. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

I've never heard of that before, probably because you're a foreigner and this country has some kind of aversion to people who "talk funny". And no, you don't need credit cards, I have no history and I have no problems buying the things I need.

Only if you're trying to buy a car, rent an apartment, basically anything that you will have to make payments on. Since they have no credit history, they are taking a "risk" by doing business with you, so the deposit is a way for them to still come out on "top" if you flake out on payments or something.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I needed deposite also for GRU (utilities), and internet connection for instance.

But whatever.

I was just interested how leopold did it and how easy it was.

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Rhyming game for 'fans' of Jaybee, please continue with your own relevant verse

There was a young man named Jaybee
    who had just one small teste

as a result
    of this fault

he had no choice but to try
    to insinuate and imply

that his balls were as big as his head.............

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

yes deposits
    i needed a deposit for my telephone and internet but not for my water
    quarkmoon spelled it out for you.
    a deposit is pretty much required for everything you make payments on

i have noticed that when you rent you usually have to pay a damage deposit as well as the first and sometimes last months rent