Sarah Palin's New Book "Going Rogue"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandy Banned Banned

Sarah Palin's most consequential choice since leaving the Governor's Mansion may be her co-author - a staunch conservative, devoted evangelical Christian, and intensely partisan Republican from far, far outside the Beltway.
    Oooo-that's gonna make the libs hyperventilate. They LOVE women like that!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Lynn Vincent spent the summer working with Palin on a closely-guarded 400 page memoir, "Going Rogue: An American Life." The book is due out from HarperCollins November 17 - but it shot to the top of the Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble bestseller lists Wednesday as word of its publication spread.

Vincent's past projects include co-writing the memoir of General William Boykin, who blasted the media and President George W. Bush alike for ending his career over his casting the war on terror in overtly religious terms. Her most political book, "Donkey Cons," describes the Democratic Party since its inception as "pro-gangster" and the "party of treason and subversion." Her work for World Magazine, where she was an editor, includes a description of President Barack Obama as the "minority survivor" of the "black genocide" - that is, abortion...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0909/Palins_coauthor.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

That's probably because people want to see if she can write a coherent sentence.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Very true - guaranteed sales of a half million, to the fundie crowd, and the base of a big advance. They buy a lot of books, and even read some of them. Palin is now reasonably wealthy in her own right.

The churches also make a good laundry for the political money - money donated to a church for buying books is a tax writeoff.

However, that was almost certainly a choice made before leaving the Governor's mansion. Palin is not the type to give up a gravy train unless a richer one comes along.
    The whole summer? My gosh, that's a lot of work for just one little book. But it's probably a really important one, so she wanted to do an extra special good job.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sandy Banned Banned

I could say the exact same thing about Obama. And didn't he write a book before he was elected?
    Palin's book is already a best-seller and it doesn't even have a jacket yet! That is infuriating the liberals.

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

WROTE - not commissioned.

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It's Lynn Vincent's book, and we "liberals" have been watching you fundies shovel your money at this kind of stuff and allow yourselves to be used like this for many years now. When we're young, we sometimes react with fury at the profiteering of scam artists - as we age, we consider the wisdom of PT Barnum.

10. John99 Banned Banned

WOW. that was fantastic.

11. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

In fairness, the dumbest guy at the US Naval Academy is still probably pretty intelligent. It's a bit harder to get into than a community college, if you haven't heard.

12. sandy Banned Banned

Ayers wrote Obama's book. Obama is not eloquent. His addiction to teleprompters proves that.
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=110781
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/who_wrote_dreams_from_my_fathe_1.html
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/evidence_mounts_ayers_cowrote.html
    I could say the same about Obama.

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Unsubstaintiated nonsense.
    Show me real evidence - not biased assertions.

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Obama's a talker, but gotta hand it to the writer, Going Rogue has an ice ring. Should have been the neo-neocon battle-cry in 2008. Except they might have won with that.

15. John99 Banned Banned

post #85 is debatable. i know what you are going to say but it is a technicality.

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

It is very clearly stated that he is talking about her opinons.
    What's to debate?

17. John99 Banned Banned

opinions are personal.:bugeye:

18. sandy Banned Banned

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

20. John99 Banned Banned

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I understand it her book has 400 pages. That is a big book by most standards. I wonder what she discusses and if she includes any photos? It sounds like they are confident it is going to be a best seller.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I suppose it was too much to assume she reads. (and she couldn't even make anything up)

23. John99 Banned Banned

well that is the point. why should i give someone an answer to a meaningless\loased question that many people would just bs about anyway?

i would have said: 'i only read comic books and cook books etc.' with a straight face and then it would be in all the headlines.

omg, he said comic books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.