sam's trollish nature

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Roman, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandy Banned Banned

Just wondering...If anyone changed their avatar to a picture of Mohammed with a vile tag/sig, what would happen?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I did. See my avatar? That's Muhammad, and that's what he thinks of the state of the fucking planet at this point.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why is it vile? Jesus was a Muslim according to us, a raghead by American definition and he was crucified as a terrorist, since everyone was afraid of his ideas.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's true, she should try and control herself better. Every thread becomes something about the evil USA, and how we bombed children or killed the Native Americans. Not that it's false, but it's so tedious. Then we get the tired responses about how life in India sucks, or Muslims are bad.

I think she's a fine person, sincere and compassionate, but she has earned her nickname.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

For you it may be tedium, for me its war at our doorsteps.

Which one should I be concerned with?

9. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I actually enjoy having conversations with Sam; but only the ones that don't end up with her pointing the finger at the U.S. for whatever outlandish reason or another.

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

It does get somewhat annoying how she always brings the Evil US into everything.
    But, she's just the flip side to the coin of people always bringing in Evil Christianity or Evil Islam or Evil Theists or Evil Snugglebunnies.

She's sure as hell not alone, is what I'm trying to say.

11. Myles Registered Senior Member

12. Myles Registered Senior Member

I suggest you explain to him who Hercules was.

13. mountainhare Banned Banned

Roman:
    Because she's a moderator and forum pet, and the left wing nutters on this forum lap up her shit like dogs to gravy. Sure, it's bigoted flame, but it's bigoted flame that they like. The entire mod team (excluding Q) leaps to her defense whenever someone dares criticise her.

Bells has actually once whined that we should stop 'lynching' her (apparently two or more people engaging in uncoordinated verbal criticism of the same individual qualifies as 'lynching'.) It's a pity that none of the moderators engaged in a similar intervention during the continuous lynching and harassment of Ron Harvey (aka. perplexity), which was the golden example of a verbal lynching.

But here's irony for you: I was banned for 2 weeks for 'flaming' and 'reposting a deleted flame' (complete bullshit), by SAM. Yep, I'll just let that sink in for a moment. SAM banned ME for flaming. The fact of the matter is that the moderators abuse their powers when personality clashes occurs, and/or views which don't suit their fancy are expressed.

Now, let's all wait for the typical mod squad response: That is, call us whiners. Whenever there is a legitimate complaint which they don't want to hear, brand the individual/s complaining as 'whiners'. Democracy at work.

Seriously, can you imagine these people in customer service in a proper business?

"Listen, I'm ringing up to complain about the conduct of one of your store managers when I asked for either a refund or exchange on this faulty toaster."

"What? You're complaining about a fucking toaster? Stop whining, you fucking cunt!"

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

Light gigantic posted the most halarious thing.

15. Gustav Banned Banned

i find the hare's take on shit to be very accurate. he understands more than most the sop of the mod team.

this is really the true failing of sci. the culture of corruption within the mod team. the cues are always taken and adopted from whoever is the ceo.

porf was a little bitch. plazma has yet to settle down. time will tell in his case. i remain optimistic

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The Stooges post was excellent, LG. Well done.:thumbsup::roflmao:

17. sandy Banned Banned

Jesus was a Jew. Not a raghead. And not a terrorist. Again I ask: if someone posted their avatar as Mohammed with a vile tag/sig, what would happen?

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I'm curious. Do you view my post above as 'leaping to her defense'? I've attacked her several times for her 'evil USA' garbage. All I'm saying is that she's not alone in this type of behavior. In fact, you mentioned one of the worst offenders in your post. He's her diametric opposite, you might say. I bet they'd have crazy sex if they ever got together.

Also. This:
    Smashes into this:
    In a most jarring fashion.

See. A common problem when dealing with posters who also happen to be moderators is that you can't seem to get past their moderator status even if it has no bearing on the discussion at hand.
    I didn't post above (or now) as a moderator. I'm just posting as myself. Presenting my personal opinion. Just as you are. I'm not part of a 'mod team leaping to the defense'. That's ridiculous.

Ron was a scumbag who deserved worse than he received.

Wow.
    A mod banned you for flaming?!
    Gasp!
    The shock!
    The horror!

Uhm.
    That's what mods do.

Well, personally I think that mods should leave the banning to admin/supermods except in extreme cases or spammers. But, it's not that outrageous an idea even though I'm against it.

Anyway. I'm sure you meant to impart some context to your post but failed. You're obviously saying your banning was unwarranted. Got a link or were the posts removed?

I definitely agree that if a moderator is involved in a thread as a poster then he/she should likely be extremely cautious in moderating it. If engaged in a dispute with a poster the best course of action would be to let another mod(s) review the case and make an impartial judgement. Even the best can get caught up in shit and fail to remain impartial.

Well. This isn't a business. You're not a customer. And we're not customer service. So, the metaphor kinda falls flat.

Anyway. I find it kinda funny. The whole bash the moderator thing. Gustav demanding to see the private forum and whatnot. I wonder what he's say if he saw some of the discussions in there and who was defending who? For instance, the prime discussion taking place at the moment is not at all the one that he thinks it is. I think he would be rather abashed to actually discover what it is. I hope he does learn what it is soon enough. It looks like it's going to go through.

/doom

19. Gustav Banned Banned

bah
    i am not that unimaginative
    as a reg poster i have a predefined role
    i cannot adopt a conciliatory tone even if justified
    i adopt an extreme position as you guys do
    then we find common ground
    it is how we negotiate shit

i do not dwell on anything unverifiable
    it is a waste of time
    if you mods have something to say
    come out and say it

i like sci
    i like the mods
    however, these are issues you create
    take fucking responsibility

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  20. Gustav Banned Banned

vert

for fuck sake if it is doom, advise caution
    sci should persevere as it has
    do not be rash

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Muahahahaha!!!

22. Gustav Banned Banned

23. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Mostly it's that Robert Powell photo you got up there.
    LoL

Term already existed to describe fellow Americans who wear seemingly purposeless headgear...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Terrorist seems a bit inaccurate to me. Insurgent or Rebel seems to fit better, at least as far as what he was perceived as by the Romans.
    Also, the priests of the other Jewish sects he kept pissing off might have been afraid of his ideas - after all, he was pretty much saying they were superfluous parasites impeding rather than facilitating salvation. I think the Romans were mainly concerned that the tax money they were squeezing out of the region keep rolling in.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.