Same sex marriage officialy legal through all of Canada Today

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Mystech, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

With regard to marriage, homos DO have equal rights!

Straight males can't marry males, gay males can't marry males.

Perfectly equal rights ....no discrimination at all.

Oh, you've got me wrong ...I think homos should be allowed to suck dick and fuck male assholes all they want to, but that has little or nothing to do with the marriage laws! Just because you think sucking dick and fucking assholes is fun, why should that have anything to do with marriage??

There is no discrimination in the marriage laws against homos ....none!

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

See, that's your problem.......in order to fight something you need an action. I'm posting my opinion only. I will not get involved in any process against them or for them. What will be will be.
    Once again putting words...................I said you have no definitive proof. I don't need it....I already sleep good at night.
    I'm not qualified to answer that question either.
    I do not fear anyone or anything. I never said that I dislike homosexuals... I said that I think they're (practice of sex)
    Disgusting - To excite nausea or loathing in; sicken.
    To offend the taste or moral sense of; repel. Profound aversion or repugnance excited by something offensive.

This is a fool topic. So I've been acting accordingly.
    You're crossing the line Bells.... Do not ever tell me that I'm lying! I have no reason to. I put it here for exactly the reasons I said! I haven't flipped a damn thing.....In the end you're the one who keeps agreeing with me...Prove my sides flipped anywhere in this post!
    I actually would agree of the abolition of marriage between non-white and european american....I think that they were on to something there. True opinion! So no I would not be outraged.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Yes I'm sure you do..

My my my... So which one is meant as a conversation piece and which one is not? Oh and you can actually click on the links I provided for you. You might actually stun us all and learn something.

No you are not.

You don't hate them but you think their sex life is disgusting? Alrighty then! Nice to know that hypocrisy still abounds...

I think I'm going to 'puke'... (for lack of a better term)... Tell me, was this for "conversation" as well? Or are you trying to fit in better with the racist clique on these forums?

And I do realise you seem to be fondly attached to dictionary.com, but there is no need to keep posting the meanings to each long word you use. We do know what they mean and if you need constant clarification in regards to their definition, might I suggest you open it in another window for your own reference?

Oh good grief! Did I say you were lying? I said that you made a mistake. Look up your favourite online dictionary and see the difference.

And you think I am agreeing with you? Heh! Again, might I suggest you brush up your comprehension skills before participating in debates online. And I don't need to prove how much you've flipped, be it in regards to which side you've been on in this argument or in any other sense. It is quite obvious when one reads your posts.

Interesting! The question I was actually asking was whether you would find it offensive and disturbing if non-white Americans were prevented from marrying altogether, but never mind...

Why divide indeed! So tell me Reighn, why don't you think that whites and non-whites should marry? Have you told your mother this? Do you have a problem with races mixing? If so, why ask the question of "why divide" in the other thread and then say that they should be kept apart in this thread? Is this for "conversational" purposes again? Or are you again trying to fit in with the racist set in these forums? So much for your claims earlier that you are "colourblind" and telling others that they should be as well...

Or was this said merely for "conversation" as well?

So, in regards to your comments in this thread, you would not be outraged if you were told that you could not marry at all? Be it to any individual? I understand from another post that you don't appear to believe in marriage at all, but just for argument's sake... you would not be upset or angry if all non-whites in the US were told that they were not allowed to marry anyone because they were not white?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

For the hundreth time, to slap the stupidness, yet again, out of that comment you preach over and over, that is NOT a right but rather a discriminating limitation to BOTH hetero and homosexuals. "Rights" and "can't" cannot exist in the same sentence of law as they contradict each other. You don't seem to know what a right is.

The only time "can't", or rather, "not" would be a right would be if it was said that you have the right to NOT marry a male, while at the same time saying you also have the right TO marry a male. The same applies to anything such as tieing shoes. I have the right NOT to tie my shoes, but then I also have the right TO tie my shoes. Now if it's expected that a person can ONLY wear shoes that have their laces untied, therefore saying you CAN'T tie your shoes, then that's a limitation on the rights of someone who doesn't want their laces tied, and this is the case in the laws of marriage.

- N

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

How is finding homosexuals disgusting not a case of disliking them? Let's try putting you in their shoes for you to better understand. How about I say that I don't dislike blacks, I just find them disgusting because their dry nappy hair stinks especially when they put their moisturizing formula in it. I betcha you'd call me a racist for that just as other's would call you a homophobe for your comments. Maybe that'll help you understand since it'll hit closer to home.

Edit:

I just noticed the problem in the communication. You said "I think they're (practice of sex) disgusting". You're using "they're" incorrectly. By using "they're", you're saying THEY ARE disgusting in general, referring to homosexuals. That's why your statement sounds so silly because you're saying "I don't dislike homosexuals, I just find them disgusting". You should be using "their" and take "practice of sex" out of parenthesis so that it becomes "I think their practice of sex is disgusting" which means you find their practice of sex disgusting rather than homosexuals in general. Well, heh, unless you DO mean both?

- N

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

When did marriage become a "right" and not a simple legal union between a man and a woman?

Marriage is a "right"??? Since when? And even if you somehow claim that it is a "right", where did that "right" come from? Who conferred it upon us? And when?

Is marriage noted in the Constitution as a "right"? Where?

Baron Max

Ooh ...forgot to add the reminder:

Straight males can't marry males, gay males can't marry males.

Perfectly equal rights ....no discrimination at all.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  10. Bells Staff Member

No you are correct. Marriage is not really a "right" as such in the US Constitution. It is not guarranteed in the US Constitution. However it is a sanctioned right given by each individual State. And under said "rights" those who are married are granted certain protections and benefits. Now when the Court in certain States ruled that denying homosexuals the right to marry was unconstitutional, what does the Government do? That's right, they ammend the law to ensure that said privileges and rights are now denied to one group residing within that State... However, Ammendment XIV (Section 1) of the Federal Constitution states:

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States"...

Hmmm..

The words of Chief Justice Earl Warren in the landmark case of Loving vs. Virginia 388 U.S. 1 (1967) still rings in my ear...

“The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men. Marriage is one of the ‘basic civil rights of man,’ fundamental to our very existence and survival.”

Imagine that...

11. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

The only reason why marriage has anything to do with law is due to the government tax breaks that come along with it. That's why they say what they say in regards to marriage as they're paying the bills for em. People can marry whom they wish otherwise, they just don't get the government perks. I can guarantee you that if tax breaks were no longer given for marriage, the amendments would be removed and people would be free to marry whom they choose, as crazy a combination of those involved as you can think of. However, the less people able to marry, the more money the government keeps. Then there's the whole forcing of religious dogma too.

- N

12. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Well, some 15 year olds are capable of shooting a gun and fighting in the Army, but the US doesn't let them. The requirements the Army has make sure its soldiers have the some ablity, which is not to say that all those in the Army deserve to be there. Some get by the initial requirements but fail in action.

13. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I actually agree that if someone is qualified in a job, they should be allowed to do it. Unfortunately we have a stupid blanket law that says only someone of the age of 18 or older is an adult. I also find it amusing how one can be of the age to die for one's country but not be legal to drink.

Age doesn't make one an adult but rather maturity does and nor does it mean one of adult age is mature. So if that younger person is mentally mature to deal with the situations of the job, then hey, go for it. I hate stupid blanket laws but unfortunately most people prefer the easy way out. Quantity over quality, I guess.

And if the duty of marriage is to be able to create and raise children, why aren't couples that choose to not have children or cannot have children due to reproductive problems banned from marriage? And why is divorce even allowed? Once one divorces, the raising of a child is now put in jeopardy. And what of those that get married just for the perks? Or what about homosexuals that marry the opposite sex and create a child, but then live with their more preferred homosexual partner? Let's face it, there is NO logical reason to limit marriage between only a man and woman. For any reason that is thought of, it either places more limitations on people, or the reasoning gets shot down in an instant.

- N

14. vslayer Registered Senior Member

how many times will you pull this out and have it shot down before you put it away for good?

straight males can marry their preferred gender, gay males cannot currently marry their preferred gender in your country. you cant say that your stament is equal. because the emotional factor is different. its like having apples, and oranges, both are equally good fruit, but some people prefer oranges, antd some prefer apples. if you reasoning was applied, and the eating of apples was not allowed. then would that be equal, the people who like apples are deprived of the right to eat a food they enjoy. while the people who like oranges retain that right

15. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

surprisingly bells, you can actually rear a child without someone else having to tell you how and why. In reference about a child's mind and thinking can not provide ANY definitve proof.....I could tell you the story about a child who did notice that his family member just wasn't quite normal like other men! but why? There never was or ever will be definitive proof of either case. Can you leave it alone now or should you continue on your quest to annoy me? Oh and it's all for conversation. That's why I say it's my opinion only! :bugeye:
    What I'm doing is being Reighnstorm! What are you doing? I can laugh in the face of my enemies because I fear no one. It seems to me that you don't know how to do that yet!

I don't seem to be... I am.. very fond of it. Might I ask....no tell you ..... to stop suggesting (polite way of demanding) on what to do! I don't assume to know anything about people on this site. Mind your own post. I might suggest to you..... that you talk to much about anything. Your post are wayyyy tooooo loooong and you spend much of it repeating yourself! You've proven to me that you don't know the meaning of all the words you use because they're always misplaced....need clarification??

Yes you did! Look

That's plainly calling me a liar!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, and that's how all of the federal laws were enacted!

Read that again, Bells ...read it carefully. It specifically states that no STATE shall ...... The new law was NOT a state law, but a federal law. And the federal laws take precedent over STATE laws.

SC Warren can state his opinion if he wants to ...but it don't change the laws of the law!

I just don't think that gays and lesbians should be permitted to marry. There! That's my opinion ...and it's just as good as SC Justice Warren's.

Another thing that's interesting; The social security funds pay a certain percentage of the "husband's" benefits to the "wife" of the deceased "husband" ....how are we to fix that benefit for gays? Will one of the gays be the "designated wife"??

Great! You now admit it ...thank you. And you can see, right, that "we, the people" can bestow the legal designation of "marriage" to whoever the fuck we want to. And, apparently, "we, the people" don't want to give that "right" to gays and lesbians. So be it.

Baron Max

17. Bells Staff Member

Baron Max

All I will say to you is this Baron... One day, you will learn the difference between State laws and Federal laws, as well as the difference between rights and privileges granted by each of the individual State Constitutions and those granted by the Federal Constitution.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, Bells, I sure hope I learn it all, too. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Baron Max

19. okinrus Registered Senior Member

In many cases, those that are not able to have children adopt children. In any case, it's not the only duty, just one of the duties.

Yes, divorce puts the raising of a child in jeopardy, but if the marriage is truly disfunctional, then perhaps it might be what is best for the child.

It's impossible for the state to weed these people out.

I don't get where your going here. While they were married, they created a child, but when they divorced, they will have no more children.

There's no logical reason to limit marriage between two people.

20. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

shhh, don't tell nobody!

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, really? And that would include marriage between a man and his daughter? ...a woman and her son? ...a sister and brother? And, oh, yeah, how 'bout between a 30-yr old man and 17.95-yr old woman?

Baron Max

22. okinrus Registered Senior Member

What I was saying is if limiting marriage to be between a man and a woman is illogical, then limiting marriage to be between two people is also illogical. The failure to accept cultural norms and faith-based arguments makes both limitations illogical.