Saddam Hussain will rule for another 7 years

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Seeker01, Oct 16, 2002.

1. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Yeah but selling someone WMDs, and then invading them for posessing WMDs? Come on.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

uh huh.

the guys in control used to be considered "the crazies", even.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

There's numerous laws like that here in the U.S. Take police radar gun detectors, for example. Legal to buy and sell, but if you have one in your car, it's illegal. Or the plant salvia divinorum; legal to buy, sell, and grow, but if consumed by a human, it's illegal, heh.

- N

8. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Yeah, that could be the case....but then who has more WMDs than anyone else on the entire planet? Are the USA going to invade themselves next?

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Apparently Israel has nukes. Maybe the US could invade them next.

10. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

To Neildo (and Buffalo Roam):

Thanks Neildo for your well documented post at 15 past the hour. Buffalo Roam wanted proof - you sure gave it to him. In my post I could only speak from personnal indirect knowledge that US supplied Saddam with satellite photos showing the locations of Iranian troops, back when Saddam was one of US's "good guys."

(He became a "bad guy" when he tried to sell oil for Euros, instead of dollars.)

I almost feel sorry for Buffalo. When I was searching for my post below, I noticed that his defense of Israel's current rampage of war crimes in Lebanon has been reduced to "show the proof" - no attempts to counter the facts, he only trys to suggest they are not firmly proven. (I noted "show proof" was his only feeble reply six times!)

As he has not even given his "show proof" to my post replying to him on 6 Aug at 12 past the hour in thread " Israel uses Phosphorus bombs" of this forum, I repost it here (perhaps he missed it):

Buffalo had said:
    "...it the people that keep attacking Israel, {1}kidnapping their people, {2}suicide bombing their children, {3}launching rocket into Israel, the people that insist on constant warfare no matter who has to die..."

and I replied:
    Buffalo - I understand that in your view Israel can do no wrong, but this is a little much. Too one sided a distortion of the facts.

(1) In kidnapping, Israel is the king:

Even only counting the elected members of the Palestinian government, Israel hold a 3 to 1 advantage. The same day the first Israeli soldier was captured, two business men were kidnapped from their beds in Gaza. (I think they have now been released) I am not sure but think it was an error, as they were not even Palestinian, just foreigners in Gaza trying to make some money, but that is beside the point. - Kidnapping is kidnapping, regardless of the person taken, unless you call taking a soldier "capturing." As Isreal has only lost 3 soldiers, I assume you want to retain the "kidnap" terminology for all, but there does seem to me to be a difference, not with credit to Israel.

In any case, the "kidnap ratio" is at least 30 to 1 in Israel's favor.

(2) True, Israel does no use suicide bombers. Instead Israel used F-16 bombers:

Again Only counting the innocent Brazilians* killed by Israel in last three weeks by F-16s in Lebanon, the kill ratio is about 1 to 1!
    If only innocent kids less than 13 years old are counted, the kill ratio is about 200 to 1 OR PERHAPS INFINITE, as I am not sure any Israeli child has yet died in the last 3 weeks. (There was a CNN report that a father and son in their car, which took a direct rocket hit, were killed, but the age of son was not given, as I recall.)

The difference in "Bombing Technology" is mainly due to Israel's superior US-supplied equipment. (I will grant that if the tables were turned, Israel could also find people willing to die instead of only push buttons from the safety of 30,000 feet, so I do not say there is any difference in courage.)

In any case, the kill ratio for innocents is at least 50 to 1** in Israelā€˜s advantage.

(3)"Launching Rocket into Israel" vs "Lobbing 155 caliper shell into Lebanon:"

Both these systems for delivering HE on your enemy are approximately equally deadly, but the Israel system is much more likely to put the HE and its metal shrapnel close to target (a few meters vs. a kilometer or more). Both accuracy and quantity of HE delivered are important. When this is considered, the smaller quantity of HE in each of Israel's US supplied system is more lethal. As for quantities of HE delivered each day, Israel holds at least a 3,000 to 1 advantage.

In any case, this is an over all 5,000 to 1 advantage for Israel.

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO PLACE THE BLAME ON THE SIDE THAT DOES THE MOST:

(1)Killing of innocents
    (2)Kidnapping, and
    (3)Lobbing of HE ?

-----------------------------------------
    *The Brazilian government has been able to get 290 Brazilians (a few men there on busness, but mainly tourist and people visiting relatives) out, but approximately 50 are unaccounted for. Perhaps the Brazilian dead count is higher than currently known.

**Here I am assuming the 11 or 12 Israelis just killed were NOT soldiers. - Most reports indicate they were newly called up reservist, poorly trained. If that is the case, then the "innocent kill ratio" is at least 100 to 1 in Israel's favor.

10Aug addition: It was 12 soldiers. 15 more Israeli soldiers died yesterday, so perhpas now Isreal has killed only 40 innocent people in Lebanon for each Israeli soldier that has died. On average, the Nazi killed about 20 in their "collective punishment" in occupied France for each German soldier killed by French resistance fighters. Israel should be ashamed to kill a greater than Nazi ratio of innocents in its current "collective punishment"

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2006
  11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

it happened in 2000 with the republicans taking the executive branch.

selected, not elected.

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

They have. The government is at war with its citizens. Bye bye, Rights.

Peek-a-boo.

- N

13. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Are u following me?

Neildo u r at war with yourself, breathe deeply, think of england, relaxed good.

14. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Well, tomorrow I'll be headin' down to Santa Monica and eating at Ye Olde King's Head. That's some real good fish 'n chips I tell ya. Love the batter. A shepherd's pie too!

Perhaps I'll go grab a UJ newspaper there too.

Mmm, ze Motherland..

- N

15. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Ah santa monica, thats wear jimbo, james garner filmed the rockford files, i can see that pier now, clean air, the smell of the sea, the smell of fish & chips, u do know how to make me jealous, all i have to smell in bangkok is nothing but smog, as the 2 billion cars here climb over eachother.

I hate fucking cars & i hate fucking smog, & i hate fucking oil, they should all be banned....

16. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Heh, Rockford Files.. old show. They filmed a lot of their stuff and had their storylines where I live in Oxnard. Usually when a show is filmed near the beach and it supposedly takes place in or around LA, it's actually further up the coast here.

- N

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Billy T, I have been providing the proof it yor turn, why should I have to do all the work?

18. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

U r very lucky, yeah i remember Oxnard, rocky from the rockford files was supposed to go to Oxnard, to buy one of those big trucks in one episode, it was a running joke in the episode cause they never had time to go there.

Rock. Files My favourite tv show & favourite all time tv music, along with the hawaii five O tune, and fawlty towers of course.

19. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i used to frequent the promenade in santa monica quite a bit...there was a novelty store that had a lifesize "pinhead" statue from the hellraiser movies...i always wanted it, but was always about 2000 dollars short, no matter how a scratched and saved...

i saw that old man go on his driving spree a few years back.

20. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

21. Genji Registered Senior Member

Is that the new Jesus?

22. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

nieldo...not quite..this was pinhead standing up, holding the box.

cool bust though.

genji....We have such sights to show you......