Sad, I know...Enterprise

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by esp, Jan 7, 2002.

1. esp Registered Senior Member

Enterprise is about to air for the first time in the UK.

I couldn't help but remember the dedication plaque on the bridge of 1701-D.

'The fifth starship to bear the name.'

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I know what you mean but maybe they dont count the enterprise NX-01 as a starship. Maybe since the new show deals with time travel Captain Archer went back in time and accidently made his ship blow up or never excist, along with the enemy. But we all know that Bermen isnt smart enough to come up with a cool and unexpected ending like that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

They need to make an ending in which the Enterprise and her entire crew are lost. Everyone is getting sick of these jolly good happy endings that Star Trek seems to portray all the time. I mean, in Voyager Janeway got her crew home safe and sound, brought home technologies from 30 years in the future and, oh yes, they pretty much destroyed the Borg.

In TNG, all the Enterprises of the 3 time periods crash together, and poof, everything is back to normal. The crew is safe and sound, and the ED has not a scratch on her. In DS9, the Dominion is defeated and everyone lives happily ever after.

The endings are getting very boring. I think in Enterprise the crew should have to make a choice of destroying themselves in the process of saving Earth or something like that. That way it will not be a completely happy ending, but it wouldn't be too depressing either =)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. esp Registered Senior Member

Xelios! You Ba***ard!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Some of us in the UK still haven't seen the end of Voyager, and now you've gone and spoiled it for me!

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

lol I didn't know it ended like that either-I got satellite tv right in the middle of its second season and for whatever reason UPN is the only channel I don't get.

9. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

lol, it's still playing over there? Man, Voyager ended almost a year ago over here!

Don't worry Pollux, you didn't miss much

Personally I thought it was a very cheezy ending to a pretty good series, but it's still worth the watch. Sorry for spoiling it though

10. spacecat27 Registered Member

A realistic Star Trek series ending

RECEIVED: Sub-Space simplex carrier channel 297/501-D-QXR
    TIME: 1623 Hrs Ship Time STARDATE: 4798.3
    TO: Starship Enterprise 1701-_
    Confidential to Captain_________

Sir:
    I regret to inform you that Starfleet can no longer afford to send multi-billion dollar ships around the galaxy to simply.....explore. This practice has shown itself to not be cost-effective, and public support for Starfleet has significantly dwindled.

Therefore, effective immediately- you are ordered to return to Earth where you will be granted a pensioned early retirement. Your crew will receive one month of severance pay, after which they will qualify to collect unemployment for a period not to exceed six months.
    You are instructed to dock your ship at Station M, Arm 7- where selected portions of your bridge will be removed and transported to Earth for permanant display at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. The remainder of the Enterprise will be cut up and sold for scrap and the warp engines will be de-orbited over the South Pacific.

Have a Nice Day.
    Marcus Dunleavy, Admiral

PS: This directive has been mandated by President Richard M. Nixon, XVI

11. esp Registered Senior Member

Received Xmission from NCC 1701-D Enterprise

Certified transcript of conversation, Bridge 1701, Stardate 4798.8:

Cmmdr Spock, 'If I were human, I believe my response would be 'Go to Hell'
    If I were Human.'

Last edited: Jan 29, 2002
  12. Crabbles Registered Member

You ain't missed nothing. Whole series was a total waste IMHO. Biggest load of tripe in Trek history. Weak characters, poor plots, crap ending.
    Kate Mulwho?Harry dim! Kes (puke) Two boobs as 7 of Nine and the wonderful limpdix I mean Neelix.
    The Doctor always stole the show but it wasn't very hard.

Fear the Mighty Kazon, their barber's gonna get ya!

13. esp Registered Senior Member

Please state the nature of the textual emergency

I can't disagree with the fact that the Doctor was really really sweet. His photons were brilliant.

But I can't believe that you're maligning Seven.

I never felt any sexual thing for her, but she's the answer to spock. She has to be 'cause Tuvok doesn't come close.
    V'Ger was improved 1000% when she was brought in.
    My 2cents!

14. Crabbles Registered Member

The inclusion of seven may well have improved it 1000% but that don't say much. It was the story lines her inclusion opened up that caused the improvements.
    I still feel she was introduced to replace Kes(?) as eye candy. Downside was the story lines made Kate even more maternal.

Surely the Borg would have given her a mastectomy to improve her performance. Do you remember seeing any other drones with a balance problem.