Revolutions

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by UberDragon, Sep 29, 2003.

1. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Just watched the trailer for Matrix: Revolutions and I see some strange events. At one point, it shows Neo with a blindfold on and it has blood all around it. Does this mean something? Is he blinded in the Matrix? It also shows him talking to what appears to be the central brain of the Machines. Watch it here and tell me your predictions.

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_cmp/revolutions_trailers.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I saw a scene that made me confused and quite excited at the same time. It was brief but it shows Neo in a blind fold sitting in the Nebcaduzzarwhatmacallit and only with his hand blowing up the sentinels that are coming towards them.....anyone noticed it also?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

I saw a part where what looks like an agent is looking head on at the camera and laughing, it dosnt look like a normal healthy happy kind of laugh but he still seems like he's having a good time. thats wacky.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

Central computer brain? I believe that was the Great and Powerful Oz that Neo was speaking to.

8. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

Blindfold

I wonder if the blindfold is so he won't fall into the temptation of trusting what his eyes see of the world outside of the Matrix. Since he can effectively neutralize the Sentinels, maybe that tells him something about this place (or him) is not what it seems. So he puts on the blindfold as an Aesthetic( ? ) to look past the symbols and archetypes ... ?

9. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

I don't know, your theory sounds a little too symbolic for the Matrix.

My bet is that agent smith punched the eyes right out of neo's head. That'd be pretty wild.

10. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

"Jeepers creepers, where'd you get those eyes? Mr. Anderson."

11. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

I bet we are reading too much into it, i bet that rayban's new line of sunglasses just happens to look exactly like a blindfold. Its product placement, not plot point.

12. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

The writers are huge fans of anime. Like any good anime, Neo is going to get power in real life.

Now the option is if they take it the mystical direction (real life is controllable by thought), or the sci-fi (he controls the computer through some permanent link)

13. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

Neither. The Great and Powerful Oz has given Neo a brain!

14. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

With the twist in reloaded that the machines control the cycle of human resistance and actualy encourage it, they've got it THAT figured out, it leaves the movie open to the idea that maybe the "real world" is in fact also part of the matrix. That would make it the perfet prison for your mind because the rebellious freedomfighters are stuck playing this kung-fu magnetic sewership videogame and thinking that they have a chance to free humanity when they are actualy just as trapped as everyone else.

15. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

True. If THAT's the case, do you think that the Machines actually need Neo's help purging the Matrix of Smith's presence, or that they have some other plans for him?

We already know that Revolutions won't actually end anything, and that the Matrix will live on. So I wonder what significance the events in the 3rd and final movie will actually have?