Response to Tiassa on Gen's comments

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by GeoffP, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Ripley Valued Senior Member

But the environment you've chosen to align your argument with is far far from being consistent with the spirit of a very different environment. That's hardly being fair, is it?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

it was an extreme example, for an extreme world.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And wiser than several mods combined.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ripley Valued Senior Member

And generalizing blurs things too. Hence, Gendanken's comments were blurry at best. Had she been more specific about the nature of reaction that should have followed her commentaries, then we would have had grounds to decipher exactly what was being proposed. But I hardly think asking us to boycott the cinema was the proposal.

8. Bells Staff Member

And call him what?

I must say, your obsession with big buff men and names to call them is interesting.

Of course Geoff. Whatever you say.

9. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

tell him he is one of those jews what else

better yet tell him

10. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

it sounded very specific to me, as well as antisemitic responses to her post which prove of the nature of things.

this has nothing to do with GeoffP.

11. Bells Staff Member

And? You want me to see if his accent is like that?

Should I run if he is overly sensitive or simply does not understand the play on words?

But what is "one of those Jews"? Can you elaborate?

Gendy's comments about Jews being powerful in Hollywood is not a new concept. Others have also commented on it. Even fellow Jews. For example, here is what Otheadp had to say about Mel Gibson's anti-semitic tirade a while ago:

Was he (Oth) being anti-semitic in commenting on "Hollywood Jews"? No. Was Gendy wrong in the fact that so many movies and shows of late do portray Muslims as the baddies? No. Was her commenting on the fact that the people in charge of so many Hollywood studios (Jews), have the final say in these movies somehow anti-semitic? Or was she pointing out the obvious? That Jews are, for the most part, in charge of many Hollywood studios and that bad guys are often portrayed as being Muslims. What does that tell you? It tells me that the studios are pandering to what the viewing public wish to see and what they respond to. I think Ben Stein put it best:

I wonder if the overly sensitive people, such as Geoff for example, wrote in protest to Spielberg when he funded Jerry Seinfeld's 'Bee Movie', when Seinfeld's character commented on "Bee King" (aka Larry King) having pointy shoulders and thus, being "very Jewish"? Was that anti-semitic? Or is Seinfeld excused because he is Jewish, much like many blacks excuse other blacks of using the word "nigger"?

12. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Why is it that I get the feeling we'll go round and round the merry-go-round repeating ourselves? If you see it as specific, then why use an extreme example for an extreme world? We call that making a mountain out of a molehill.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Quite possibly. That was a trend of 20 years ago, as I commented in return, and which got lost in the furor.

I consider generally not, but I also consider the source, such as the "Institute for Historical Review", which is an old hater outfit. But that breezes on by people, seemingly.

Generally people are. But it's not the issue.

14. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i never watched bee movie, but i do know Spielberg is ashamed of the fact he is jewish.

15. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Spock: but your previous comment is.

Excuse me what is racist in my comment?

Racism is prejudice plus power

16. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

should a jewish boy find this funny?

is that over sensitive as well?

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Probably.
    It's most certainly meaningless without context.

18. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

the context was a gunmen who entered a yeshiva in jerusalem and murdered 8 children. SAM apparently thinks its funny to assert he was sexually abused by a rabbi in the yeshiva and then call me a jewish boy because i didnt share her "vivid" sense of humor.

i just wonder if im supposed to find this funny. should i?

19. Roman Banned Banned

How many jews can you fit a volkswagon?

20. DeepThought Banned Banned

Please explain this liberal algebra to us.

21. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

can i make muslim jokes as well? do you think the muslim in sci f will be insulted?

22. Roman Banned Banned

How do you make copper wire?

23. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

is there a point too this? or you just want to make fun jokes? then open a new thread.