Republican/Tea Party Candidate Dresses Up As A Nazi on the weekends

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Oct 12, 2010.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Also, the Nazi's are somewhat recognized as having the "best" uniforms. Not be me but even fashion experts have made this comment.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

Come on. Accepting history is something else and dressing up as an SS and playing around is another thing alltogether. May be they feel all powerful and get the feeling of being pervert enough to do everything. Hahhahaaa. If I coincide with one I'll have a laughter crisis. I mean wouldn't be able to stop laughing. I don't know what does that mean in English.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

Hysterical\Hysterics

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

Oh, great! I also like to hear psychologists.

8. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

Oh yes yes. Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. John99 Banned Banned

Your Welcome.

10. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Source?

11. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Yes, but I for one wouldn't put one on especially if I was running for office.

I was just thinking, my jewish neighbors who have an awesome Halloween party every year, would they be ok with me showing up in a Nazi uniform, I mean it's just for fun, right.

So my point is that yes it's ok to do but in certain circumstances it's poor taste at best.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That would be hilarious! What's wrong with making fun of Nazis?

13. John99 Banned Banned

Its like saying "he came dressed as a Vampire"

OMG...how could he dress like a Vampire?

14. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Nothing, but they might take it as an insult. I guarantee they would be confused and suprised if I did it.

I'm typically a fairly serious person. I couldn't pull it off but if someone showed up wearing one, if it was the right person I'm sure they would just get a big laugh.

15. jpappl Valued Senior Member

In fact he has a brother who is gay.

He and his partner could do it, that would be perfect, they are also both jewish.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's halloween! It's not like vampires, werewolves, and axe murderers are respected members of society...

17. jpappl Valued Senior Member

No but were talking Nazi's here. It's a whole nuther level beyond axe murderer and werewolves.

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

It's nice to see that there are people here with an easy, relaxed and proper sense of humor and things in general.

For all of you negative types, just back up a bit, take a deep breath and chill out a little !!

In THIS country - so far, at least - we are free to do things that interest us individually as long as it doesn't bring harm of any type to another person.

So, as I said way back, this is nothing but politics as usual - with the usual political hacks here trying to stir up something from nothing. <sheesh!>

19. jpappl Valued Senior Member

I agree, but that is the system and it works both ways. IOW, if I was a supporter of this guy, and he said do you think I should be a Nazi in a re-inactment I would say "probably not a good idea".

If you don't want to have naked pictures of you all over the web, then don't take naked pictures of yourself, at least don't give them to anyone.

20. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yep, I agree that that's probably not the wisest move he's every made.

But at the same time, regarding taste, you could ask 20 different people and get as many as 20 different answers.

My primary point in this whole thing, though, is just this: He may have well been into this sort of thing long before he ever entered politics - and it's just not that big of a deal anyway. Except to those who simply live to create havoc and stir up people. And, sadly, we've got some of those RIGHT here.

21. John99 Banned Banned

Unfortunately it is "left" here. The dictators dream. Stepford wives.

22. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Sure.

I guess where it becomes a big deal, because I agree that a costume is a costume. Is if he has made any comments that can be tied in with what the costume represents.

Which is what you are talking about, politics. So basically, if they can do that, he is done and thus a bad choice. That doesn't make their actions any better, but it's a game and the game is hardball.

And of course in politics, it's how we can make it appear not what it is. So either way bad move. Even if he was into this before, they are going to use it against him.

I mean what better photo for your political enemy to use than you in a Nazi outfit.

If he did it before he ran, then he probably never thought he would run for office. If he did it after he ran, then he needs to fire his campaign manager.

23. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member