Repercussions: Iran Influence on Iraq

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Curious, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Curious Registered Senior Member

I rarely hear about this discussed anywhere in the media.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Isn't this an important factor to consider for the political picture in that area of the world in the coming months (Iraqi Election)?

Comments? Feedback? Reading Material Suggestions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. otheadp Banned Banned

a very good question on a very important issue.

i think the manstream media doesn't talk much about that for 2 reasons:
    1) most people don't know shit about Iran, viewership will be low, and they'll lose their sponsors
    2) they think that it'll show how dangerous Iran really is, which will convince the American public, which will create an athmosphere of approval when Bush will decide to do something about this justifiably urgent matter.

i looked at a map of Iraq today on TV and of its imediate neighbours, every single country except Turkey and Jordan there desperately need a "Regime Change", not just Iran.

too bad the US doesn't have the resources to do it (now). maybe soon. oh by the way, Iran's nuclear reactor, i know Israel has a plan to blow it up already, but i think the Americans will do it - just to show the Ayatollahs that they won't tolerate any bullshit

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

I must hand it to the Iranian Ayatollahs, they are shruwd keeping low profile world domination plotters, when things get tense they recently struck some sort of deal wirh the europeans regarding irans nuclear program, trying to avoid/divert american pressure etc....

While I regard Bush as a guy with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth, telling people not to smoke, i agree with otheadp for a change that regime change would be welcome in iran (and personally i think in America also)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Undecided Banned Banned

1) most people don't know shit about Iran, viewership will be low, and they'll lose their sponsors

Which you show so well oth...it’s true most ppl don't know shit all about Iran. All they know is what has been fed to them by their bias media. Iran is a major regional power, and has passion on her side. If anything it must be understood that Shi’a Islam is what defines Iran and since it is the stalwart Shi’a state the population will defend it will all its will should there be a war against her. A war against Iran would be much more then a war against a nation, it would be against a religion (or at least perceived as such by Iranians).

2) they think that it'll show how dangerous Iran really is, which will convince the American public, which will create an athmosphere of approval when Bush will decide to do something about this justifiably urgent matter.

Iran is only really dangerous to Israel, and I know Zionists love to equate danger to Israel as a danger to the world…yes, yes we know. I’m more scared of Saudi Arabia then I am of Iran quite frankly. I think the American public already have their minds made up about Iran after the 1979-80 hostage taking, and the fact that the Americans supported Saddam against Iran. The sad thing is that as long as the US and Israel rattle towards Iran the stronger Tehran gets with her own population.

i looked at a map of Iraq today on TV and of its imediate neighbours, every single country except Turkey and Jordan there desperately need a "Regime Change", not just Iran.

If you mean a “regime change” to get rid of Saddam not really, no state around Iraq supported the US invasion of the country. They knew and are now experiencing a militant Islamic horde, the Turks loathed the idea of the US invading Iraq because it would strengthen the hand of the Kurds (which Israel is arming and training), and the almost inevitable civil war in the country would easily pit all these nations against each other to secure interests in Iraq. So I don’t know what channel you were watching but as usual…its B.S.

too bad the US doesn't have the resources to do it (now). maybe soon.

Never, the US would never be able to invade Iran successfully that’s in your dreams. Iran is a nation too large, to militant, and to topographically diverse that America would surely loose against a well trained, well armed Iranian army, and especially her special forces. If you Iraq is hurting the US wait if the US is smart enough to invade Iran. I do warn that the US would invade Iran alone…no nation is STUPID enough to follow that one. Also it is not in the US’ best economic interests to invade Iran.

oh by the way, Iran's nuclear reactor, i know Israel has a plan to blow it up already, but i think the Americans will do it - just to show the Ayatollahs that they won't tolerate any bullshit

LOL! GOODBYE DIMONA!

8. towards Relax...head towards the light Registered Senior Member

"I’m more scared of Saudi Arabia then I am of Iran quite frankly.", Undecided

Yes, and unfortunately, this is something the U.S. public knows little about. The Saudi border may be the biggest supplier of both finance and weapons to Iraq. As usual, the house of Saud only gives a minor challenge to the problem. They know they cannot push to hard, or their population may break into a revolt.

Iran, on the other hand, does not wish to start a Shi'ite rebellion, but would rather let Sistani take control peacefully. They are waiting for the U.S. to leave so they can dominate the politics. Iran's leaders time, however, is running short and I do not believe that a fundamentalist government either there or in Iraq would last long if the U.S. does not create an outside threat and a reason for the Ayatollah to crack down. Saudi Arabia, in contrast, will continue to be a major problem.

9. Undecided Banned Banned

Well like I said many times before Iran will gain a good ally with China, and it seems like she has:

$$$$$$$$$ and oil talks ladies and gentlemen…so let's see US/Israel...Russia/China/Iran.

10. otheadp Banned Banned

Iran is only really dangerous to Israel

you know, very recently there was the anniversary of the "hostage crisis", during which, the Iranian parliament ended their daily meeting by a full 5-minute chant of "death to America". nothing out of the ordinary really.

i'm trying to imagine the US senate, or the Canadian parliament in ottawa... Paul Martin is giving a speech "Canada will defeat Bush" and Carolyn Parish leads the chant with all the MPs "death to America"
    sounds like something from "Royal Canadian Air Farce", no? (like Saturday Night Live)

you think Iran is only a danger to Israel? what about all the other countries in the region who now have to increase their spending on defense... Shia hates Sunni, Sunni hates Shia, and you know how religious fundies are. Allah Akbar motherfucker. mess with us and we'll cut your fucking head off. you'll never believe how seriously they take that shit (denominations) until you talk to them. i have.. and they're actually semi-westernized. imagine the real deal back home. if you diss Mohammad they'll kill you. right there. literally. that's why the governments around Iran will feel like they have to build up a defense.

Iran poses a grave threat to its neighbourhood. just try to say no to it.
    plus, a strong iran is a big threat to the Israeli-Arab peace initiative (and thus directly affects the safety of the entire world)... if you want to make peace with Israel and Iran says no, you don't say no to Iran... it's got nukes (soon), suicide-bomber squads (oh pardon, glorious martyrs), and whackoloons with fingers on the red button.

here's something for you to read about Iran http://www.memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=countries&Area=iran&ID=SP77204

(more articles: http://www.memri.org/iran.html )

remember, MEMRI only translates, and provides all sources of translation for you to verify. no Zionist conspiracy here.

LOL! GOODBYE DIMONA!
    so let's see US/Israel...Russia/China/Iran

aren't you excited, little boy.
    "wow, power rangers against maximus prime! KewL!!"
    it feels like you can't wait for the fight.. can't wait till someone shows those Americans and Israelis, to put them back in their place... you are forgetting what kind of government is sitting in Tehran.

China will oppose any effort to refer Iran to the U.N. Security Council
    yep. China is turning capitalist and they need to secure their future with oil, which is totally understandable. the Ayatollahs have always been very smart. I do think however that China's veto, or threat of veto, will only strengthen Bush. there are other organizations such as NATO, or certain alliances, that would cripple Iran thru one method or another. if China uses veto, it will ruine the UN and China knows it, because it knows that the US will do whatever is necessary to protect itself and the world. if it means not to listen to any fascist governments, so be it. (and i'm not referring only to China here). countries who agree with the US will form a new alliance or organization.

even the Europeans see the threat that Iran presents and are desperately trying to "make a deal". this sort of bullshit will only incourage the Ayatollahs, but Chirac and Schroeder have their own "governance and diplomacy models'. that's ok. they can play the "good cop" role for now. they are fully aware that Iran is potentially a strategic threat. after a certain line is crossed they'll have to get less pleasant.

by the way, the funniest thing about the whole nuclear episode (even funnier than the 5-minute "death to America" chant), is that the Ayatollahs are saying that since Islam is the religion of peace, they'll never use a nuclear weapon. if you think they will, you are then, by their clever bullshitology, call Islam a religion of non-peace. furthermore, as proof of the Ayatollahs' good intentions, the man with the highest authority in Iran, mr. Khamenei, issued a fatwa banning nuclear weapons.

religion of peace, fatwa, what more proof do you need? lol

i am so confident that the world is afraid of a nuclear Iran, that i am sure that many governments will co-operate on Iran. at least by providing grade-A intelligence to US or Britain or whoever. if the US will not regime change in iran, it'll implode by itself within 10-15 years. a new revolution is coming, with outside help

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Well, if the Shia hates the Sunni so much, why don't we ask Iran to assist in curbing the sunni resistance in Fallujah ?

12. otheadp Banned Banned

because they cannot be trusted. if their operatives infiltrate Iraq, they'll have much more influence on what's going on in Iraq.

13. Undecided Banned Banned

you know, very recently there was the anniversary of the "hostage crisis", during which, the Iranian parliament ended their daily meeting by a full 5-minute chant of "death to America". nothing out of the ordinary really.

This is dangerous to America how? Oh yes of course words are more scary then actual abilities I guess that’s Iraq was invaded? Again Iran cannot attack the US in anyway, the Iranians can attack Israel that is true. Now I know that you may consider Israel the 51st state (and I would even agree), the reality is that Iran doesn’t want to start a fight with the US, if anything Iran wants to keep the US as a agitator not a warrior.

you think Iran is only a danger to Israel? what about all the other countries in the region who now have to increase their spending on defense... Shia hates Sunni, Sunni hates Shia, and you know how religious fundies are.

And I know how Zionist fundies are as well and they are no better, the reality is that Iran’s increase in relative military power has not been matched by the nations surrounding her, because mostly they don’t really see the threat from Iran. If anything the nations in the region are more scared about Iraq and the potential of a civil war that could force those nations to intervene and create a general Middle East war. Yes I do think Iran is only a danger to Israel, just like Pakistan is only a danger to India, and Israel is to Iran what India is to Pakistan.

i have.. and they're actually semi-westernized. imagine the real deal back home. if you diss Mohammad they'll kill you. right there. literally. that's why the governments around Iran will feel like they have to build up a defense.

That’s true, and I surely don’t disagree with you and that’s why the US would fail in an invasion of Iran because the Iranians have conviction in their nation and their religion something Iraq does not have, they are wiling to lay down their lives for their religion and their nation. Just like Israeli’s I really don’t see the difference btwn a Israeli and a Iranian.

Iran poses a grave threat to its neighbourhood. just try to say no to it.

Of course it does, but so does Israel. I reluctantly support Iran getting the bomb for some pretty basic reasons. Firstly Israel cannot be allowed to have a monopoly on nuclear weaponry that will cause more instability then it would solve, secondly it will push the peace process further because Israel now has a check in the region. Thirdly it will force Israel and Iran to begin discussions on limiting their nuclear stockpiles and seek general peace through fear of MAD. All of this had historical precedent from the USA vs. the USSR, and now even arch enemies Pakistan and India are talking to each other.

here's something for you to read about Iran http://www.memri.org/bin/articles.c...mo). Peace is nothing but a period btwn wars.

14. otheadp Banned Banned

i just watched CNN headline news, and they said that Jane Araf, who is a senior correspondent reporting from Falujah, said that there are many Iranian fighters in there.

it's confirming what has been clear all along - Iran is very active in destabilizing the new US-friendly Iraqi gov't. "my enemy's enemy is my friend", even if he's a Sunni..

15. Undecided Banned Banned

i just watched CNN headline news, and they said that Jane Araf, who is a senior correspondent reporting from Falujah, said that there are many Iranian fighters in there.

Funny why would Shi'a Iranian fighters be in a Sunni city controlled by Bath’ists? Aren’t they arch enemies? Considering I checked the CNN website and no mention of these Iranian fighters…mind showing some substantiation for this assertion. Because it is most likely you misheard…Iraq for Iran. Unless of course you have substantiation for this largely erroneous claim? Secondly how would one know they are Iranian? I doubt they are wearing the Iranian flag…seems pretty odd. Or another Zionist tactic to induce the US into a fight against Iran.

16. otheadp Banned Banned

Aren’t they arch enemies?
    re-read my post: my enemy's enemy is my friend, even if he's a Sunni

Considering I checked the CNN website and no mention of these Iranian fighters
    it was running on the ticker. i re-read it a few times just to make sure

how would one know they are Iranian?
    1) they look different
    2) when you arrest them and they start talking in Farsee with a Farsee accent that sort of gives it away

17. Undecided Banned Banned

re-read my post: my enemy's enemy is my friend, even if he's a Sunni

That is simply not enough…you have to show actual co-operation.

it was running on the ticker. i re-read it a few times just to make sure

Odd if you saw it on the ticker then this would be impossible: “just watched CNN headline news, and they said that Jane Araf” Who said? If it was a ticker…then.

1) they look different
    2) when you arrest them and they start talking in Farsee with a Farsee accent that sort of gives it away

Someone having a Persian accent is not enough to show Iranian government complicity in those actions. So get a link...

18. otheadp Banned Banned

it's from yesterday's ticker (November 8)

and it doesn't exclude Iranian government complicity either. there have been many reports for over 6 months that Iranian covert operatives are running around Iraq. first they tried to stir shit up with al-Sadr, that failed, so they're trying different angles now.

i'm not going to spend 15 minutes looking for links. you don't have to believe me. but captured Iranians make the Iranian government more suspect than not -- that is just logic.

19. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Misheard? Why would someone bother to report that there were fighters from Iraq fighting in Iraq?

20. Undecided Banned Banned

and it doesn't exclude Iranian government complicity either. there have been many reports for over 6 months that Iranian covert operatives are running around Iraq. first they tried to stir shit up with al-Sadr, that failed, so they're trying different angles now.

Well we know Israel as well has been stirring things up in Kurdistan, Iran is just playing the game. Firslty al-Sadr is in cease fire mode, I hope you don't think its over with him...lol...oh god no. About Iran, I will need to see MUCH more then your word...which of course I cannot trust.

i'm not going to spend 15 minutes looking for links. you don't have to believe me. but captured Iranians make the Iranian government more suspect than not -- that is just logic.

It takes u 15 to get to CNN.com? You need a new service provider.

21. otheadp Banned Banned

Well we know Israel as well has been stirring things up in Kurdistan, Iran is just playing the game
    so now you're not only admitting the fact, but also excusing it in the process...

It takes u 15 to get to CNN.com?
    what i wanted to show you you won't find on CNN (see my 1st post in this thread why). and i won't be looking for these reports for you. like i said you don't have to believe me (although it seems from your earlier comment that you not only believe, but also approve of it)

22. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Considering that 80 Iranian fighters were captured in Samarra last month, a city in the Sunni Triangle, it's very likely that there could be Iranians in Fallujah as well. There have certainly been reports of such movement. It's not uncommon for bitter enemies to put aside their differences temporarily in a common cause. In WW2 China, Mao and the communists and Chiang and the nationalists uniting against the Japanese come to mind.

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=398

23. Undecided Banned Banned

so now you're not only admitting the fact, but also excusing it in the process...[/i]

Where have I admitted it as fact? All I saying is that we know Israel is stirring the pot, we don’t know about Fallujah.

what i wanted to show you you won't find on CNN (see my 1st post in this thread why). and i won't be looking for these reports for you. like i said you don't have to believe me (although it seems from your earlier comment that you not only believe, but also approve of it)

As usual you don’t support your statements and expect to be taken seriously…you are in University correct? I haven’t said anything to insinuate that there were Iranians in Fallujah, what I said was that we don’t know if there is any Iranian governmental support, which has to be proven. Let’s see:

http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en&ned=ca&q=fallujah iran&btnG=Search News

Nothing here…I would have to say if Iranian troops or whatever were indeed found in the city it should be big news…why the absence?

Spyke...why isn't this common knowledge? You don't think American news or the BBC wouldn't be all over this? I find it very weird.