Religion and Art

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, May 18, 2009.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

If you work was meaningful and was a significant portion of your life then I'm sure you'd think about it and appreciate the fact that you used your life wisely and didn't squander it worrying about what some Alien overlord thought about your sins (like eating corn - Xenu doesn't like corn!).

Also, I was under the impression this was a lingering death, at the end of a lifetime, a time for contemplation, not a stab in the gut rush to the ICU! Yeah, if that was the case sure, they probably are in a state of shock regardless. But iif the former well then....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Do you disagree just for the sake of doing so???

Notice how I agreed with you partly. That's called compromise. Try doing it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What would happen is that the act of painting would be incorporated into the art form. The movement would be like dance, and there would be artists who belittled the need to take much care about how the paint fell on the canvas. It would be performance art.

In history, there have been cultures that focused on only one form of art.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Actually, my impression from school was that this sort of state of mind is precisely the one we should have at the end of the day and when dying. This notion that we are supposed to see ourselves as slaves to Science the God, and that we should die for it, that we should spend our lives serving Science the God, not to benefit humanity or to make our lives better, but to please Science the God, for Science must be pleased and if it costs us our lives.
    That it doesn't matter if I personally feel I am living a meaningless life and die of cancer. That what really matters is that science works on figuring out the meaning of life and that it works on figuring out the cure for cancer and that what truly matters is the process not the result. Nevermind that in the meantime, billions of people live meaningless lives and die of cancer.

I hated this attitude!

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd think the result would matter to those who would benefit from whatever the answers are. Even though those who were trying to find "answers" died without knowing what happened, eventually their input will lead to answers that save millions of lives, perhaps even their own great grand children!

9. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

I do not care about post-dated rain checques.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Do you care about your own grand children?

11. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

I do not have them and most likely will not have them. So no, I can't say I care about them.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But if you ever did, do you not want them not to suffer?

13. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

If if if.
    Sure I generally don't want anyone to suffer. But if I have to suffer so that someone else perhaps won't - then this is not good enough for me to devote myself to.

14. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

so we were monkeys?
    where are the half monkeys half humans then?
    and btw

given that evolution for animals is true(it's immposible for humans)..it still doesn't mean we weren't created in the first place..
    told you..you can tickle yourself with a paintbrush..it might feel good too..
    personally.. i'm A+B..

..there's no contradiction...

it's like studying history and making the future..no contradiction..

but if i HAD to choose..A, with no doubt..i'll know where i'm going..living peacfully without fearing when to die..lol..without fearing that after i die people might start dying in doesn's from some other diseas..rendering my work useless..

atheism holds no futue for you micheal..you know that..you know that in the long run everything you do IS USELESS..you'll die and it'ss all nothingness..so what is the defensive mechanism you develop?..just forget the futere..and how everything is useless that way..sink your head in the preseant..and lully yourself bu how everything SEEMS..you are trying to replace it meaning nothing to you by how much it means to others..and that is an illusion..you will never be satisfied with that..you save people for what?? so they can die eventually??yes smile and enjoy it a bit..but what's in it for you when you die??nothing..NOTHING..

lol..wake up and smell the coffee.