Reason to like americans?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by weed_eater_guy, May 22, 2008.

1. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

QUOTE..Some writers have argued that the cumulative effects of battlefield defeats, conventional bombing, and naval blockade already had defeated Japan. Even without extending assurances about the emperor, all the United States had to do was wait. The most frequently cited basis for this contention is the United States Strategic Bombing Survey, published in 1946, which stated that Japan would have surrendered by November I "even if the atomic bombs had not been dropped, even if Russia had not entered the war, and even if no invasion had been planned or contemplated."

http://www3.niu.edu/~td0raf1/history261/why we had to drop the bomb.htm

QUOTE..the most important, immediate cause behind Japan’s decision to surrender were the emperor’s “sacred decision” to do so, engineered by a small group of the Japanese ruling elite;

http://japanfocus.org/products/details/2501

I'm sure they were dropped during the 2 or 3rd day of peace talks (but I saw that on a documentry so don't quote me)...

Soldier's kill soldiers, Murderers kill civilians.....!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I think there's a certain amount of 'Pun' intended....The stereotyped American (burger munching redneck) is far more entertaining than the real thing.....unless your Richard Prior..

There's a reason to like Americans they have the funniest Black comedians in the world....(imo)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

Richard Prior? come on PH get with the program.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Yes. No denying that, a large military budget will get you the 7 wonders of the world if you want.

But CERN did invent the world wide web via hypertext. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWW

8. Tyler Registered Senior Member

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/29645.php
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1170787.stm
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/obesity/

According to recent studies the overweight-rates of America and UK are nearly the same. America still leads in obesity, but not by too much. There have been countless articles and studies in Britain in the last two years condemning the ridiculous weight-gain of Britons.
    You, like all people determined to make themselves out to be idiots, have assumed too much. I'm Canadian.

As for the lack of warm welcome felt by Americans in England, it only goes to show how in your face Yanks are and how snobbish the English (and many other European countries) are. You'd think saving a continent from being annihilated by Hitler would warrant at least a few years of admiration. Churchill himself called the day America entered the war one of the greatest days in British history.
    I come from French Canada and I live in China. To me the British look equally as fat and repulsive as the Americans. When you live amongst people who actually do stay in shape, the difference between 1/5 people being morbidly obese and 1/6 is negligible. You're all a bunch of fatties. If you don't know England is facing one of the worst trends of weight gain in the last 20 years in all the world, you're not reading your BBC every day!
    You didn't do very well in school, did you?
    If you think for even a second that America was the major player in that battle you've been grossly misinformed. Moreover, when America decided to support Chiang (jiang jie shi) Mao was still off the radar in terms of future CCP leadership.
    You mean like the British parliament that refused to send troops to Rwanda despite all expert advice that tens of thousands of more people would die if troops were not sent? Those men are murderers too, right?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its a pretty long list so I'll just direct you to the source. Take your pick

Reasons to like Americans

10. John99 Banned Banned

Challenger78, It is still technically an American invention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

So many countries have contributed to advancements that the point is pretty much moot though.

11. John99 Banned Banned

These things are much more complicated than summing them up on a single web page and i cant see giving this 'person' a $25 handout for his biased opinion. He has an axe to grind but his failures are his own.

12. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Thats a good way to skirt what was written.....You/They which ever you prefer...
    That was a long time ago when "the world was counting on America to be pacifist,they counted wrong"...(quote by somebody who I don't remember).

American-European civil war to GB,UK,BI or England comes

I do not read the BBC any day and find them a representative of those who are destroying the Psyche of the nation through manipulative media means....!

I am a German born, Irish/English European with Jamaican step-family and as It is down to eating habits,lifestyle,food product availability and as 99% of all mainstream media, promotes an American lifestyle I do blame it on the UK yet caused by the US..

obesity of china's kids stuns officials...

BEIJING — China is super-sizing its children as fast as its economy, prompting fears of an American-style obesity crisis here.
    Chen Chunming, a nutritional expert at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, warned parents, "Don't take children to eat fast food like McDonald's and KFC." McDonald's and KFC have hundreds of outlets in China, as do other American fast-food companies.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-01-08-chinese-obesity_x.htm

I did ok, yet the relavence of the above to "Reason to like Americans.....eventualy they get the message and leave..!" is 0

Correct not just Murderers the british government are a bunch of Arses....
    And like man nipples...USELESS..but this thread isn't '1001 reasons why brits are stupid'

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  13. Bradley364 DIG HARD! Registered Senior Member

My eye is drawn to Saudi Arabia :bugeye:

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  14. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Too much oily food, I image.

15. Bradley364 DIG HARD! Registered Senior Member

lol, we should take that "Oil" of their hands then.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not so much oily food as fast food, their own food is cooked on hot stones in the ground and they prefer mostly fehm or grilled.

But there are several MacDonalds, Wendys, KFCs etc

17. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Come on S.A.M., that's not the point!

18. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i love that cancer in a bred burgers.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So what is the point?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

21. Bradley364 DIG HARD! Registered Senior Member

-points up- That is.

22. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

WOW.....is that globs of fat dripping down the side..

23. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I wonder how many American fast food (Mcd',kfc) outlets are in the countries in white, and if there is a direct connection between the red and the most outlets...?
    All the coloured countries also have probably been most influenced by American media....?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hill-Billy lool