Reality

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Spellbound, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Can you elaborate? Were you just getting into reading about CTMU at the time? What experiences did you have?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Yes. I felt the supreme or divine greatness spiritually and my thought had a direct influence on the lighting in the room I was in. Darker meant bad thoughts and lighter meant good thoughts. It was a kind of spiritual link with the world.

Now, the CTMU proves that the universe is panpsychic which would explain why the lighting in the room would directly relate and respond back to my inner thoughts. I kept saying things like "God is great" or "God is real" while dancing excitedly and smiling. I counted this experience occurred about 6 or 7 times.

I have also seen the lighting in the room change at times to brighter and more beautiful when I shared a good moment with my brother. All of this still happens once in a while.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Language and thought are interrelated. Both verbal and non-verbal.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Interesting. Are you referring to a specific god?

8. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Yes. There was no mistake it was THE God. Completely unmistakable.

9. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Ok. I'm assuming that THE God can't be attributed to any specific religion?

10. river

Yes your right

But any god is about worshiping this god above Humanity

Which I think is wrong

11. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

F. The syntactical rules of self-generation operate at every level of the cognitive reality unfolded by the SCSPL, and thus the syntactic structure of this reality is inherently self-similar (something like a "logical fractal").

http://best-possible.wikia.com/wiki/PZ_comments_on_Langan's_CTMU

Reality is a logical fractal.

12. Yazata Valued Senior Member

Did this God once incarnate in the form of Jesus Christ? Is he part of some cosmic 3 in 1 'Trinity'? Or did he never incarnate as Jesus and is completely unitary (and not three anythings), and instead revealed the Quran to Mohammed?

How does one recognize divinity? What possible human experience could justify the conclusion that one has encountered a god, let alone 'THE God', whatever that means?

13. Yazata Valued Senior Member

I don't know what "logical fractal" means.

But just judging from your posting history, don't you repeatedly (and repeatedly) say that reality is anything that you believe is real? So what value-added is there in saying that reality is some particular thing, however fake-technical and cosmic the words might sound?

14. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I imagine it means that reality is self-similar from the smallest unit of logic to the very largest.

It's valuable because the more I read about reality the more I comprehend it and the more insights I glean from what I read.

15. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I don't know. But I believe Christ was fully divine and that there was more than one messiah according to the CTMU. I firmly respect both Islam and Christianity because of their monotheism. I read both the Bible and the Quran.

Divinity is unmistakable. It can either be a feeling of its greatness or an appearance of something beautiful and extraordinary. If you call out the name of God by whatever religion's name they gave Him (Vishnu/ Allah/ Jehova/ Jah/ etc.) and something appears that is beautiful and intelligent, then it is God no doubt. But most likely nothing will appear. In my experience God only comes at extraordinary times.

16. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

What on earth is a "unit of logic"?
    Insights? Is that what these are? Pity you seem incapable of explaining them in a manner that we can comprehend, then.
    Either it doesn't exist, or it is one of the most mistakable things going.
    The universe has enough things beautiful and extraordinary entirely brought about by natural phenomena. No need to invoke the divine.
    Only if you tend toward irrational conclusions rather than the rational.
    Or doesn't come at all because it doesn't exist, and what you perceive as God is merely wishful thinking and the desire to see in things that which aren't.

Kristoffer likes this.
  17. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Logic governs what exists. It coincides with what we see as the physical world. Without logic a thing could not exist. So a unit of logic would be something like the smallest unit of perceptible things.

No, it is not.

18. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Then how do we explain the fact that your rants and raves about reality being this, that and a horses morning breath on a spring day in January exist?
    Because quite a lot of your speculations have been devoid of logic.

19. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

No, they have not.

20. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

No, logic does not govern what exists.
    Logic is merely the valid relationship between propositions and conclusions. It falls out from what does exist and from what does govern that existence, if indeed anything does govern it - such as the universal Laws etc.
    Logic can quite happily apply to the non-physical and the non-existent.
    All Queegs are Bragxs; all Bragxs are Orthens; therefore all Queegs are Orthens.
    This is an example of logic applied to the non-existent.
    I think you are confusing logic with something else. Or at least you are not explaining yourself very well.
    So I'll ask again: what is a "unit of logic"?
    Says you. Others say differently. But I admire the insightful rebuttal. Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

sideshowbob likes this.
  21. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Yes. It does.

You understand very little and yet you attempt to comment. How disappointing.

It does not only apply to hypothetical entities.

A reality.

22. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

So since you have stated that, "Reality is a net force."
    It follows that a "unit of logic" is a net force.

Which is sort of bat shit crazy.

23. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Without logic nothing, including the net force of an object within reality, nor mathematics, could possibly exist. Reason being that logic and mathematics govern all things and their interactions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.