Reality is...

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Spellbound, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

What are you talking about?

One thing that turns me off is reading a load of text and find out I just wasted my time. I try to be concise in my posts.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Um, f'ckin thingie gave me trouble posting. ~ ; - )

Read Cuckyoufunts and segFault11235's posts. Thank you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yazata Valued Senior Member

Just tell us what you want to communicate to us and what conclusions you hope we will draw from it.

Don't respond to that request by posting more cut-and-pastes.

Explain what your point is and what you are trying to accomplish in your own words.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Everything. I've already communicated what I hope to accomplish about the CTMU. The unity of humanity with each other and with God. You already know, unless you're pretending, but I never would have taken you for a pretender. ~

8. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Even serial killers who preach how they're a prophet of God get convicted - cause they know they're dishonest.

9. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

They have no love in their hearts. Nor for God as God is love.

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

This thread should be Cesspool.

11. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

God is love. Love is supreme. No judgment whatsoever.

12. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

You sound like a child rapist undergoing interrogation...

13. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

And you sound like a sick and twisted individual who will do anything to spread his depraved fantasies in a most inappropriate way.

Have a nice day.

14. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I have the feeling Spellbound comes and goes, in terms of lucidity. Things don't appear to be going so well at the moment.

15. Yazata Valued Senior Member

Yes, I already know about your faith in your muscle-bound Prophet.

That doesn't explain what this thread is about or what you imagine that you're accomplishing.

How do you imagine that your cutting and pasting anonymous remarks from another discussion board to this one will contribute anything to bringing about "the unity of humanity with each other and with God"?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

This discussion was moved to the Fringe because it is not real science.

Fraggle Rocker, Moderator

17. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

It should be merged with the rest of Spellbound's "Reality is..." spam.

18. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

I said the same thing in the very first reply to this mess. What it got me was childish insults from Langan's superfan #1.

19. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Nah, I think Langan is his own #1 fan. Spellbound is at best #2.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

True.

21. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/philosophy...ognitivetheoretical_model_of_the_universe_by/

yellow900 1 point 19 hours ago

IMHO:An aspect of this short passage is, to my reading, tautological. If the language of the universe is a self-fulfilling algorithm, it would not be possible to act against it. Thus whether a particular action is for or against the 'telos' is irrelevant given that any action is guided by a deterministic, algorithmic process.The unnecessarily complex language masks a weak central argument equitable to determinism (in this passage). A high IQ has no bearing on the quality of an argument. That being said, perhaps there is more clarity in the actual, full text.

Sherpanauts 1 point 2 days ago

From what I've gathered it seems plausible but lacking in necessary evidence. It's overlapping a grey area of Science and Philosophy which is completely fine but it's going to require a lot more observable evidence before Academics of any field would begin to remotely accept this model. At the moment it sounds more like Pseudoscience with Un-falsifiable points. Interesting but i would take it with a grain of salt.

Reality is a self-fulfilling algorithm.

22. Yazata Valued Senior Member

How do you think the discussion board comments you posted support the conclusion you highlighted?

The individual with the username 'yellow900' was arguing against Langan, suggesting that Langan's theory implies determinism.

"If the language of the universe is a self-fulfilling algorithm, it would not be possible to act against it. Thus whether a particular action is for or against the 'telos' is irrelevant given that any action is guided by a deterministic, algorithmic process. The unnecessarily complex language masks a weak central argument equitable to determinism (in this passage). A high IQ has no bearing on the quality of an argument."

The individual with the username 'Sherpanauts' was also criticizing 'the CTMU', on the grounds that it lacks evidence and is unfalsifiable.

"From what I've gathered it seems plausible but lacking in necessary evidence. It's overlapping a grey area of Science and Philosophy which is completely fine but it's going to require a lot more observable evidence before Academics of any field would begin to remotely accept this model. At the moment it sounds more like Pseudoscience with Un-falsifiable points. Interesting but i would take it with a grain of salt."

I think that both of their points are good ones. So once again: how do their critical remarks about 'the CTMU' remarks support your statement of your own faith about the nature of reality?

23. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

No he is not. He is arguing FOR Langan. Notice that he said that any action taken for or against the telos is 'irrelevant'. Not that we lack free will entirely. As free will and determinism may be at odds but are mutual participants in a constant struggle for power.

Yes. That is correct.

The evidence for the CTMU is not testable. As in, you cannot sit in a lab and test it out. However it is, like all of observation and experimentation, objective.

Well I agree with the both of them completely. What yellow900 says is 100% agreeable. Reality is a self-fulfilling algorithm in that the people we meet, the places we go, the things we see, or read, the body or physical appearance we are genetically programmed with are all determined by this reality or self-fulfilling algorithm.