Reality as a Whole

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Spellbound, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Currently reading Wholeness and the Implicate Order by David Bhom. He says Quantum Theory and Relativity requires an undivided and unbroken reality. A reality as a whole. He even suggests a new mode of language known as rheomode to switch its basic role between verbs and nouns. It's genius. I highly recommend it. It's further evidence that reality is One.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

In Bohm's conception of reality, there is an account of consciousness as a thing that is not separated from reality but a real phenomenon having a substance of its own. Nothing is really separate since two things can become entangled or one.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

I agree. Two entities that are mutually exclusive still meet somewhere. For example, although wildly opposed, there is still a place where love and hate meet.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh look.
    Someone doesn't know what "mutually exclusive" or "entity" means.

8. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

Well ive been back and forth in my understanding of "mutually exclusive" during my life, but i think i have a handle on it.

If you are implying that i have little else to talk about, why not look in the philosophy section. I have recently started threads on the philosophy of a bottle of wine, and the toss of a coin. What was posted on this thread was an example of extremes, and they are the best i know.

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

My interpretation of Bohm's "holomovement" is that all things are connected in some way within the dynamic movement of the "wholeness" of the universe.

I particularly like the various levels of conversion from pure Energy to Potential, to the Implicate, and finally becoming expressed in our range of observation as the Explicate.

I am not sure if anything at that scale can be called mutually exclusive. Everythig is inextriccably connected by origin and evolution of the universe, IMO.

10. Waiter_2001 Registered Senior Member

Hot and cold temperatures never meet and they are mutually exclusive. Should hot and cold meet the temperature becomes average. If hot and cold truly met the temperature should become something else. Something that does not exist.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014