Rape: The Megathread

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Randwolf, Jul 4, 2008.

1. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Because saying yes to sex (explicit consent), then being active and participatory in any sex act (implicit consent), is the same thing as being a victim?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Randwolf about the drink spiking legislation, putting ANYTHING in someones drink without there concent is a criminal action. They were very specific to include achole in that because achole is actually the most common substance used to spike a drink. As for wether putting one shot in someones drink should be criminal put it this way, im intending to drive home so im very carefull in what i drink. Say i have only 2 light beers for argument sake and then just drink soft drink. I know im fine with that so i get in the car to drive home. My last softdrink was spiked with heavy spirts and i dont know so i miss judge some action and plough into another car carring a young family killing all of us. Should the person who spiked my drink get off because "it was only one shot"?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Yes, thank you again. I started my earlier reply and then walked AFKB. I appreciate your effort....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Afkb?

8. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

I agree in spirit. But maybe it shouldn't be criminal, but rather civil. Meaning that if someone causes you harm, i.e. "My last softdrink was spiked with heavy spirts and i dont know so i miss judge some action and plough into another car" you could sue them. I'm just concerned about making more and more laws. What if the bartender adds extra liquor to your drink? How will this law be enforced?

9. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Sorry, "away from keyboard". That happens occasionally...

10. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

The way this is phrased, no, there are no victims. But, it seems that many femnazis will proclaim that the female is always a victim, whilst simultaneously maintaining that women invite, enjoy and have as much "right" to sex as men. Which they do, they just need to stop hiding behind this righteous position later, after they change their minds. Oh, I'm sorry, women reserve the right to retroactively change their minds, right, ladies?

11. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i disagree, it is good that its criminal. What if they were alergic to something and you put it in there food or drink as a joke? Causing death should never be a civil case, it should be criminal.

acording to the Australian insititute of criminology 1/3 of drink spiking cases lead to sexual assult and 1 in 20 lead to robbery

4/5 cases are against women one of which was a friend of PB's. She ended up in hospital and it was only because she was friends with the bouncer and had her BF there that something worse didnt happen. It turned out to be the bar tender who did it

I cant actually find out how many incidents lead to death but its definitly more than 1 (the Dianne Brimble case), i would suggest its ALOT higher than that but i cant back it up

The one area which currently is lacking is drink spiking with achole for fun acording to this report however its over 2 years old and im sure they have fixed that by now. Drink spiking which leads to death is a murder case which means life in prision or manslaughter at the least (between 20 years and life).

13. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

umm thats not even one of mine so what the fuck are you talking about?

I have said over and over again that ANY vilonce is criminal assult, should be reported to the police and charges should be laid

15. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Asguard seems to be fair in all matters. He is not biased, IMHO. However, I am wondering, again, don't your (Australian) laws give too much discretionary power to the prosecutor? What about the friendly bartender doubling up on your drinks? Does this constitute "spiking"? Is he/she liable?

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

if its without concent then yes, if the person KNOWS they are putting more achole in the drink then of course not. That being said the owner may get pissed off with the bartender and charge them with theft if they are giving away free drinks

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Why don't you tell that to Orleander instead of her constant endorsement of violence towards men?

18. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

no.,because you are consenting to the act of sex,but not to the consequences.
    just like if one partner is willing to have unprotected sex because the other partner lies and says they have no vd's.its not rape.

19. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Doesn't this law have the affect of prohibiting sex amongst the mentally incapacitated, or retarded? Is that the intent? Or are there exceptions made for that sort of thing?

20. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

I don't see how this can be considered "rape". What is the definition here? This is awfully broad. I smell trouble brewing, even though the intent may have been in the right place, these laws are going to put some innocent people in prison.

21. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

WHERE THE FUCK DID ORLEANDER SAY THAT IT IS OK TO HARM A MAN BUT NOT A WOMAN??? PLEASE PROVIDE SOME ACTUAL QUOTES OR STOP YOUR FUCKING HYSTERICAL RANTING, YOU DO MY FUCKING HEAD IN, ALL WE EVER HEAR FROM YOU IS HOW ANY WOMAN WHO'S NOT A DOORMAT OR PROSTITUTE IS AN ANTI MALE SEXIST WHO CUTS OFF PENISES. GROW UP.

And yes Simon, Kadark does talk like a rapist. He also likes to 'kick women in the spine' for not respecting his superiority.

22. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Woah chickie... Don't let this get to you, we are all just here to talk and enjoy each other's company. Who cares if others have unsubstantiated views? Please don't let it raise your blood pressure, VI. :m:

23. draqon Banned Banned

thats why I avoid girls...they can easily make up a lie and call me rapist