Random Notes

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tiassa, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

Your comments about sexuality remind me of a dream that I had several years ago, where this extremely handsome blonde man was asking me to take the pink bus or the blue bus and because I could not decide I got left. Now if he would have made one of those choices A Ford pickup with balls hanging off the back I could have had a way back home.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Well hopefully you can and will devote more of your delightful writing to Sciforums instead of that farce of a wedding.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

LADEE, AJAM, and other notes

It's one of those days where I didn't feel like blogging a particular event because, well, I've just been in kind of a foul mood.

To the other, AJAM is on the air in my area; I knew it had launched, and that we had Current before, but I hadn't tuned in to check out the new Al Jazeera America until last night, at which point I realized how embarrassed I am by CNN, FOX, and MSNBC.

While waiting for some soup to heat, I happened to turn on the television, and by random coincidence, when I checked AJAM, well, there was that event, and I watched LADEE launch from Wallops Island, live.

Strangely, that made me feel better. But, yes. LADEE is off to the moon, and oh, yes, it's an awesome mission.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Now, for something totally random

Um...Fruity flavored beer? Who woulda thunk it? :shrug:

Has anyone tried this? I like it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Never tried this one but I've made a few good fruit beers. I made a raspberry wheat that was pretty good, and a blackberry wheat that was even better. The druvenbier (grape beer) has had mixed success.

Commercially I've found these fruit beers to be really good:

Dogfish Head Festina Peche (Berliner Weiss with peaches)
    Hangar 24 orange wheat
    Abita Purple Haze
    McMenamims Ruby (one of my favorites of all time - raspberry)
    Cascade Raspberry Wheat
    Hangar 24 local essence (IPA with grapefruit - sounds odd but it works)

8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

you make your own beer? that's awesome.
    blackberry wheat...mmmm...when did you start making your own beer, billvon? that's really cool.

Oh, that abita purple haze sounds interesting. Thanks!

9. Username Registered Senior Member

I would totally drink a blackberry brew. Actually i will take one right now. Where can I get it?

10. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Me 2. Sounds yum!

Apparently, billvon's house.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

But Lambic is it's own special thing ... y'know?

My feelings about fruit-flavored beers are conflicted.

Berry-Weizen, no.

Lambic Framboise? Well, serve it on up.

12. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I'm juuuuust getting into the fruity brews. They're different, fun.

Wunderbar! :cheers:

13. Username Registered Senior Member

I think we should experiment and come up with an entire line of fruity stuff. It will be like eating beagles or waffles for breakfast with a glass of orange or blueberry juice. The special cocktail everyone would want to drink. Actually this opens up the door for an entire new industry of special drinks.

14. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Are beer distributors just not profiting off...well, just selling beer, anymore?

:shrug:

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Fragadelica

Just had the most wonderful afternoon of wasting time, playing Sauerbraten. For once in the Universe, everything was aligned right; good players, good spirit, lots of virtual sunshine and fragging. I mention this because things never go like that. I mean, you know how they talk about kids and social skills and all that sort of thing with online gaming? This was one of those snapshot sessions, almost unreal for its lack of horse excrement.

Completely random. Completely fragadelic.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Such Arrogance as You've Never Known

Basic Expectations

You know, I get it, when it's tech support. But when I know the people asking, and I'm expected to fix things, yes, I suppose I am so fucking arrogant as to expect that I should not have to ask, "Is the fucking thing plugged in?"

And that still doesn't answer the question of why every time someone asks me to fix the printer, there is some inaccessible file that can't be killed sitting in the print queue. And when you ask someone, "What did you try to print three days ago that didn't print?" they always stare at you blankly and say, "I don't know."

Number one, the next time someone wants me to fix the printer and the problem is a Windows print queue, the damn thing better be empty save for the job I'm trying to print; I'm tired of finding these bloated scraps that nobody apparently knows a damn thing about sitting in the queue refusing to either print or clear. Oh, and plug the fucking USB cable into the goddamn computer!

Okay, look ... these aren't the sorts of dolts you usually imagine when you hear these stories. Seriously, is it so hard to ask people to not go out of their way to be incompetent?

17. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I shouldn't laugh....but........... :roflmao:

You could do stand up with this material, just sayin'.

18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Auto-corrective/Auto-Predictive text is the future of Plagiarism. While people might go out of their way to attempt to write an original paper, the harsh reality is that Auto-Correction/Predication will likely rewrite such papers in a way it's programmed to, this means that people will likely try submitting exactly the same papers and be caught out for it, just because they didn't proof read to see what was happening under the guise of a spell-check.

you know there is a hypothetically for what happens when you seal one hundred monkeys in a room with typewriters, well let's just say even that hypothetical has changed since those typewriters are writing their own scripts, it kind of makes the monkeys redundant.

19. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

He's great. Seventy five percent of the reason I come here is to read Tiassa's stuff...

20. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Okay. If you like fruity brews...you must try Redd's Apple Ale. It's crisp, a bit hard, offers a nice kick. Perfect ending to my week!

Also, quite appropriate for the autumn season. Give it a try.

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Um, so when you find a brew you really like? Tastes really good? You drink more than you should? You just might find yourself terribly hung over, the following day. :/ That's how tasty it was!

Buyer beware.

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Recovery

Yeah, that happens sometimes. I tend to chase the hops, not the fruit flavor that covers otherwise bad beer. Had a couple pints of Evo IPA last night; could have closed the place out on that stuff; best that I didn't.

Protein, salt, and water.

23. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I see what you did there.

I've never tried any India Pale Ales, as of yet... You seem to be a fan.

This beer has an interesting story.

http://beer.about.com/od/ale/p/IPAProfile.htm

Yep. If alcohol wasn't so dehydrating, I don't think hang overs would have such a lasting effect. :/

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.