question about origin of universe

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by psycha, Nov 29, 2007.

1. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

superluminal. The BB is generally accepted as being about the origin iof the universe since it goes into how it is believed it came about, what happened in the first few moments and what happened since then. If you do nopt talk about how the BB came about, you might as well just say goddidit! (since non-creationist christians do).

If the university was never pointlike, what need for inflation, why infinite temperature and pressure, why the CMB, etc?

I think you'll find the BB fits a number of definitions of the word "explosion". As to existing space, can we know for certain there was nothing there beforehand?

Let's see. Temperature CMB = 2.7K (13.7 billion LY). Temperature space beyond the Oort cloud = 2.7K (1 LY). How is it cooling down?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

superluminal. I answered that question elsewhere. I remembered it being pointed out that the WMAP was too crude for such measurements so could not be said to see them and not many lines later saying that the WMAP had seen them. Spergal can't have it both ways.

As to Afshordi, saying there is something we don't understand so Lieu is wrong doesn't count in my book.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.