psychology.....hell on wheels

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by sculptor, Aug 16, 2015.

1. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Why do I enjoy the tv program "Hell on wheels"?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. timojin Valued Senior Member

What is it all about ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sculptor Valued Senior Member

the 1st transcontinental railroad

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. timojin Valued Senior Member

I suppose is not the Trassiberian. Europe into Asia all the way to Vladivostok ? O would enjoy it also even the Trans America , of the beautiful natural views.

8. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Well I guess somebody has to.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

sideshowbob likes this.
  9. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Walking Dead... don't know why I like it as much as I do. The show is pretty much a continuation of new people and zombie kills.

10. wellwisher Banned Banned

The program is about a pioneering tech effort, during the industrial revolution, at a time of limited big brother government. Government was there to help and not be a hindrance.

The land was open and free, but it was also tough as toenails. You needed tough men. There were few rules and regulations, justice was swift, and men could be men, without fear of PC nerds.

Picture trying to do build this in modern times. The most neurotic in culture get to hold up the project at every turn, projecting fears. The project is not led by courage, but held up by fear. The entire process begins as a three ring circus, requiring political and legal corruption to wade through the nonsense. The EPA and any of a number of other agencies have to conduct studies, which take years due to incompetence and political hold out for kickbacks. Then there are unions, etc..

It is nice to go back to a time where things could get done in record time with minimal tech because of ingenuity and the pioneer spirit, unbridled by the lowest common denominator.

The undead is different since this is about modern day liberalism. The undead where once alive but are now parasites, who live off the flash of the living; self reliant and tax payer. The self sufficient have to constantly be on the look out of big government living dead, ambushing them and turning them into dependents. This all began with a virus or meme, which impacted many but not all. The living are on the defense but look for an antidote. With certain precautions the living can survive in the land of the undead.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    sculptor likes this.